Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The yolk is on Prescot

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2001, 10:49 PM
nigelm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newsnight clearly showed fatty2jags punching a ?egg farming motorist. Hopefully that's the last we will see of him.
Old 16 May 2001, 10:57 PM
Simon
Scooby Regular

The in-bred **** with the egg deserved a kicking. If he'd have thrown an egg into my face at that range I would have smacked him too.
Old 16 May 2001, 11:02 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
My opinion of 2 Jags just jumped up a few places, fair play to him.
Old 16 May 2001, 11:32 PM
nigelm
Scooby Regular

Angry

Are you realy supporting f2j and his hate for motorists? Some one help me please!
Old 16 May 2001, 11:59 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nigel

I think you'll find there just supporting him for sticking up for himself, something which if the rest of us did we'd get banged up

Si
Ps He's still a **** IMHO
Old 17 May 2001, 12:03 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Things are never as clear as they look on TV, remember the footage could be edited. Only last night I saw the egg then punch bit on the news. This morning in the paper JP is on the floor and I didn't see that on TV. Ask yourself what you'd have done if it happened to you, regardless of his position its automatic to strike back, unless your a robot. An egg at that distance would bloody sting. Get off your high horses, and no I don't vote Labour I'm an SNP man(when I'm home).

Regards
Cammy
Old 17 May 2001, 12:09 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

he was on the floor after he punched the guy and started grappling with him, had he walked away the guy would have done nothing to him- watch the footage, if egg man wanted a ruck he is likley to start with something more aggresive than an egg.

and the egg was not hurled at speed in fact im surprised 2jags felt it through his 4 chins.

tiggs

ps- right or wrong to do it, dont care its funny tv though
Old 17 May 2001, 12:19 AM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

Just my thoughts on the matter...

IMHO, throwing an egg into someones face from two feet or so is an assault. I do believe JP was acting in self defence as he had no way of knowing if he would be subject to another attack, and clearly wasn't going to wait to find out.

I don't think you have to take turns with your blows for it to be classified as self defence!. If somebody attacked me, I would defend myself with sufficient force to prevent them from possibly continuing their assault.

I don't know how this is legally defined - probably use of 'reasonable force' or similar. If JP had retaliated with more force than was reasonably necessary to defend himself then he would be culpable. I don't think this was the case though...

I don't think who threw the first punch has anything to do with it either - I think you can claim self defence if you had good cause to suspect that you may be about to be subjected to an attack.

Anyone familiar with the legal position in cases like this?

Cheers,

Alex

Old 17 May 2001, 12:39 AM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Not convinced about this waiting for someone to hit me before protecting myself bit - if they hit you once you've lost your chance and will be on the floor having your face stamped on before you know it. I'd rather be karted aware in a Meat Wagon than an ambulance.

I don't like F2J but he was assaulted and retailiated, I don't think he should be charged whether it's illegal or not.

Gary
Old 17 May 2001, 12:50 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Angry

Typical...

I had to go out last night with my fiancee's familly. So what did I miss?

1. Probably the best footy match of the (new) century.

2. F2J lamping some bloke in the face...!

From the accounts I've heard at work, no-one here seems certain the chap F2J struck out at was the egg-thrower!

If that is the case, I'd really love to see him up on charges.

Tony would actually GAIN support if he removed F2J from the cabinet. That kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable. Didn't Tony get pelted with eggs or tomatoes recently? Did he wade in and beat the cr@p out of the perpetrator?

Nah...

BTW I'll be voting Lib-Dem. At least they've got the b@ll@cks to say we need more money via taxation to support Health/Education/Services. A move I've thought required for some time.
Old 17 May 2001, 12:57 AM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

After watching it quite a few times from different angles, I'm sure JP got the guy who threw the egg...

A question - how come there were at least two cameras on site to capture the action from several angles and very close range....

Conspiracy theory time - could be a set-up to grab the headlines and shade Labour's manifesto annoucement

A lot more entertaining it has to be said

Cheers,

Alex
Old 17 May 2001, 07:18 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

why's he called 2 jags?
Old 17 May 2001, 07:53 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well from the camera angle I saw he threw the first punch.

Im sorry but an egg doesnt hurt that much from that range. Yes a bit maybe, its not like he hasnt got any padding though is it.
Fat Git, the sooner he does us all a favour and departs this planet the better. We used to get each other with eggs when we used to go camping, they really dont hurt much, shock a little yes, but thats it.

As said before, if one of us had of thrown that punch we would have been charged, no doubt.

robski
Old 17 May 2001, 07:54 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

just a thought but he sould have used a fuel can, (full obviously)!

that would have done the trick.

robski
Old 17 May 2001, 08:10 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

From the footage shown on sky news it wasn't clear if the bloke Fatty hit was even the one who threw the egg, but it was clear that fatty threw the first punch. Tw@t....

Old 17 May 2001, 08:56 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Cool

Philc,

He is called two jags, as he used to and probably still does swan round in two rather large Jag cars and then gives the public stick about having gas guzzling cars!

OUTRAGEOUS!

Mossman, waiting to see the footage tonight I hope!
Old 17 May 2001, 08:59 AM
JayDee
Scooby Regular

Well I'm with F2J on this one. If some fat grinning tw@t threw an egg at me from a range of 3 feet I'd feel a bit p1ssed about it.

That said I'd be damn careful about picking a fight with a fit farmer 20 years younger than me!!

And I will not be voting labour - its just a human thing

JD

(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by JayDee (edited 17 May 2001).]
Old 17 May 2001, 09:02 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Bad day all round for them.......

two jags and the punch....I'm sorry but a public figure should not retaliate. If I was the person he punched I would press charges!!!

And then that woman shouting at Smirking Tony....something to do with a relative and the NHS... how sincere did he sound, not at all!!!!

Dave
Old 17 May 2001, 09:10 AM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well I think there should be better security for our MP's...is not safe for the public anymore

[This message has been edited by Tim Taylor (edited 17 May 2001).]
Old 17 May 2001, 09:22 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

F2J is a reptile and always has been.
For heaven's sake, the man is deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdon! Politicians get egged and tomatoed all the time; they should have the self control to rise above it and contain themselves.
It doesn't matter what you would've done in the same situation - you're not one of this country's most senior "statesmen" (in it's loosest sense in this case)
The pictures of the UK deputy PM punching and brawling in the street, whilst amusing, frankly make the UK look ridiculous.
I've never particularly liked F2J and would be delighted to see him strung up over this.

At the same time, one must question the personal security arrangements these people make....
Old 17 May 2001, 09:36 AM
longun
Scooby Regular

Want to see a picture then you have to risk clicking this link to the muppet forum
Old 17 May 2001, 09:52 AM
DazW
Scooby Regular

F2J has gone up in my estimation too.....anyone who smacks a 'mullet' is tops in my book!
Old 17 May 2001, 09:53 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

For video and sound, go here:
Old 17 May 2001, 10:02 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

I would have smacked the bloke too, but then I'm not a deputy prime minister.

Just imagine if they were re-elected and he was reshuffled into defence, with his finger on the nuclear button
Old 17 May 2001, 10:07 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

First, I agree that getting an egg in the face at point blank range is likely to make you retaliate without thinking, which is what F2J did. I don't think anyone can blame him for that.

BUT, he DID strike out at the nearest target, without knowing whether it was actually he that threw the egg. The TV clearly showed F2J throwing the first punch (and second IIRC). Now is this the behaviour of an upstanding member of parliment?? Why no action take by the police against F2J???

It's election time, people have strong feelings about the future of their livelyhoods. Does he expect to have a smooth ride until election day??? Dream on...

What ever the rights and wrongs, it made me smile...
Old 17 May 2001, 10:10 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

What gets me is that if this happened outside a pub, on a friday night then both blokes would have been put in the van and spent a considerable time in the cells.

From the various camera angles available (don't you just love modern media coverage ) it is clear that the bloke threw an egg and F2J threw a punch. I'm not condoning the guy throwing an egg, but its hardly a serious assault (and batter-y).

Now if this didn't involve one of Tony's gang, the police would have been straight round.

I did find Labour's press conference this morning quite funny. Various jokes from Tony/Gordon etc (what else could they do!) and then Tony saying 'John is John' to which one of the BBC reporters replied 'is the sort of thing the mother of a hooligan says when he's in court'

It has to be said, of course, that given the Police chiefs were slow hand clapping Jack Straw yesterday, they may not be quite so much 'in the pocket' anymore

I just don't think its acceptable for him to be going round throwing punches. Plus his explanation of 'self defence' is just untrue. He said he was being jostled (totally untrue) and that two female aides had been knocked to the floor (maybe, but only after the melee caused by him throwing the punch).
Old 17 May 2001, 10:29 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

*******He is called two jags, as he used to and probably still does swan round in two rather large Jag cars and then gives the public stick about having gas guzzling cars! ******

Thanx mossman - all now becomes clear
Old 17 May 2001, 10:32 AM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Talking

...err, don't you mean fatty2jabs
Old 17 May 2001, 10:56 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Red face

Boys and girls.
As it was discussed on the Bam Bam brekfast show, there is a difference between self defence and retaliation. If someone comes up to you and cracks you straight in the gob. self defence is pushing them away, retaliation in cracking him straight back in his gob.
Seeing as Jabba only got an egg in the face, cracking the first person he sees in the mouth , when it hasn't been established yet if he did throw the egg or not is totally out of order.
IMO Jabba should roast in hell for this. He is a thug of the worst order and how he survived the New Labia clensing process is beyond me
Just my opinion.
astraboy.
Old 17 May 2001, 11:30 AM
Murray53
Scooby Regular

Guys, removing all/any political biase.

If you were at work and some prat threw an egg in your face from two feet away, would you not react in a similar way?

Like him or not, and I don't think many do, the fact is that he is deputy leader of this country and should have been better protected against what could have been a more serious assault.

BTW, I would have been inclined to give the egg thrower a right 'doing'

Quick Reply: The yolk is on Prescot