Sponsored by:

For sale ad written

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2015, 08:19 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Thumbs down For sale ad written

Well, sat down today and wrote out a bloody great for sale advert for my STI V6.

Been saying I won't ever sell the car but unfortunately business finances required and it may be a necessity.

Did chicken out of posting it though

What's putting me off selling is just the lack of decent late classic sti's about. I've had email reminders setup on eBay for years and in the last year or so there has been hardly anything worth even looking at or the same old cars that must be nails.

Really 'sucks' to coin a phrase from our American cousins. I know I'll never be able to replace the car. Sub 70k miles and all the service history from new, old all the MOT's, receipts etc.

I've had it 2 years, prev owner 10 years!

Don't come on here too much lately, seems pretty quiet actually. I get the feeling if I do sell it will be the last classic I'll ever own. I'm so fussy and the with the lack of good cars, I'm sure they'll be loads of money in a few years.
Old 24 November 2015, 09:43 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like you said, there's not many 'good' classics about, and not many for sale. The good ones people know about usually get snapped up.

Is there any way you could keep it?

Maybe sell it to a mate that would look after it and sell it back to you when you can afford it
Old 24 November 2015, 10:53 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BoozyDave
like you said, there's not many 'good' classics about, and not many for sale. The good ones people know about usually get snapped up.

Is there any way you could keep it?

Maybe sell it to a mate that would look after it and sell it back to you when you can afford it
I hope so, I really do. The ad is all written out in 'notes' on my iPhone. Even uploaded pics and got the links all in there too. It's not set in stone, but it's certainly quite likely.

None of my mates are into this type of car. I'm sure most of them think I shouldn't be driving a car like it at my age.
Old 26 November 2015, 09:08 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't worry what your mates or other people think. You're never too old for an Impreza especially to own an Motorsport icon...that being the classic Impreza.
What's the spec on it? You've got me intrigued!