Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Litchfield LM Twinscroll EFR "drop in" turbo

Just seen this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/LitchfieldMotors/

We do like our world firsts!

We were the first to develop the BorgWarner EFR range for use in the Nissan GTR with amazing results and now we are this first to produce a bolt on Subaru fitment.

Thanks to our friends at Turbo Dynamics we now have a special EFR core installed into own Twinscroll turbine housing. Testing will begin soon on our Spec C GP Edition.

‪#‎borgwarner‬ ‪#‎efrturbo‬ ‪#‎lmseries‬ ‪#‎leaddontfollow‬ ‪#‎adrenalineengineered‬

Pictures of the turbo are on their FB page.

Could be interesting to see how this performs on a twinscroll set-up!
Old 01 April 2016, 05:25 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What would be the benefits of the EFR core over a standard twinscroll unit as used in the (Hawk) Spec C?
Old 01 April 2016, 09:47 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Better response & spool I'd imagine. The borg warner EFR are pretty nice pieces of engineering.
Old 01 April 2016, 11:34 PM
Turbovin
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Will it be better than the LM400-450-500 and are these discontinued then? Any idea of pricing?
Old 02 April 2016, 01:17 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes perhaps worth testing on my T25

I'm running a MDXLM500-L70 at the moment not sure if any advantage !!

Tony
Old 24 April 2016, 08:54 PM
MiSTI
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates ?
An EFR7163 version would be very nice
Old 24 April 2016, 10:02 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

I thought Litchfield were not interested in Subaru tuning anymore?!

At least thats what they said to me at the beginning of this year!
Old 25 April 2016, 12:37 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaun
Just seen this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/LitchfieldMotors/

We do like our world firsts!

We were the first to develop the BorgWarner EFR range for use in the Nissan GTR with amazing results and now we are this first to produce a bolt on Subaru fitment.

Thanks to our friends at Turbo Dynamics we now have a special EFR core installed into own Twinscroll turbine housing. Testing will begin soon on our Spec C GP Edition.

‪#‎borgwarner‬ ‪#‎efrturbo‬ ‪#‎lmseries‬ ‪#‎leaddontfollow‬ ‪#‎adrenalineengineered‬

Pictures of the turbo are on their FB page.

Could be interesting to see how this performs on a twinscroll set-up!
Umm might just be perfect for the R205!
Old 25 April 2016, 07:47 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

I emailed them about the Lm450 and messaged them on Facebook aswell. Nothing a few weeks later I ordered through chevron. Their customer service is apalling
Old 25 April 2016, 08:08 AM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
I emailed them about the Lm450 and messaged them on Facebook aswell. Nothing a few weeks later I ordered through chevron. Their customer service is apalling
I had phoned them for some info on my t20, would not tell me anything, were completly un interested they have moved on to skylines so unless your calling up to part with 30k for work on a skyline then they wont entertain us with our cheap wee subarus
Old 25 April 2016, 08:24 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

They're not the only ones I emailed godspeed 3 times about ap front and rear brakes no reply no biggie ordered from sump. Some folk need get their house in order big time
Old 25 April 2016, 09:10 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Probably will be a good setup but still think its going to be compromise compared to the original BW exhaust housing, more than happy with how my efr7670 TS goes though
Old 25 April 2016, 09:43 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

They're not the only ones I emailed godspeed 3 times about ap front and rear brakes no reply no biggie ordered from sump. Some folk need get their house in order big time
You should have spoken to alyn at AS performance then as his customer service and advice is second to none, absolutely first class.

He made my bespoke Alcon setup using race calipers. Very impressive setup in my opinion
Old 25 April 2016, 11:48 AM
Jackals
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DoZZa
I thought Litchfield were not interested in Subaru tuning anymore?!

At least thats what they said to me at the beginning of this year!
Exactly what they said to me - couldn't even be bothered to sell me the turbo and injectors...it would have been an easy couple of thousand £ for them to just send to me too
Old 25 April 2016, 05:49 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jackals
Exactly what they said to me - couldn't even be bothered to sell me the turbo and injectors...it would have been an easy couple of thousand £ for them to just send to me too
To be honest, their attitude wound me up the last time I spoke to them. It appears that if your not driving and exotic sports car or a GTR, they simple are not interested in talking to you!

I think they need to remember where their roots came from!!!

I purchased a hawk spec c from them a few years ago, was no issues dealing with them back then, but seems they have had an attitude adjustment more recently.

I wouldn't waste my time with them going forward. A shame considering what they did for Subaru over the years!!
Old 25 April 2016, 07:49 PM
Jackals
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DoZZa
To be honest, their attitude wound me up the last time I spoke to them. It appears that if your not driving and exotic sports car or a GTR, they simple are not interested in talking to you!

I think they need to remember where their roots came from!!!

I purchased a hawk spec c from them a few years ago, was no issues dealing with them back then, but seems they have had an attitude adjustment more recently.

I wouldn't waste my time with them going forward. A shame considering what they did for Subaru over the years!!
I completely agree - I was after an LM400 and 850 injectors at the time and was told they were only dealing with GTR's and simply pointed me towards RCM

I knew what I wanted, they had stock but was too much hassle to put it in the post and pocket the money so I went to RCM (who was grateful to take my business)

I wouldn't deal with them out of principle now...
Old 26 April 2016, 01:08 PM
scoobyraj
Scooby Regular

Agree. Pretty poor service. Used to have my T25 serviced there then all of a sudden 'we aren't able to service subaru anymore!'
Even more disappointed in them seeing as they developed the car! Pretty poor. Not impressed.
Old 26 April 2016, 01:18 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

See them on the way down
Old 26 April 2016, 01:18 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

What goes up must come down....
Old 26 April 2016, 09:36 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

They've "moved on" from Subaru's in reality (compared to where they used to be), that's down to them though.

I'm not sure they're on their way down. When I spoke to Ian a month ago, he said they had around 40 GTR's on-site ready for work.

I suspect it might be disappointing for some of us, but in business you base your attention on the marques that provide you a sustainable and growing business model. Whether we like it or not, it's the Subaru marque that is a dying business.
Old 26 April 2016, 10:40 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Litchfield's service its dreadful I have sent multiple messages by email and facebook for from just advice to buying parts and them remapping the car for me.

No once have they replied! The icing on the cake was when I rang up and asked if they could send me a new T20 badge stating I'd pay for it and their answer was!

I can't do that sorry unless your buying something like a full suspension kit so basically saying we wont get you one!! Then was told to ring back later to maybe speak to the manager, sorry but stick it where the sun don't shine!!

Last edited by gregwill; 26 April 2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 26 April 2016, 11:12 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

They've "moved on" from Subaru's in reality (compared to where they used to be), that's down to them though.

I'm not sure they're on their way down. When I spoke to Ian a month ago, he said they had around 40 GTR's on-site ready for work.

I suspect it might be disappointing for some of us, but in business you base your attention on the marques that provide you a sustainable and growing business model. Whether we like it or

not, it's the Subaru marque that is a dying business.

I normally respect your opinion shaun buy the above is nonsense. bad business turning away customers ignoring others squandering thousands and pissin people off not cool

Last edited by RAGGY DOO; 26 April 2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 27 April 2016, 12:40 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm sorry but I actuaally like Iain. He has always done me proud. I probably would like him to sort out my ford RS2.3 �� If the occurs because handling is ****. IMHO

But absolutely understand were everybody else above is coming from ��

I just hate ***** teasers. Don't get my juices flowing then say it's not available for you "marque"

INHO.
Old 27 April 2016, 12:40 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

You could've picked up the phone and called him (I know it's a bit oldy worldy but sometimes it's the best way). I've dealt with Godspeed a few times now and never had a problem with customer service, Ian was more than happy to talk through all the various options and help me decide which was the best option for what I needed.
Old 27 April 2016, 01:05 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Why should I? Bad customer service I'll give my money to someone that wants it
Old 27 April 2016, 09:32 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I normally respect your opinion shaun buy the above is nonsense. bad business turning away customers ignoring others squandering thousands and pissin people off not cool
It's not nonsense... it's just that you don't agree with me mate, which is absolutely fine.

Yes their communication is not the best at times, sometimes it's dire. I agree they need to try and rectify that. I know Iain personally and still have problems getting hold of him. I've ripped him a new **** on many occasion! However, the service I do get is always 100% when I get it. To me it's worth the perseverance. I accept this may not be for some.

Their core business is the GTR marque. So that is where they focus their limited time and resource. They have around 13 staff now and they've just (literally) doubled the size of their premise to cope with the business growth.

Fair enough if you called them and they told you to F off, but I'm not sure that's what we're on about here.

They must be doing something right as they've continued to expand, exponentially over recent years...... and they're always rammed. I know, I have to book up well in advance! lol

Iain is a straight up and unassuming guy. Very knowledgeable and above all..... a car/performance/tuning nut.

If they didn't deliver the goods, the GTR boys (they make you lot look like Sunday School attendees lol) would have ripped them a new **** several times over!

There is no excuse for poor communication..... that is one of their weaknesses for sure.
Old 28 April 2016, 12:18 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Why should I? Bad customer service I'll give my money to someone that wants it
Wow, just wow.
Old 25 May 2016, 08:26 PM
stylebully
Scooby Newbie

you have news' sent a message to them but no answer
Old 27 May 2016, 03:58 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect it might be disappointing for some of us, but in business you base your attention on the marques that provide you a sustainable and growing business model. Whether we like it or not, it's the Subaru marque that is a dying business.
I agree with Shaun and I am sure anyone with a business will also agree. He's obviously realised those with GTR, M3, RS6 money are more likely to part with their cash than us Subaru folk. Can't knock the guy Ian Litchfield has always been "on the ball" so to speak fair play to the guy.
Old 21 June 2016, 10:39 AM
MiSTI
Scooby Newbie

Any updates ?

Quick Reply: Litchfield LM Twinscroll EFR "drop in" turbo