Sponsored by:

Hard to start when cold

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2016, 07:52 PM
just me
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard to start when cold

My widetrack blob is having a very hard time starting from cold, the car has had both a new battery and new alternator. Plugs are pefect.

I cant find any parasitic drain, but have read about a factory fitted tracker draining the battery and also the coolant temp sensor.

Would anybody know where the tracker would be located? I have taken off most of the panels in the interor but didnt find anything. TBH I dont even know what a tracker would look like, could anybody pm me a location please.

Also there is no cel for the coolant sensor, however the car always starts without issue when warm, would this be indicative of a fault with the sensor?

A further issue issue which I'm not sure is related is that when warm the car seems to have developed a misfire which can be felt in the drivers seat, again no cel. I hope its not a compression issue but will be doing a compression test anyway this weekend.

Has anybody encountered similar issues?
Old 01 August 2016, 10:18 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clean the cam and crank sensors. Located under the alternator at the front and on the right hand side by the oil filler neck. Could also be a coilpack breaking down so may be worth getting a set
Old 04 August 2016, 11:16 AM
just me
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers mate, I replaced the cam sensor about year ago, car stood still for that entire time, have givrn the crank sensor a clean, will see how it starts over the next few days.