Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUBARU RECALL NOTICE: IMPREZA MODELS (2004 – 2007)

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2016, 11:14 AM
Bad_HatHarry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUBARU RECALL NOTICE: IMPREZA MODELS (2004 – 2007)

Not sure if you lot new about this so thought i would post

Noticed on subaru uk yesterday.

As part of its quality processes Fuji Heavy Industries, parent company to Subaru Automobile has issued an official recall campaign relating to possible front passenger air bag SPI inflator failure.The recall notice applies only to Impreza models (including WRX and STI) built between 2004 and 2007. The recall does not affect any other models in the Subaru range.

The vehicles affected are equipped with front passenger air bag SPI inflators manufactured by air-bag maker Takata. The recall has received widespread media coverage as Takata supplies a number of Japanese vehicle manufacturers.

It has been found that the inflators in the passenger airbag may experience an alteration over time, potentially leading to over-aggressive combustion in the event of an airbag deployment, leading to risk of injury.

Subaru UK is advising owners of all Impreza models built between 2004 and 2007 to contact their local dealer at their earliest convenience to have the front passenger airbag inflator replaced free of charge.

Please note, this applies to passenger side airbags only and we therefore advise you avoid seating occupants in the front passenger seat until the work has been carried out.

Please contact our service department to confirm whether or not your vehicle is affected by this recall and to make a booking for the work to be done at your earliest convenience.

- See more at: http://subaru.co.uk/#sthash.pi0KeEGT.dpuf
Old 15 September 2016, 11:28 AM
chucky1970
Scooby Regular

my air bag and lower arms were done a few months ago on recall bt unity subaru solihull
Old 15 September 2016, 11:48 AM
jason7579
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ru-models.html

Got mine done at Kinghams in Croydon at the end of July after about a 4 or 5 month wait. The garages only seem to be getting in a few air bags per month from what I've read previously.
Old 15 September 2016, 11:52 AM
malevolent_sti
Scooby Regular

Mine was also done in Kinghams Croydon, can't recommend them though. The "test-drive" afterwards took about 20 mins, I think I head them go under the underpass twice at full chat. Also they didn't refit the dash properly.
Old 15 September 2016, 12:02 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by malevolent_sti
Mine was also done in Kinghams Croydon, can't recommend them though. The "test-drive" afterwards took about 20 mins, I think I head them go under the underpass twice at full chat. Also they didn't refit the dash properly.
Why test-drive after an airbag installation? I'm defo getting a dash cam if and as Shem mine goes in thx for sharing your experience pal
Old 15 September 2016, 12:20 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ZANY
Why test-drive after an airbag installation? I'm defo getting a dash cam if and as Shem mine goes in thx for sharing your experience pal
why not just get a mate to sit in the back of the car and film them, as long as that person doesnt get out of the car you arent in breach of any workshop health and safety rules . .

Old 15 September 2016, 12:22 PM
jason7579
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by malevolent_sti
Funnily enough I had to wait about 30 minutes as mine was still at the valeters.
Old 15 September 2016, 01:06 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
why not just get a mate to sit in the back of the car and film them, as long as that person doesnt get out of the car you arent in breach of any workshop health and safety rules . .

Excellent solution
Old 15 September 2016, 01:10 PM
nozzavtr
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got Woodford Motor Company over Woodford Green to do mine, it's where I got the car from, took them an hour all in, no test drive though. Didn't get anywhere with Maidstone Subaru so tried Woodford instead, just a ballache to get to due to the Blackwall Tunnel.
Old 15 September 2016, 09:49 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Is this for UK and JDM?

(Not sure if that's a stupid question or not? Lol)
Old 15 September 2016, 10:11 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's all models

Takata airbag recall affects 100,000,000 vehicles

Not just subaru, 14 manufacturers in total

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...call/index.htm

I had mine replace at Europa Subaru in Sheffield, it was a 3 month wait
Old 16 September 2016, 07:32 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Is this for UK and JDM?

(Not sure if that's a stupid question or not? Lol)
I made contact yesterday with Subaru uk and they are checking with Subaru Japan for any outstanding recalls on my JDM WIDETRACK then take it from there I'd get in touch through the link above I've been given a case number etc aswell
Old 16 September 2016, 10:59 AM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

I contacted Subaru when I got the letter a few months back / I asked if they would supply the part & I'll fit it myself / they said no that's not a option - I replyd well it won't be getting done then - dropped the letter in the bin
Old 17 September 2016, 03:53 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze
I contacted Subaru when I got the letter a few months back / I asked if they would supply the part & I'll fit it myself / they said no that's not a option - I replyd well it won't be getting done then - dropped the letter in the bin

Why? Recall work is regarded as being free of charge for labour aswell...like warranty work.
I got my airbag done earlier this year, didn't cost me a penny.
Old 17 September 2016, 04:33 AM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Am I right in saying this applies to the facelift blobs and hawks then? Mine is an 04 plate so made pre 2004 right?
Thanks in advance
Old 17 September 2016, 09:53 AM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
Why? Recall work is regarded as being free of charge for labour aswell...like warranty work.
I got my airbag done earlier this year, didn't cost me a penny.
Rolling up 2 a forecourt in a track focused car that hasn't been sat or touched in its life exept by the late Harvey , Darren , myself & Bob on mapping days ... To hand my keys over for a poxy air bag module / no thanks
.. Might sound arsey but I don't want some strangers sticky fingers all over my car ....
It's no big deal /
Old 17 September 2016, 10:22 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Rolling up 2 a forecourt in a track focused car that hasn't been sat or touched in its life exept by the late Harvey , Darren , myself & Bob on mapping days ... To hand my keys over for a poxy air bag module / no thanks
.. Might sound arsey but I don't want some strangers sticky fingers all over my car ....
It's no big deal /
What about having a passenger sat in while the do the work or yourself as mentioned above ?? Totally understand where your coming from mate I wouldn't let any1 touch mine but airbags are important unless yours is allready taken off?
Old 17 September 2016, 01:31 PM
bro82
Scooby Regular

@ ZANY please let us know if it applies also to JDM models ��
Old 17 September 2016, 04:31 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bro82
@ ZANY please let us know if it applies also to JDM models ��
Pm sent bro
Old 17 September 2016, 10:55 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It's no big deal /
I know you've already said you don't want it done, But How about a trip to Carlisle to me ?? I'll change the SPI inflator & you can even watch in the workshop if you like, Like a few others I've done. If not I wont be offended.
Old 18 September 2016, 07:20 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rob84
I know you've already said you don't want it done, But How about a trip to Carlisle to me ?? I'll change the SPI inflator & you can even watch in the workshop if you like, Like a few others I've done. If not I wont be offended.
Hi there!! You were suppose to sort mine for me like.. Last year but no response only fruitless attempts of contact and sent you my details numerous times, after checking the link above I've had immediate response why offer to help then blank off
Old 18 September 2016, 08:26 AM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

It applies to all, it's a worldwide recall
Old 18 September 2016, 09:04 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

ive rang 2 main subaru dealerships and gave them my plate and vin...they said its not on the recall list even though its an 04 sti?? better not explode
Old 18 September 2016, 09:20 AM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the offer Rob , I know your only a hour away
I'm really none too fussed about it tbh , if I had the module I wound change it out sure / .... I wouldn't offend you : you've gave sound advice over the years on here ...

Zany thanks for the supporting comment
Although I know it's important / ... Car is getting ready to be winter stored over next 4-6 weeks so I'll see what happens / but itl prob get left off the list to do
Old 18 September 2016, 09:37 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
ive rang 2 main subaru dealerships and gave them my plate and vin...they said its not on the recall list even though its an 04 sti?? better not explode
As long as you've got proof from them I.e an email stating yours is not on the list your right bro carry on driving it and if it pops take there backsides to court!

I've been advised not to carry passengers till they get back to me try the link above worked for me thanks to the OP
Old 18 September 2016, 10:11 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

As long as you've got proof from them I.e an email stating yours is not on the list your right bro carry on driving it and if it pops take there backsides to court!

I've been advised not to carry passengers till they get back to me try the link above worked for me thanks to the OP

yeah i should do pal...im just confused as i thought it was ALL MODELS stated in the ops opening paragraph?? i might get someone to take a look

Last edited by johno01; 18 September 2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 18 September 2016, 02:21 PM
InTurbo
Scooby Regular

Mine was changed earlier in the year on my hawk.
Old 19 September 2016, 09:33 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the offer Rob , I know your only a hour away
I'm really none too fussed about it tbh , if I had the module I wound change it out sure / .... I wouldn't offend you : you've gave sound advice over the years on here ...
No worries mate
Old 19 September 2016, 09:39 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Hi there!! You were suppose to sort mine for me like.. Last year but no response only fruitless attempts of contact and sent you my details numerous times, after checking the link above I've had immediate response why offer to help then blank off
JDM's at the time were not as easy as checking the UK or European variants, I should know as I was the first in the UK to process a claim back through Japan, if you want to get picky. 14 days to sort one car, The guy is on here somewhere...A lot of time was spent sending Vin numbers it got out of hand. The easiest way would have been for you to pick up the phone and call me for a more direct response as I'm not on here every day
Old 20 September 2016, 07:10 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

JDM's at the time were not as easy as checking the UK or European variants, I should know as I was the first in the UK to process a claim back through Japan, if you want to get picky. 14 days to sort one car, The guy is on here somewhere...A lot of time was spent sending Vin numbers it got out of hand. The easiest way would have been for you to pick up the phone and call me for a more direct response as I'm not on here every day
Sure I would have rang you if I had a contact number given to me by yourself but had no response from any pm's sent to you ... It's right fella hopefully I should have it sorted now all goes well

Quick Reply: SUBARU RECALL NOTICE: IMPREZA MODELS (2004 – 2007)