Sponsored by:

Faulty window

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2016, 03:55 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty window

The passenger window on my bugeye wrx has gone down but won't go up. Does anyone know how or if you can do this manually as don't want car sat with window half open.
Old 04 August 2016, 04:15 PM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Do the other windows work? Is it a blown fuse?
Can you get someone to pull it up (place hands on either side of the glass, press together and pull up) whilst holding the up button?
Old 04 August 2016, 04:40 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lunchmoney
Do the other windows work? Is it a blown fuse?
Can you get someone to pull it up (place hands on either side of the glass, press together and pull up) whilst holding the up button?
All the other Windows work fine, no fuses blown either. Tried pulling it up with both hands but won't budge as I'm guessing the winding mechanism is still engaged. if I could disengage mechanism I might have a chance of pulling it up but can't see how to do this as working on the back of door panel. Wondering if it's a duff switch as it'll go down but not return up
Old 04 August 2016, 04:45 PM
InTurbo
Scooby Regular

Have you tried switching the the switches around? I had a passenger side switch fail not to long ago.
After taking it apart and cleaning the metal conections it now works fine. Just be carefull you don't loose the two little ***** and springs inside it.
Old 04 August 2016, 05:01 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InTurbo
Have you tried switching the the switches around? I had a passenger side switch fail not to long ago.
After taking it apart and cleaning the metal conections it now works fine. Just be carefull you don't loose the two little ***** and springs inside it.
That's a good idea, if rear switch is same as front which I can't see it being to dissimilar as it serves the same purpose it could do the trick I'll have to have a look. If that doesn't work then I wonder if it could be a faulty motor but would've thought if it works one way then it should work the other........
Old 05 August 2016, 09:52 AM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

I swapped the rear switch for the front as it's the same, window goes down but won't return up. Would a faulty motor create this problem? I would've thought if a electric motor goes one way then it should go the other?