ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My beloved Subaru has gone!

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2015, 01:13 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My beloved Subaru has gone!

On Tuesday evening I saw my Impreza STi drive off down the road - sold after nearly twelve and a half years of ownership from new.
Couple of weeks ago a guy (who had stopped for a chat about the car some time back) knocked on the door and asked if I was thinking about selling the car in the near future! Although I had been thinking about the possibility of moving on in a year or so, I had no real intention of getting rid at this time. He contacted me a few days later with a good offer considering the age of the car and this left me tempted.
Those who know me are aware of the superb condition and level of mods to the car although you never get back the cost of modifying.
The only car within my reach that fills the spec I look for is the new Focus RS (Sadly, I'm not convinced by the latest STi) I placed an order for the RS just in time - it went up a grand that evening!
I'll always have deep respect and love for the Subaru marque, it's given me an amazing time over the last 17 years of Subaru ownership.

JohnD

PS I've now got some bits available eg STi top mount with brackets etc
Old 31 October 2015, 04:01 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice & easy sale. You must have got good money to sell up after all them years. What was the spec & year of your sti? If you don't mind me asking how much is the FRS new? I had a mk1 back in the day but really tempted with the new one especially with 5 doors & 4WD.
Old 31 October 2015, 04:20 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

I really feel your pain; I am moving on after only 5 years so 12 years from new must be hard, despite the new purchase. I`m beginning the process of bringing in a spec c hatch whilst getting everything right on my wagon prior to sale; just been out in it and now I am wavering, and I still have a billet td04 + mods to go on it. Got to make mind up!! Enjoy the RS
Old 31 October 2015, 05:22 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by serpico
Nice & easy sale. You must have got good money to sell up after all them years. What was the spec & year of your sti? If you don't mind me asking how much is the FRS new? I had a mk1 back in the day but really tempted with the new one especially with 5 doors & 4WD.
It was an 03 with only 54k running 420bhp but he really wasn't too fussed about the spec. it was the condition and that it was a black blobeye! He had owned a WR1 in the past.
The Focus in the spec I've gone for, is 31.9k on the road (That would be 32.9k now)

JohnD
Old 31 October 2015, 06:27 PM
G4rfo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnD
It was an 03 with only 54k running 420bhp but he really wasn't too fussed about the spec. it was the condition and that it was a black blobeye! He had owned a WR1 in the past.
The Focus in the spec I've gone for, is 31.9k on the road (That would be 32.9k now)

JohnD
just wondering how much did u sell your scooby for ?
Old 01 November 2015, 04:00 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G4rfo
just wondering how much did u sell your scooby for ?
£10.5k

JohnD
Old 10 December 2015, 09:41 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Sorry to see it go John, I'm sure you'll forget all about it once you jump in the RS though.