ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I miss my Impreza!

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2016, 11:55 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss my Impreza!

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 16 April 2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 25 January 2016, 12:05 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Get a spec C RA,I'm sure you're mates will change their mind when they've been in that
Old 25 January 2016, 07:36 AM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Scooby drug at it's finest.
Old 25 January 2016, 08:05 AM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

If you miss the sound (I'm assuming you mean the burble), then you won't get it if you buy a spec C or a JDM model. Buy a nice UK widetrack blob or hawk.
Old 25 January 2016, 08:34 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not on quite the same level as a TTRS but I used to like Mercs when they made good ones and I had a Lexus is 200, all very good at what they do but not really very engaging to drive, which is kind of the point, never driven a TT but always liked them, I was very tempted by the 3.2 many years ago, but as with every time I have contemplated putting over £20k into a car I just couldn't bring myself to do it

I think if you have the itch then you should scratch it, you're only here once and life really is very short, and it's definitely too short to spend any of it worrying about what other people think.

Type R is certainly engaging to drive, just be aware that it's a totally different animal to your WRX and I suggest you have a good long drive in one and then a very hard think before you commit, I love mine but having it as your only form of transport can be challenging at times, which is actually the good thing about a WRX, it's an all things to all men kind of car and is fantastic as an all-rounder.

I wouldn't go for a Spec C unless you plan on using quite a bit on track, with the money you have to spend I'd be looking at a JDM hatch, best of all worlds.
Old 25 January 2016, 11:20 AM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had WRX Blob PPP & thoroughly enjoyed the car however I needed to scratch an itch regarding the STI Type R which I managed to purchase 18 months ago and is my daily drive.

If you opt for a Type R you have to accept the cars are ageing and certain parts are not available that may perish due to non-production or you just can't get hold of them for example rear quarter panel seals.

If & when the Type R goes I will probably look at the Spec C.
Old 25 January 2016, 11:26 AM
MATT93
Scooby Regular

05 Widetrack STI would be my weapon of choice, would be a lot more fun than your old WRX too.

Get that TT sold!
Old 25 January 2016, 11:31 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Harrington
I had WRX Blob PPP & thoroughly enjoyed the car however I needed to scratch an itch regarding the STI Type R which I managed to purchase 18 months ago and is my daily drive.

If you opt for a Type R you have to accept the cars are ageing and certain parts are not available that may perish due to non-production or you just can't get hold of them for example rear quarter panel seals.

If & when the Type R goes I will probably look at the Spec C.
I've just sold my impreza still and I'm already looking for a type r. I must need sectioning!
So far I've looked at an a5 3.0 tdi. Goes like stink, has every conceivable extra and is comfy. I've also looked at a 14 plate ford. Again quick, comfortable and cheap road tax but I just know a few Month's down the line I will be looking for something more exciting.
Old 25 January 2016, 11:33 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I always go back to my Scooby, You could have the best of both worlds, daily driver cheap relaxing car then your Impreza for weekend fun.

Thats what i do, but Newage is more liveable than the classic, sometimes when i use to drive my classic everyday it use to trier me out on long drivers, was difficult to just sit back and relax as i always feel alert in classic.
Old 25 January 2016, 11:43 AM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
I always go back to my Scooby, You could have the best of both worlds, daily driver cheap relaxing car then your Impreza for weekend fun.

Thats what i do, but Newage is more liveable than the classic, sometimes when i use to drive my classic everyday it use to trier me out on long drivers, was difficult to just sit back and relax as i always feel alert in classic.
I spoken to other drivers who say they prefer the Newage version to the Classic for ease of access, comfort or liveability but I don't have a preference really and find them equally comfortable.
Old 25 January 2016, 12:03 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I find the Newage is abit more refined, so might be better as a daily driver. But if its a weekend driver only then classic all the way for me.
Old 25 January 2016, 12:34 PM
big_rob_sydney
Scooby Regular

You've got bigger problems.

Your "friends and colleagues" are hypocrites, who seem all too happy to lie to your face.

1. Get new "friends and colleagues"
2. Get new car

And most importantly, in that order.
Old 25 January 2016, 09:23 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 16 April 2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 25 January 2016, 09:44 PM
StueyBII
Scooby Regular

Why not just buy one then I admit it ain’t the fastest and it costs an arm and a leg (well I think I bought one that needed a bit more doing to it than I expected) but I love it and I just couldn't imagine myself in an Audi or a Seat or a BMW. They all miss the "rawness" of it all.

Oh and the fuel costs would cripple Donald Trump but you just have to love them!
Old 25 January 2016, 09:55 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Old 25 January 2016, 10:03 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Old 25 January 2016, 10:10 PM
stevemort
Scooby Regular

i got a decent spec P1 which is very very clean, i have had it 5 years and i am contemplating selling that for a M3 V8 but i am bloody nervous about doin it
Old 26 January 2016, 03:19 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Weird all my mates love my Impreza, what did your old one look like? Even had a friend of family's who is in her 60's say she likes the sound of my Impreza on tick over. Only ever had 1 negative comment from a friend who asked why i had a coffee table on my boot lid.
Old 26 January 2016, 03:28 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hohoho, golf in a frock

I was right
Old 26 January 2016, 04:03 AM
Lillyart14
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi

This so much. I'm onto my third Impreza in a little over a year and they've all been classics: Imported WRX, and two T2000's. Mine at the moment is my daily and I'm covering close to 2'000 miles a month and believe me, there's times I'd like to sit back in a leather chair and relax for the motorway slog.

I've been thinking about maybe getting something like an RS4 or an M3 for the daily and keeping the classic to weekend blasts and trackdays (which is the plan anyway). If I was to stay with Subaru, than a newage would be on the list as you've mentioned above. The Classic, in any guise, is a 'point and squirt' machine IMHO. Never can relax in one.
Old 26 January 2016, 05:57 PM
big_rob_sydney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy
Are you related to Trinity by any chance? That's the kind of nonsensical gibberish he would come out with. How exactly are my friends hypocrites, and when did they "lie to my face"? They never told me they liked my Impreza when I owned it, but then once I'd sold it, they admitted it wasn't their cups of tea. I think you need to Google the meaning of the word lie.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I made it clear in my OP that I couldn't give a cr@p what anybody thinks. In fact, I think I said the fact everybody prefers my TT makes me want to get an Impreza all the more. If I sell up and buy another Impreza, it's because (as the title of the thread says) "I MISS MY IMPREZA".
Its pretty simple really; they waited till you sold before telling you. That's a lie of omission. "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"? Clearly not.

And if you don't give a crap what other people think, why bother posting this? Further, you say the ideas of other people liking your TT make you want to buy the impreza?

Again, how is that not giving a crap what other people think, when they are making you lean one way or another. I haven't seen this kind delusion in a long time.

But hey, you want to play semantics, go right ahead.

Seems like you deserve the friends you've got.

Carry on.
Old 27 January 2016, 06:43 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 16 April 2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 27 January 2016, 06:52 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

I had 2 wrx's on the bounce then decided to go with something a little more refined

I chose a SpecD
Old 27 January 2016, 07:00 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 16 April 2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 27 January 2016, 07:02 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve001
I had 2 wrx's on the bounce then decided to go with something a little more refined

I chose a SpecD

Nowt wrong with that!
Old 28 January 2016, 09:09 AM
MATT93
Scooby Regular

Just reading through to see if there's been any updates.

It appears things have escalated quite quickly lol
Old 28 January 2016, 10:36 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

With my classic i feel like the accelerator is encouraging me to press it, as you rest your foot on it you can feel the turbo wanting to spool up lol

But you have the right idea, nice classic's are going up in price all the time, so i'd do it sooner rather than later. If you have a garage even better.

Originally Posted by Lillyart14
This so much. I'm onto my third Impreza in a little over a year and they've all been classics: Imported WRX, and two T2000's. Mine at the moment is my daily and I'm covering close to 2'000 miles a month and believe me, there's times I'd like to sit back in a leather chair and relax for the motorway slog.

I've been thinking about maybe getting something like an RS4 or an M3 for the daily and keeping the classic to weekend blasts and trackdays (which is the plan anyway). If I was to stay with Subaru, than a newage would be on the list as you've mentioned above. The Classic, in any guise, is a 'point and squirt' machine IMHO. Never can relax in one.
Old 28 January 2016, 10:57 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unfortunately it seems to be one of the things you have to put up with on the internet, people not actually interested in having a discussion about the subject matter, it appears they latch on to someone in particular and then they just sit behind their computer following them around spouting bile and making snide remarks all the time.

I can only think they do this because they either have been or are currently down trodden, so feel the need to pass it on to others and glean some perverse form of gratification from it.

I've decided that I should take it as a compliment as in my mind it's a form of stalking, and I suppose they do it to people they have some form of admiration for, otherwise why would they become so obsessed with a faceless character on the internet.

I find it rather strange that a person would do something like that and can only think they have some mental issues.
Old 28 January 2016, 11:08 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

If you miss it just get another one dude, Imprezas are drug that no other car can replicate. Yes there is more refined, faster, more capable cars but once you bond with an impreza nothing will give you that buzz.

If it was me for a daily driver it would be a JDM newage with decat and a remap, would be perfect and pretty capable.
Old 28 January 2016, 09:52 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 16 April 2016 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: I miss my Impreza!