Sponsored by:

VHT Wrinkle Pain

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2017, 01:58 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VHT Wrinkle Pain

Anyone painted their intake manifold using VHT Wrinkle Paint? How does it stand in time?

I used the one from Ebay before on plastic parts to great results.(proper solid paint, and good adhesion)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VHT-SP204-...item58dc2b0541

My only worry with this paint on intake manifold is that the wrinkles will accumulate a lot of dirt which won`t be easy to wash out. At the moment manifold was painted with halfrauds red brake caliper paint, and I like it in the way that surface finish is very slippery and any dirt washes off easily. Disadvantage of this paint is that It was very difficult to get first layers to stick on the manifold.

Any opinions?
Old 03 February 2017, 02:03 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the vht wrinkle paint has been used for years on the impreza manifold. at one point they did change the colour, so the match as OE was not the same, but im not sure what it is like now.

It last well, and no more harder to clean than a standard sti inlet.
Old 03 February 2017, 03:15 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

It that hard really, first few coats Spray as normal moving away more to create the wrinkle effect and drying in between painting. It cures more with heat.
Regarding cleaning, I do t know as I've never cleaned it but it's holding fine so far
Old 03 February 2017, 03:39 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
It that hard really, first few coats Spray as normal moving away more to create the wrinkle effect and drying in between painting. It cures more with heat.
Regarding cleaning, I do t know as I've never cleaned it but it's holding fine so far
Maybe it wasn't clear, but actually I had very good success using this pain on bare metal or plastic parts, just solvent cleaned and used directly. Resulted in very good bond between part and spray paint. Hence I`m keen to use it on my manifold.

Cleaning wise sice it's quite mat, hence i`m worried once some oil and dirt sticks to it in-between wrinkles, might require scrubbing to clean.
Old 03 February 2017, 04:30 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

You'd want to use a etch primer tbh, but your choice, I get the wrinkle cleaning but I suppose a bit of degrease spray and a cloth won't be hard shifting it.
Your car shouldn't get oil on it anyway unless cars not maintained properly, only dry dirt and dust should formulate over time if no leakages etc