Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a car from intermoto in last 3-5mths????

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2001, 03:00 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is my final post regarding this issue:

It started with A/C Problem - see last thread.

Question is - Who covers warranty on my car R reg, over 3 yrs old,bought from Subaru Dealer that has now ceased trading. They would have surly paid mondial assistace (who do subaru assistance) as i was told i also had this as well.
Jaguar house say they will do servicing but not warranty on subarus, and the warranty lies with subaru.
Mondial Assistace have no record of me so i don't have subaru assistance.
Subaru UK don't want to know as the car is over 3 years old, even though intermoto was a franchised dealer, so surley they should take some of the blame!!! To**ers!!

Final thoughts are:
1. Ive been shafted
2. I have a 14grand car with no warranty!
3. I can still speak to all the scumbags who sold me the car and get fobbed off each time by them as they now work at Jaguar house!!!
4. My air con doesn't work!

Any suggestions, does anyone have a car from intermoto and details of their warranty status, eg number to ring or details of who intermoto paid to cover a used car warranty??

Regards....
Old 15 May 2001, 03:59 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Ok, if car is over 3yrs old the manufacturers warranty and Subaru assist has expired.

In this case Intermoto must have bought you a warranty from another warranty company which may or may not include breakdown cover. If so, you should probably have some documents detailing the terms and conditions of the warranty - all standard stuff.

Usually a dealer (don't know about Subaru) would charge you some extra for a comprehensive warranty - did you pay anything?

If you have no documentation etc then you may not have the warranty.

The only other possibility is Intermoto were going to "warranty" the car themselves and fix anything that went wrong out of their own pocket in their own garage - don't think this would be usual though.

Were you definately told your car was warrantied or are you just expecting this.

I got my car from Intermoto before they went bust but it is new and I get it serviced at another dealer in Hertfordshire. I had a problem that Intermoto had to pay for and they were quite good about it - can't remember who I spoke to though. Did the person that actually sold you the car give you a business card or anything? If you could contact him I would hope he could answer your questions.
Old 15 May 2001, 04:59 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Boost II - Spoke to the guy who sold me the car, he says subaru should sort it, but isn't sure cause he had only been there 4 wks b4 they shut - ie fobbing me off.
I was told i have a 12 mth waranty! , i was also told that i had subaru assistance for a year!! - the only company that cover this is Mondial, they don't know anything about me or the car.
Old 15 May 2001, 05:13 PM
SUPERCAR-KILLER
Scooby Regular

Deer hunter,
When i bought my first sti 2 yrs ago iwas sold a warranty in with the price of the car,turned out thet when i tried to claim the warranty hadnt even been registered.(or paid for).
Most dealers sell warranties for about 500 quid 12 months cover but it only covers major parts.
Whats wrong with the air con is it the main unit thats gone?
SK
Old 15 May 2001, 05:25 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Come to the conclusion that its the gas, (unless i am very very unlucky)as it was working when i tested it after buying it 8wks ago only problem is nearest dealer is 50 mile away now!
Not bothered about air con, but as you will tell me an R reg MY97 with full PPP and 17" wheels aint worth £14K privately but may be if you get 12 mth warranty - i said at the time to myself it was worth £1000 etc. So its more for the next 10 mts if anything else goes eg engine!!!
Old 15 May 2001, 08:45 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not been able to get in touch with IM yet about these "dealer warrenties" but from what I've been told by people in similar situations it doesn't look good Since the extra one year warrenty was offered by Intermoto, not their parent company McLean & Appleton or IM. I have looked through the paperwork for my car but suprise suprise I cannot find any details about this warrenty.

Just hope the few remaining official dealerships in the north west don't go the same way!
Old 15 May 2001, 09:43 PM
Big Lee
Scooby Regular

I bought my Terzo from Intermoto & on my reciept it says "Warranty £185" but I don`t have anymore details on it? any ideas?

Trending Topics

Old 15 May 2001, 09:50 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Red face

Anyone fancy a northern meet at jaguar house, we could have a track day on the car park!!

Seriously, if a few of us go down and ask nicely , maybe the manager will sort it out! , since he was the same one that worked in intermoto, and most of the sales guys are there too, likelyhood is that you will see the guy that sold you the cars!!!
Old 15 May 2001, 11:39 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

DeerHunter
I only used the spares/service option. Never rated the sales team, they should be selling double glasing not Jaguars.

Last time I called in I was informed the 01 was the first Impreza to be fitted with 4 pot brakes. When I queried that I was respectfully informed I didn't know what I was talking about.

Nevertheless I'm happy to assist in filling their carpark and showroom on a busy Saturday

I will double check with a reputable dealer before I add further to the "assured warranty" issue.