Sponsored by:

Toucan for alcatek

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2017, 11:58 AM
Townsend94
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Toucan for alcatek

Does anyone or has anyone used a jt innovations toucan with a alcatek ecu? I'm looking at buying one for my classic, I want to use it for oil temp/pressure coolant temp and air fuel ratio and also to change the rpm limit on my launch control.

would you recommend it over gauges?
Old 11 January 2017, 12:15 PM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looked at one of these for my blob.

By the time you've done the screen and the additional sensor loom required for the oil pressure/temperature it was something like £1000 and my car just doesnt warrant that.
Old 11 January 2017, 08:25 PM
stealthbomber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to go with a toucan later this year to run alongside alcatek but I want to keep my defi boost, oil temp and pressure gauges as I like the look of them. I'd like to run afr, fuel pressure, egt via the toucan as I was worried about cluttering the dash up with too many gauges and they're not too easy to come by second hand. Alongside all the other toucan features, it seems to be the way to go for me.
Old 12 January 2017, 10:27 AM
S744hdv
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a toucan fitted with an Alkatec ecu and I'd recommend it.If you've already got the ecu then cost isn't too bad.
If i remember correctly I just needed an oil pressure sensor and wideband lambda sensor.All other readings were picked up via the ecu ie water/oil temp, boost ect.
Only gauges I haven't got working are fuel pressure/temp which I don't need,you'd need extra sensors for those.