ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2015, 07:32 AM
antz84
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhausts

Looking to replace my 2.5 inch system with a 3inch one two exhausts have court my eye the blitz nurspec and the hayward n Scott angled jap one, it's to go on a wrx blob eye,has any one had both they can compare or any reckomendatikns? Or views on them? Also any pics of them fitted ?
Many thanks
Old 12 August 2015, 12:19 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Hi mate. I've had a few exhausts now so have a good idea of how they sound. The blitz sounds great on a scooby as it drives past however living with on my own scooby as a daily driver I would hate it. Don't get me wrong I like the sound but after a long journey your ears will be bleeding. The H&S systems in my opinion are slightly more sophisticated & not as intrusive as the Blitz. If you go 3 inch it's naturally gonna be louder unless you go for a track day friendly cobra system.
It all really boils down to what you prefer. If you want loud go for the the blitz be warned it can drone on the motorway. If you want a nice burble get the H&S or cobra or prodrive. I know H&S do a variety or systems some are louder than others. Miltek systems also sound quite nice but raspy. You can do a YouTube search or meet up with someone local to get an idea of various systems...
I'm currently running a prodrive system which in my opinion is perfect for a daily but then again I am getting on a bit.
Old 12 August 2015, 01:13 PM
Decayes
Scooby Regular

Hey there,

I'm not saying other people are wrong. However I have a blitz 3" system and if I have my windows open, cruising through town at 30mph it sounds nice, agreed quite loud when you hit 40mph in 3rd. If you keep revs below 3k it's actually quite soothing sound. On the motorway when I have my windows closed, I've hit speeds of 120mph and I still don't find it very loud, I'm not saying other people are wrong I'm just giving my opinion. If I open my windows it can be quite drone ish, with windows closed it just sounds quite low, with music on even at a very low volume you really can't hear it on the motorway if I'm honest. If you're anywhere near Cheshire I'd happily let you see/hear it

Just my opinion, no I'm not deaf haha 😄
Old 12 August 2015, 01:17 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Love the Blitz - fantastic sounding exhaust......I had it on my Jap WRX and many people turned their heads. I have had the Ninja and that was a bit quiet and now I have the Japspeed......but given the choice I would have the Blitz again
Old 12 August 2015, 04:49 PM
piehole1983
Scooby Regular

I have a 3" Blitz Nur Spec R on my Classic, pretty loud even with the bung in. I put the bung in for long journeys. Here's a quick clip of when I was playing with ESL launch control:

Old 12 August 2015, 07:51 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nur Spec R on mine, I don't mind it, my neighbours on the other hand.......

Cabin noise, it's very loud!! No rear seats, no carpets probably don't help matters though. It's my daily driver also.
Old 12 August 2015, 09:27 PM
antz84
Scooby Regular

I'm not to fussed about noise and like the loudness lol as is a nice sound, plus car is only my toy justvwonderd what quality was like and if the nurspec is worth the extra money