Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2017, 07:17 AM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Newbie

Hi all. Been lurking for a couple of months now having a bit of a read of whatever seems interesting but not posted anything as yet. I don't currently own a Subaru of any sort but I will be in the market for one in a couple of months, with a budget of around £6-7K. Preferably, I'd be after a bug or blob STi if it's realistic to expect a half decent one for that sort of money (judging by eBay prices, I think it is, but do correct me if I'm wrong!). I like the styling of the hawk STis but having read about the issues people have had with engines, that kinda puts me off a bit. However, whichever I go for, I wouldn't be modding it too heavily as it will be my daily so I'd have to keep it fairly sensible and reliable. Failing an STi, a nicely spec'd WRX would do, although the derision WRX owners seem to get on here might be too much for me to take Whatever I get, it's gonna be a step up from the current SportKa I'm driving, which I'm planning to turn into a cheapo track car once I get an Impreza. Nothing too mental, just strip it out, put some sticky tyres and better brake pads on it and see how it goes.

Anywho, longass intro post over. If anyone has something I might be after that they'd be looking to sell in a couple of months, let me know! And if there's any members around the Bicester/Oxford area, say hi. I see tons of Imprezas round my way so one of the owners must be a member on here!
Old 09 February 2017, 11:02 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck to you.
I'll warn you now these cars get under your skin and a few choice mods/improvements can quickly escalate into kidney-selling territory...
Old 09 February 2017, 11:14 AM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Cheers. I do already have some bits and bobs in mind depending on what model I get and what it already has/hasn't got. Power wise, I really can't see me doing too much to be honest (initially at least) as I'd need to keep it reliable and my commute to and from work doesn't need mega power to be fun, it's very much a twisty B road journey that's all about handling/avoiding potholes, so that would be mainly where any money goes.
Old 10 February 2017, 08:56 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

welcome to our forum.....forget the newage sti , get the classic sti or P1, that way you will make ££ instead of losing it
Old 11 February 2017, 06:12 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

As a daily newage will be better, not as many bugs around so they should increase in price well.
Old 13 February 2017, 06:35 AM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bighead
welcome to our forum.....forget the newage sti , get the classic sti or P1, that way you will make ££ instead of losing it
Originally Posted by jaygsi
As a daily newage will be better, not as many bugs around so they should increase in price well.

Keeping or losing money on it doesn't really bother me too much to be honest, but I figured if I manage to get a bug or blob STi within my budget, I can't see me losing a great deal on it when the time comes to get rid of it. It's something I want to keep for a while and enjoy first anyway, it'll be the first proper performance car I've owned up till now. The depreciation of it is a minor concern at present.