Sponsored by:

Clives Prestige Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2016, 06:21 PM
Badboy64
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clives Prestige Cars?

I see the above have what looks like a very nice 2008 white fully forged hatch running 450bhp. Does anyone know this car? Wouldn't mind some thoughts/views before I consider making a 200 mile trip to view it. Thanks.
Old 28 May 2016, 06:22 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cowboys avoid at all cost numerous threads about them.
Old 28 May 2016, 06:41 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
It's been a while since you have made a sensible or helpful comment but....well said,Cowboys are Clives Prestige performance.
Old 28 May 2016, 07:19 PM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steer well clear
Old 28 May 2016, 07:28 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Cheshire performance
Cheshire prestige
Clive's performance cars
C performance
Clive's Prestige cars

ETC ETC ETC ETC. Same company but have changed their name countless times over the years, presumably to avoid whatever legal action has been thrown at them by disgruntled customers.

Type them into Google and see what comes up. As everyone has already said, steer clear no matter how nice the car looks (seems).
Old 28 May 2016, 07:43 PM
Badboy64
Scooby Newbie

Cheers all. That's a shame as the car looks really good and ticks all the boxes for me re looks and what's been done to it; mileage is good too with FSH. Guess all is not what it seems then! Think I'll look to achieve something similar with my own hatch thinking about getting to the same power etc.
Old 28 May 2016, 08:05 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks well in pics and sounds to have a good spec. Go take a look and see or get someone local to check it out. At the end of the day their cars are bought off private individuals / forums etc so cant all be bad!
Someone bought a Type-R off them a few Months ago and got it at a good price so both buyer and seller were happy.
Old 29 May 2016, 08:51 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

I sold my crystal grey blob to cheshire performance a while back.they gave me more then i paid for it.i asked the guy why they had such a bad reputation etc.didnt realky get a straight answer but apparently the md has sacked a few people and is trying to build the reputation back up.my blob was in very good condition and needed nothing.go have a look and make your own mind up!
Old 29 May 2016, 08:58 AM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Sold my blob sti to them too a few years back so agree with all previous comments, they will have some good stock and the person I dealt with who bought the car was professional and made immediate payment,
Go take a look, nothing to lose
Old 29 May 2016, 09:02 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt12
Sold my blob sti to them too a few years back so agree with all previous comments, they will have some good stock and the person I dealt with who bought the car was professional and made immediate payment,
Go take a look, nothing to lose
Agreed.a 30 second phone call and the money was in my bank.very easy transaction.
Old 29 May 2016, 09:17 AM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

He drove upto my work with his wife and son tried to knock money but ended up paying my price
Old 29 May 2016, 09:18 AM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

He sold my car in three days but dont know what happened to it as it doesnt show insured on the data base
Old 29 May 2016, 10:56 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I do agree that even the dodgy dealers will always have good cars amongst all the lemons they sell.
It's even possible that these dodgy dealers who have been selling for many years,constantly changing names and built up a terrible reputation can change their ways.
A 400 mile round trip isn't even a long way to go for the right car,but any problems/many problems would mean taking that journey more than once to sort any potential problems.

A lot of the negative comments come from people,including myself,who have never dealt with traders like this but on reading other people's bad experiences.

At the end of the day it's your money and you can only go on how you feel.
Would I risk it? No
Have others risked it and bought a gem? Yes
Old 29 May 2016, 11:08 AM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problems start if there is something wrong with the car.
Old 29 May 2016, 11:36 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peedee
Cheshire performance
Cheshire prestige
Clive's performance cars
C performance
Clive's Prestige cars

ETC ETC ETC ETC. Same company but have changed their name countless times over the years, presumably to avoid whatever legal action has been thrown at them by disgruntled customers.

Type them into Google and see what comes up. As everyone has already said, steer clear no matter how nice the car looks (seems).
Why don't the law look at this and do something to prevent such things from happening.
Old 29 May 2016, 11:44 AM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Car traders buy cars - some good, some not so - and then add on a grand or two, which means buyers will have to pay, say, £12k for the exact same car they could've bought privately for maybe £10k had the trader not beaten them to it. Some buyers are prepared to pay the extra because they believe the trader would have sorted out any issues with the car prior to re-advertising it, plus the car will come with a warranty, so they perceive buying from a trader as less risky than buying privately.

Unfortunately, many car traders aren't very honourable people and won't sort out any issues prior to sale and won't honour the warranty. In fact, some will buy rubbish cars with known problems, therefore buy them cheap, and then deliberately try to mask the issues, or just wait for some gullible sucker to come along who isn't au fait with the basics of car buying. From many reports, Cheshire Performance is a dealer that falls into this category, although there are many others out there.

I have bought from a dealer in the past and I might do so again one day in the future, but only from a dealer I felt had integrity. Otherwise, the huge price premium comes with no benefits.
Old 29 May 2016, 11:52 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Why don't the law look at this and do something to prevent such things from happening.
Company's can close down,write off their debt,change director and company name,then open back up and trade as if nothing has happened with a fresh start,is so wrong but as the saying goes 'The law is an ***'
Sad but true!
Old 29 May 2016, 11:52 AM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
The justice system in this country is a joke. The law couldn't care less about rogue traders. I was the victim of a scum dealer many years ago. It transpired the dealer, amongst other illicit acts, was selling clocked cars and had numerous pending court cases against him, but was waving two fingers at the law because he knew the system and knew it protected him, not the victims. The police/trading standards/courts/bailiffs couldn't have been more useless and ineffective.

It made me realise why some people take the law into their own hands and are more than justified to do so.

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 29 May 2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 29 May 2016, 12:09 PM
Badboy64
Scooby Newbie

Okay, thanks all for the feedback; much appreciated. Like you say, I would need to weigh up the risk which based on the car I already have (which to be honest, I love), I'm not prepared to do. I am therefore, going to be looking to fully forge my car currently 40,000 miles running PPP without any issues although a compression test last year showed no. 4 at 135 against the highest no.1 at 150 so borderline I guess. Would like a safe 400bhp (with a good sounding exhaust if not to keep the Prodrive I already have but not too loud!) so would be grateful for thoughts on who to go to bearing in mind I'm in Southampton please. Cheers.
Old 29 May 2016, 01:17 PM
bigh221
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Badboy64
Okay, thanks all for the feedback; much appreciated. Like you say, I would need to weigh up the risk which based on the car I already have (which to be honest, I love), I'm not prepared to do. I am therefore, going to be looking to fully forge my car currently 40,000 miles running PPP without any issues although a compression test last year showed no. 4 at 135 against the highest no.1 at 150 so borderline I guess. Would like a safe 400bhp (with a good sounding exhaust if not to keep the Prodrive I already have but not too loud!) so would be grateful for thoughts on who to go to bearing in mind I'm in Southampton please. Cheers.
Subaru4u in Newbury
Triton Motorsport in Bournemouth
Engine tuner in Plymouth

I'm in Gosport and have used the top 2 for servicing and MOD's, top garages 👍
Old 29 May 2016, 08:16 PM
fatboy_coach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigh221
Subaru4u in Newbury
Rebuilt my hatch last year, 371/411 with the standard turbo, decat (H&S) and CAI (Mishimoto)
Old 31 May 2016, 04:42 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
Absolutely second Thomas on that one - stay well away