ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Good Service report. Turbo Reconditioning Ltd

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2016, 03:32 PM
PaulZero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Service report. Turbo Reconditioning Ltd

Hi guys, i thought i would report on some great service from the above company. I hasten to add i am not in any way associated with them i am just a punter.

I sent my turbo from my project car to them for a rebuild, i knew nothing about it and it seemed to be a hybrid of some kind. From the start the communications were great and he took time to explain to me exactly what i had and the best way to fix it.
In the end i had a new housing,bearings,seals and shaft. Due to the natures of the uprated shaft size they had to machine certain parts to get it all fixed right and then balanced it.

Its the little things that count like sand blasting the housing and the new clip. All this service came to £300 and with a 2 year warranty it was money well spent. They have exchange TD04 ready to go and can work on any make or type.

Call them on Mobile: 07595 494418 or Tel: 01484 538203
http://www.turbos.direct/

Praise when its due.
Old 29 April 2016, 04:52 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Sounds a reasonable price. A new housing and rebuild kit is around £120 and takes about 30mins to strip and rebuild. Sounds like is may have a bigger compressor and they had to machine the CHRA. I would have looked to have had the exhaust housing ceramic coated before refitting. Otherwise, looks like a good job. Will be interested to see what power it makes.