Clives Performance/Cheshire Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2015, 01:55 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clives Performance/Cheshire Performance

Hi all,

New on here. I am looking for my first Subaru Impreza STI to buy. Been looking for weeks now for the right one such as the right price, milage, cam belt/timing belt has been changed etc.
I was looking on Clives Performance last night and seen a few. But I also saw an old thread today on Clives Performance and Cheshire Performance and the reviews weren't good. What are your thought? Also has any one got any opinions on Hurst Cars in Besforshire and Cheshire Car Sales? Obviously I don't want to get ripped off buying my first Scooby. It's been a childhood dream to have one, literally.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Aiden.

P.S. My budget is £8500 and I'm after a blobeye between 2003-2006 (due to cheaper tax band) preferably WR blue.

Last edited by Aiden04; 10 June 2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10 June 2015, 02:58 PM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aiden04
I was looking on Clives Performance last night and seen a few. But I also saw an old thread today on Clives Performance and Cheshire Performance and the reviews weren't good. What are your thought?
If you've read the thread, you know everyone's thoughts about the Cowboy Performance people.
Old 10 June 2015, 03:06 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lunchmoney
If you've read the thread, you know everyone's thoughts about the Cowboy Performance people.
Nuff said😁 haha! Although nothing was mentioned about Cheshire Car Sales. Are they a legit dealer? Also do you know anything about Hurst Cars in Bedfordshire?
Old 10 June 2015, 03:28 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Cheshire anything is walk away. think they have renamed themselves cheshire prestiege or summit like that. still same dodgy place though
Old 10 June 2015, 03:28 PM
Danb85
Scooby Regular

for that sort of money you could buy a fresh import, or one from members on here that are selling....
Old 10 June 2015, 03:30 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Cheshire anything is walk away. think they have renamed themselves cheshire prestiege or summit like that. still same dodgy place though
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind👍🏻
Old 10 June 2015, 03:32 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Danb85
for that sort of money you could buy a fresh import, or one from members on here that are selling....
I've been constantly looking since joining😊 I've noticed they don't stick around for long though. Keeping my eyes peeled though.

Trending Topics

Old 10 June 2015, 03:43 PM
Newbaru
Scooby Regular

Nuff said😁 haha! Although nothing was mentioned about Cheshire Car Sales. Are they a legit dealer? Also do you know anything about Hurst Cars in Bedfordshire?
Hurst are generally well thought of (although I've never dealt with him)
See thread here:
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1025489-hurst-cars.html

Some of his stock has been on there a little while so may be room for manoeuvre on price I guess. Post any u like the look of here. People are pretty helpful
Old 10 June 2015, 03:57 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Newbaru
Hurst are generally well thought of (although I've never dealt with him)
See thread here:
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1025489-hurst-cars.html

Some of his stock has been on there a little while so may be room for manoeuvre on price I guess. Post any u like the look of here. People are pretty helpful
Thanks for that link! Just had a read through it now and that's answered my question. Seems to be an honest genuine dealer. I'll keep him in mind then.
Yeah if I come across one I like I'll post it and ask for opinions😊
Old 10 June 2015, 04:27 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

What do you all think of this one? Sold by Hurst Cars.
What's your opinion on the condition and the price with them sort of miles at that age?

http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/used-cars/subaru-impreza-2-0-wrx-sti-4dr-bedford-201409227613690

All opinions welcome.
Old 10 June 2015, 04:32 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Hurst cars are great, speak to max
My wife just collected her type R last night
Old 10 June 2015, 04:43 PM
Ryanj1993
Scooby Regular

Again +1 for Hurst
Max is a top guy, very honest and always striving to provide the best cars for his customers, will buy from again in the future.
Old 10 June 2015, 04:55 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Newbaru
His stock has just had a refresh over the last few weeks and in fact over the next few more weeks he is getting 28 new cars

So good time to have a look
Old 10 June 2015, 05:13 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Max is a good guy, dealt with him many times.
His website isn't always up to speed so worth giving him a call, explaining what you're after and see what he says
Old 10 June 2015, 05:16 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your replies and good feedback guys. Much appreciated. My ST sells this weekend so I'll definitely be paying him a visit next weekend.
Old 10 June 2015, 07:41 PM
zayd
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your replies and good feedback guys. Much appreciated. My ST sells this weekend so I'll definitely be paying him a visit next weekend.
Thats a Maltese import mate, as it doesn't have the DCCD. Just wanted you to know this fact before you part with your money.

I had the same type of car and it drove perfectly well. I hear from others that the Helical diff found on the DCCD cars is faster acting, than the old Suretrac version, which is on the car you're looking at.

With hindsight, having sold my Scooby, I'd want the DCCD equipped version if I was in your position. The way you'd know from pictures is that there will be a badge on the rear which will say STI Type UK.
Old 10 June 2015, 08:24 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zayd
Thats a Maltese import mate, as it doesn't have the DCCD. Just wanted you to know this fact before you part with your money.

I had the same type of car and it drove perfectly well. I hear from others that the Helical diff found on the DCCD cars is faster acting, than the old Suretrac version, which is on the car you're looking at.

With hindsight, having sold my Scooby, I'd want the DCCD equipped version if I was in your position. The way you'd know from pictures is that there will be a badge on the rear which will say STI Type UK.
Wow, thanks for that bit of info mate. Really helpful. Maybe that's something I could bring up and see if they'll be any movement in the price.
Old 10 June 2015, 08:41 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Does the DCCD and Widetrack only come on the late 05 models or earlier?

Thanks.

Last edited by Aiden04; 10 June 2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10 June 2015, 09:54 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Does the DCCD and Widetrack only come on the late 05 models or earlier?

Thanks.
jdm earlier, uk 05 onwards
Old 10 June 2015, 09:59 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
jdm earlier, uk 05 onwards
Thank you! Everyone's been really helpfull.
Old 11 June 2015, 09:04 AM
SouthernScooby
Scooby Regular

What do you all think of this one? Sold by Hurst Cars.
What's your opinion on the condition and the price with them sort of miles at that age?

http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/used-cars...01409227613690

All opinions welcome.

Hi Mate,

Purchased that car about 6 weeks ago, didn't realise it was still online. As confirmed above it's a Maltese import and therefore missing the DCCD - this hasn't been an issue for me personally but it's all a matter of opinion.

As far as dealing with Hurst, i had no issues at all. Very knowledgeable, price was fair and the car hasn't missed a beat. Had it serviced last weekend by Subaru 4 You and Len confirmed the cleanliness of the car.

Any questions, let me know.

Last edited by SouthernScooby; 11 June 2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11 June 2015, 09:12 AM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SouthernScooby
Hi Mate,

Purchased that car about 6 weeks ago, didn't realise it was still online. As confirmed above it's a Maltese import and therefore missing the DCCD - this hasn't been an issue for me personally but it's all a matter of opinion.

As far as dealing with Hurst, i had no issues at all. Very knowledgeable, price was fair and the car hasn't missed a beat. Had it serviced last weekend by Subaru 4 You and Len confirmed the cleanliness of the car.

Any questions, let me know.
Aww, gutted! This is the one I had set my sights on. I hope you enjoy it as much as I would have😊 would you say his website is quite out of date then? By any chance when you were there did you see anything of the same sort? Similar price, milage, age etc etc.
Old 11 June 2015, 09:13 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Just phone up max , that is the best bet and that way he can tell you about the 28 new cars coming in and what might be suitable
Old 11 June 2015, 09:24 AM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Just phone up max , that is the best bet and that way he can tell you about the 28 new cars coming in and what might be suitable
Think I will do that then. Hopefully it won't be too long before he has them in his possession. Thanks👍🏻
Old 11 June 2015, 09:51 AM
SouthernScooby
Scooby Regular

Aww, gutted! This is the one I had set my sights on. I hope you enjoy it as much as I would have😊 would you say his website is quite out of date then? By any chance when you were there did you see anything of the same sort? Similar price, milage, age etc etc.
Sorry mate!

He had about 10-15 other Scoobys in stock at the time (Your eyes will light up when you go into the warehouse!) Couple of similar models, he had a couple of other blobs lines up all valeted ready to be collected. His stock generally doesn't seem to hang around, I phoned at 9pm and was on a train at 7am to go pick it up!

Hard to say whether it's out of date as i can't really remember all the other stock. As mentioned above, he spoke to me in regards to a large quantity of cars coming in shortly.

All the best, i'm sure he'll be able to supply something suitable!
Old 11 June 2015, 09:59 AM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SouthernScooby
Sorry mate!

He had about 10-15 other Scoobys in stock at the time (Your eyes will light up when you go into the warehouse!) Couple of similar models, he had a couple of other blobs lines up all valeted ready to be collected. His stock generally doesn't seem to hang around, I phoned at 9pm and was on a train at 7am to go pick it up!

Hard to say whether it's out of date as i can't really remember all the other stock. As mentioned above, he spoke to me in regards to a large quantity of cars coming in shortly.

All the best, i'm sure he'll be able to supply something suitable!
Can't wait to go next weekend. I'm going to phone him today then. See what he's got and what's due to come in. Thanks again.
Old 11 June 2015, 04:24 PM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

C Performance have so many names now it's almost impossible to know if you're dealing with them or not... they're based in Dukinfield Cheshire/Greater Manchester, so basically avoid any dealer selling multiple Imprezas in that location!
Old 11 June 2015, 04:32 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike74
C Performance have so many names now it's almost impossible to know if you're dealing with them or not... they're based in Dukinfield Cheshire/Greater Manchester, so basically avoid any dealer selling multiple Imprezas in that location!
Yeah I've now noticed on Pistonheads and Autotrader that's there's a few names yet they all seem to be picture in the same place. I think they need to pay more attention to detail in future😒
Old 11 June 2015, 04:46 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

hi Aiden get in tuch with Peter Pan on hear he might have an 03 sti for sale with lots of the right work done to it etc and in your budget.
Old 11 June 2015, 04:55 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gregwill
hi Aiden get in tuch with Peter Pan on hear he might have an 03 sti for sale with lots of the right work done to it etc and in your budget.
I hope Peter Pan is a genuine member haha! I'll try get in touch though. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Clives Performance/Cheshire Performance