Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Juan Pablo Montoya Posting on EVO Forum!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2001, 03:55 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Guys and gals.
Have a look at this....
Old 13 May 2001, 04:08 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

who cares - but I had fun assuming it was.

----
I am soooo glad that Juan Pablo Montoya is in F1. Hes a breath of fresh air - just like JV was when he came over. RACERS.

Hes great to watch - tried MOVES. Battles tooth and nail to keep his place.

He was unlucky that the car came a little unstuck when he tried to outbrake MS.

He never bashed into MS, so wasnt reckless.

I always look forward to races when there are people like this on the track.

Keep it up JPM
----
Old 13 May 2001, 04:56 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by SCOSaltire:
[B]
He was unlucky that the car came a little unstuck when he tried to outbrake MS.

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

???? was this the same incident I saw?

If the roles had been reversed and MS had forced JPM off the track in the same way it would have been 'dirty cheating German *******'

The only reason he lost the back end was having gone far enough to force Schuie off the track, he suffered from oversteer when he tried to make the corner himself

A breath of fresh air yes, a true racer (a very breed) yes, but also the dirtiest driver currently on the F1 grid

JV wasn't a breath of fresh air, he was just yet another overrated CART driver flattered by a car that at the time couldn't lose. Back in an average car, he is middle of the field.
Old 13 May 2001, 05:28 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

lol

guess i did see it another way - coz I posted the same on EVO and am getting ribbed about it

the way I saw it was that JPM outbraked MS, but came off and then on the brakes too soon - backend coming out as he turned in - he was only feet away from succeeding

ok - he did make a mistake... but the breath of fresh air I am on about is that he, and JV before him, both are having/had a go - not tickling the tummies of the drivers of the top cars.

too many times the only person having a go is MS - who is by far the mastercraftsman in F1.

Nigel M was of similar stock.

I think JV would be great in a decent car. Perhaps they should change the colour scheme or something as well as the performance, coz the car seems to look fat, sluggish, and slooow.

look at Jenson B - back of the pack. Yet in a good car he would do well.

but u see something that has happened?
we are talking about F1 again... didnt happen much last year - was all too predictable.

I hope this is DC's year - coz hes really trying and id love to see him beat the ferraris

[This message has been edited by SCOSaltire (edited 13 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by SCOSaltire (edited 13 May 2001).]
Old 13 May 2001, 08:25 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

JPM is a top driver and for him, winning is everything. Just what F1 needs.

I'm sure M Schumacher forgot at the drivers press conferance that he's punted and forced people of the track. Ask Damon Hill about Australia.

Schumacher just can't take his own medicine. He punts someone off, racing incident. He gets punted off, dirty and poor driving.

P.
Old 13 May 2001, 09:16 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

I checked the profile on EVO and the email address is one linked to the williams official web site.

I fired a mail off to it, soon see if it gets bounced or is legit.

I hope it's legit, that would be seriously cool. JPM is an amazing driver, about time someone gave shuey a hard time.
Old 13 May 2001, 09:41 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Formula 1 is definately looking more exciting now that JPM is on the scene, I really want him and the Williams team to do well this season. I can't believe that is him posting but if it is that <B>is</B> seriously kewl...

[This message has been edited by scoobychick (edited 13 May 2001).]
Old 13 May 2001, 09:42 PM
Des
Scooby Regular

Sith

Just something to think about...

In your first sentence you state that JPM
is great. In the second you say that MS
cant take his own medicine, which implies
that MS does the same things JPM does (in
fact you name Oz as an example).

My point is how can you like JPM doing MS
tactics but then slate MS in the same
breath. Surely you should admire MS and JPM
equally.

Fire proof/super-insulated/flame retardant/
superman suit on....
Old 13 May 2001, 09:43 PM
davefromevonet
Scooby Regular

the forum is becoming quite famous.Harry Metcalfe speculated the price of the 147 and within minutes the head of Fiat was on the phone.
But most so called celebs turn out to be members having a laugh.
Still,there is always a first time and besides we have a big celeb already,your very own DJ!!!
Old 13 May 2001, 10:44 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Question

Eh ???

WTF have I done now Dave ?

DJ
Old 13 May 2001, 11:51 PM
davefromevonet
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DocJock:
<B>Eh ???

WTF have I done now Dave ?

DJ[/quote]

nothing to be ashamed of,oh great wise one!!

I am a fan of your posts,thats all
Old 13 May 2001, 11:55 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Wink

Phew.........

thanx dad
Old 13 May 2001, 11:58 PM
davefromevonet
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DocJock:
<B>Phew.........

thanx dad [/quote]

looks like you out rank everybody as well,grandad
Old 14 May 2001, 09:24 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by schuey:
<B>I had a lot of respect for JPM until today. What a complete arsehole. Cost Schumacher the race. I'll brake so late into a corner that I go 20 yards into the gravel. OK so Schuey took Hill off, but I remember that Hill took Schuey off at least twice if not 3 times.
Mclaren say they run an equal team!!!!!!!!!!Bollocks!!!!!!!!!! Mika is always number 1 although it may change this year.
About time DC had a couple of DNFs. I bet if he fell in horse **** he would still end up smeling of roses.
The biggest threat to DC ( I hate him, in case you hadn't guessed ) is not Ferrari and MS but Ron Dennis who always sees him as the Scotish No.2 to the golden boy Mika.
Ron said he wouldn't have made the same call as Ferrari on the last lap, Yeah right and Minardi will win a GP this year.

Or is this just the beer talking????????????

Jon[/quote]

Just the beer talking methinks

Looked to me that neither MS or JPM were going to make that corner. A view shared by Alex Wurtz (who certainly is more qualified to comment than anyone on here).

D

Adelaide 1994 - Schumaker crashes into Hill to win the world championship

Jerez 1997 - Schumaker crashes into Villeneuve to try and win the world championship (but fails)

Not to mention how many other occasions.

So lets not moan about JPM costing MS the race. Michael should have had more sense than to try and overtake round the outside of the hairpin when he could (or should) have braked sooner and let Montoya take himself off, thus getting past.

Only person who cost MS that race was MS

D
Old 14 May 2001, 10:44 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

exactly - Diablo

talking to a m8 last night about the race.
really was great fun from start to finish.

roll on the next one
Old 14 May 2001, 10:50 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I'm with Jon (schuey).

I am certain that coulthard is a good driver, btu for him to consider himself to be in teh same league as schumacher is rediculous. Everyone knows it is just the car. Its the same reason hakkinen was nothing until he got the mclaren.

Whereas schumacher was always great regardless of car.

I have to say I think JPB is the next schumacher, but at the moment the bmw may be polishing his abilities for him. Perhaps it explains how ralf schumacher has come out of the woodwork some more?
Old 14 May 2001, 10:53 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Do you think an F1 driver would be allowed to post comments on an incident on a BBS? I am sure Frank would have something to say, as would Mr Schumacher

Montoya is class though.

R
Old 14 May 2001, 11:14 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Personally, I cant stand DC - he just annoys me in everything he does.

Senna was acclaimed as being the best ever, yet he was never against a bit of contact !

Racing involves overtaking (rarely nowadays) and contact is a part of it. Schuey is no better or worse than anybody else.
Old 14 May 2001, 11:16 AM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I thought JPM was just trying his hardest not to lose the lead. Okay, so MS was probably ahead into turn 2, but he was on the outside. He's taking a risk that the guy on the inside outbrakes himself. THat's what happenened. After Sao Paolo, MS can't have expected JPM to yield that easily. It was a racing incident pure and simple. That kind of thing is always happening down the field, and nobody says a word. Schumacher is very hypocritical to say anything about it(Suzuka....) JPM almost had it controlled - he was on the edge, which is nice to see. I wish Raikonen had been able to put up more resistance - Sauber, Ferrari engine, rumours of Ferrari interest....
Old 14 May 2001, 11:25 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Adam M:
<B>
Whereas schumacher was always great regardless of car.
[/quote]

Not in the '96 Ferrari he wasn't.

Got lapped by front runners in early races that year.

I'd agree generally, he is a class act though. Just has a bit of a selective memory sometimes when it comes to blame.

D

Old 14 May 2001, 12:07 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

I had a lot of respect for JPM until today. What a complete arsehole. Cost Schumacher the race. I'll brake so late into a corner that I go 20 yards into the gravel. OK so Schuey took Hill off, but I remember that Hill took Schuey off at least twice if not 3 times.
Mclaren say they run an equal team!!!!!!!!!!Bollocks!!!!!!!!!! Mika is always number 1 although it may change this year.
About time DC had a couple of DNFs. I bet if he fell in horse **** he would still end up smeling of roses.
The biggest threat to DC ( I hate him, in case you hadn't guessed ) is not Ferrari and MS but Ron Dennis who always sees him as the Scotish No.2 to the golden boy Mika.
Ron said he wouldn't have made the same call as Ferrari on the last lap, Yeah right and Minardi will win a GP this year.

Or is this just the beer talking????????????

Jon
Old 14 May 2001, 12:07 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Dave

get in ScoobyChat NOW !!
Old 14 May 2001, 02:12 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Diablo:
<B>
Just the beer talking methinks

Looked to me that neither MS or JPM were going to make that corner. A view shared by Alex Wurtz (who certainly is more qualified to comment than anyone on here).

D

Adelaide 1994 - Schumaker crashes into Hill to win the world championship

Jerez 1997 - Schumaker crashes into Villeneuve to try and win the world championship (but fails)

Not to mention how many other occasions.

So lets not moan about JPM costing MS the race. Michael should have had more sense than to try and overtake round the outside of the hairpin when he could (or should) have braked sooner and let Montoya take himself off, thus getting past.

Only person who cost MS that race was MS

D [/quote]

You mean Alex 'on the Ferrari-hating McLaren' Wutz? No too biased then

Schuie had an appalling 'incident' uptil 4 years ago, and got massively slated because of it. There have been no such incidents in the last 4 years.

'More sense than overtaking on the outside' - do you like processional races? It wasn't the overtaking on the outside that put him off, it was JPM driving (not out-braking as his wheels weren't locked ) into the gravel to stop MS making the corner. He knew exactly what he was doing he only drove into the gravel because Schuie was on his outside, and doing so would take him of as well.

Great driver, but as dirty as Schumacher was 5 years ago

Old 14 May 2001, 02:13 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

double post

[This message has been edited by GaryC (edited 14 May 2001).]
Old 14 May 2001, 02:34 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>It wasn't the overtaking on the outside that put him off, it was JPM driving (not out-braking as his wheels weren't locked ) into the gravel to stop MS making the corner. He knew exactly what he was doing he only drove into the gravel because Schuie was on his outside, and doing so would take him of as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont agree at all.

JPM did lock his brakes, his rear brakes. That unsettled the car substancially and by the time he had it all under control he had no option but to drive through the gravel. F1 cars have bugger all lock available, he could not have done anything other than go through the gravel.

As to shuey, he put himself in a vulnerable position and paid the price. It was a racing incident caused by a driver doing his best to stay in the lead of the race and doing a great job of defensive driving. He needed to keep that place just 2 more laps and his tyres would have been working OK again. The michelins went off after 10 laps and then they come back after 5 laps of being grained. Everyone knew this, shuey included, thats why he was desperate to pass when he tried his move.

Thank god for someone who actually knows how to race, it's great to watch. Shueys *** is twitching because he knows there is a new kid in town who is going to match him!
Old 14 May 2001, 03:37 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

juan pablo out braked shumi?

te he??? are u kidding yourself today?

thats not very likely, he left his braking much later than he was able to stop by and thus went flying off the track FORTUNATLY not collecting schumy at the same time.

rw
Old 14 May 2001, 05:30 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by GaryC:
<B>
'More sense than overtaking on the outside' - do you like processional races
[/quote]

Not at all, and its great to see "racing" again.

What I was getting at was that Schumaker could (and should) have let Montoya have his own incident. He could have pulled a dummy and braked a little earlier than he did, getting past on the exit.

It was another example of Michael's red mist that appears from time to time when someone dares to challenge his "superiority" that clouded his judgement here, I believe.

I've gotta laugh. MS is, I'm afraid, not God and does make mistakes from time to time *LOL*

D
Old 14 May 2001, 06:27 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

&gt;&gt;Not at all, and its great to see "racing" again.

I was on the edge of my seat (normally fall asleep after 20 minutes). Until ... those last 100 meters when Barichello had to let MS go past.

I was just gonna shout to my wife "this was the best race this season" until I saw this. I felt so stupid

Am I being naive ?

Theo
Old 15 May 2001, 07:59 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Are there any betting shops giving odds for DC to not win the champ,he's no chance, still we will soon have to listen to how its goona be next year when he's more motivated and still learning as a driver.How much more can he learn. I agree schuey from (worces) he's about as interesting as tony "there all my mates jardine". Still havent forgot about spa Telem showed 50% throttle on racing line BUMB ****. JPM is good but i also lost a lot of respect as he was more interested in his reputation against schu than the race
Old 15 May 2001, 09:04 PM
davefromevonet
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> Shueys *** is twitching because he knows there is a new kid in town who is going to match him![/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree!!

Schuey is sh1tting himself at the mo and all credit to JPM for trying to stay out front,........move over my ****!!

sorry Doc,missed the chat,will get there next time!!

Quick Reply: Juan Pablo Montoya Posting on EVO Forum!!!