2.0r Sway bars and handling

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2016, 09:35 AM
Dazz01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0r Sway bars and handling

Hello

I have a 2008 Impreza 2.0r and im wondering if a 08 wrx or sti (OEM or Aftermarket) rear sway bar will fit my car because I cant find much for my specific car. Because my NA subaru is not made for performance/handling as such, it has incredible understeer.

Also, what other mods would you consider to cure the understeer?
I still have the tires which the previous owner put on and they are not the best so I will try to pick up form Bridgestone RE003's shortly.

Cheers
Old 06 September 2016, 11:10 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Sway bars are in the USA, we call them anti-roll bars.

Try putting a one size thicker on the rear, but LEAVE THE FRONT ALONE or you dial that understeer right back in.

Yes get decent tyres and think about a PROPER full geometry setup, NOT carried out at some tyre place or back-street joe's garage.
Old 06 September 2016, 11:25 AM
Dazz01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Sway bars are in the USA, we call them anti-roll bars.

Try putting a one size thicker on the rear, but LEAVE THE FRONT ALONE or you dial that understeer right back in.

Yes get decent tyres and think about a PROPER full geometry setup, NOT carried out at some tyre place or back-street joe's garage.
By geometry do you mean like a performance alignment?
A decent performance wheel alignment probably is a good idea.
Old 06 September 2016, 05:04 PM
dark_angel
Scooby Regular

Hi
I have a 2006 (Hawkeye) 2.0 R Sport wagon with the original suspension (107000 miles old) and Falken ZE tyres and it handles quite well. It's got the original 16 inch wheels and is running the standard geometry setup.
If yours is the '08 hatchback version then I don't know much about it but if it's a Hawkeye I would suggest better tyres and better brakes before spending money on the anti roll bars.
Is there any play in the anti roll bar droplink bushes front and rear ? That maybe the issue.

Andy
Old 07 September 2016, 03:25 AM
Dazz01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dark_angel
Hi
I have a 2006 (Hawkeye) 2.0 R Sport wagon with the original suspension (107000 miles old) and Falken ZE tyres and it handles quite well. It's got the original 16 inch wheels and is running the standard geometry setup.
If yours is the '08 hatchback version then I don't know much about it but if it's a Hawkeye I would suggest better tyres and better brakes before spending money on the anti roll bars.
Is there any play in the anti roll bar droplink bushes front and rear ? That maybe the issue.

Andy
Okay, I do have the 2008 one with the 17 inch wheels. I think the main issue right now is the tyres.
Old 08 September 2016, 07:59 AM
dark_angel
Scooby Regular

What make are the tyres ?