Old 24 May 2015, 08:32 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doh - Impreza Legacy Lancer Air Bag Recall

http://www.bitterwallet.com/takata-c...all-2015/85400

Takata recall update – Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi issue recall statement
May 23rd, 2015 • No CommentsBy Bitterwallet News
1465 300x200 Takata recall update Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi issue recall statement

Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi have become the latest car manufacturers to issue a recall statement over issues with Takata airbags. Over 630,000 vehicles produced by the Japanese car giants are affected.

Concerns over the safety of Takata produced airbags have increased over recent months following the recalls of certain Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Daihatsu models. The CEO and chairman of Takata have attempted to reassure owners of those cars affected that their company are working hard to test and replace airbags deemed to be a potential risk.

In a recent statement following the Toyota recall, they said

“Our airbags have deployed safely in more than two million auto accidents around the world since we began producing them in 1987, saving many thousands of lives. In 2014 alone, thousands of serious injuries and deaths have been prevented worldwide by Takata airbags.”

Read on for a full list of vehicles involved in the current recall. It’s worth noting that the official line is that this is a precautionary recall and all drivers affected should receive a letter from their car manufacturer. You can also check for your specific make and model below.

More on the Toyota recall

Details on the Nissan recall

Honda and Daihatsu recalls

Toyota cars affected in the latest UK recall:

Corolla. Yaris, Picnic and Avensis Verso models built between March 2003 and March 2007 for passenger airbag defects.

RAV4, Yaris and Hilux cars manufactured between July 2003 and December 2005 for driver airbag defects.

Toyota have stated that owners of these vehicles would be contacted within six weeks and told what to do next.

Nissan recall vehicles in the UK:

Navara Pickup, Almera Tino, Patrol, Almera, Terrano II and X-Trail models manufactured between 2004 and 2007

Honda recall vehicles in the UK:

Honda Accord 2001-2007, Honda Civic 2001-2005, Honda Civic Hybrid 2003, Honda CR-V 2002-2006, Honda Element 2003-2011, Honda Odyssey 2002-2004, Honda Pilot 2003-2008, Honda Ridgeline 2006

Daihatsu recall vehicles in the UK:

Mira minicar

Mazda recall vehicles in the UK:

120,000 vehicles recalled including the Atenza sedan, the Bongo van and two models that it builds for Nissan and Mitsubishi in Japan.

Mitsubishi recall vehicles in the UK:

Mitsubishi Lancer 2004-2005, Mitsubishi Raider 2006-2007

Subaru recall vehicles in the UK:

Subaru Baja 2003-2005, Subaru Impreza 2004-2005, Subaru Legacy 2003-2005, Subaru Outback 2003-2005

All makers will carry out the recall without charging customers for parts or labour.

To check if you car is subject to the May 2015 recall, you can take a look on VOSA’s vehicle recall list. Toyota also features a recall section on their website.

Last edited by Trinity; 24 May 2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 24 May 2015, 08:54 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to get my blob sti and navara air bags changed then. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 24 May 2015, 09:48 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Yeah bet that has hit Honda hard though, look at all those, and fairly popular as well, unlike the Impreza
Old 25 May 2015, 07:57 AM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

ignore ... Being a numpty

Last edited by Cpt Jack Sparrow; 25 May 2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 25 May 2015, 08:02 AM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

i can't find any Impreza on the recall list, am I doing something wrong?
Old 25 May 2015, 08:05 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Looks like twoddle to me. There is NO mention of any recall on the VOSA site.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp?tx=
Old 25 May 2015, 09:03 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude
Looks like twoddle to me. There is NO mention of any recall on the VOSA site.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp?tx=
Im not sure it is twoddle, as lots of reports on the Honda Civic recall..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...cord/25016685/

but as the news is quite fresh , maybe VOSA havent gotten it online yet?
Old 25 May 2015, 09:40 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity
Im not sure it is twoddle, as lots of reports on the Honda Civic recall..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...cord/25016685/

but as the news is quite fresh , maybe VOSA havent gotten it online yet?
Yes but that's a Honda Civic. VOSA are usually very good at this sort of thing and news sites get the story from the VOSA site first.
Old 25 May 2015, 09:43 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Yes but that's a Honda Civic. VOSA are usually very good at this sort of thing and news sites get the story from the VOSA site first.
and if you looked, Subaru Imprezas as well

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/20/auto...a-recall-list/

However, currently it does look to be US only, but cany imagine they used different kit on the UK spec cars? so maybe we will see it show up soon
Old 25 May 2015, 10:25 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

There is nothing about it on the VOSA site. ........and yes I did look....Did you?
Old 25 May 2015, 10:46 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

JDM cars not mentioned?
Old 25 May 2015, 11:31 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
JDM cars not mentioned?
Not as yet from what I can see. I am starting to think it is currently a US based issue, however with the new report mentioning VOSA I expect we may see it turn up this week if its going to.
Old 25 May 2015, 11:36 AM
mazbow
Scooby Regular

Not as yet from what I can see. I am starting to think it is currently a US based issue, however with the new report mentioning VOSA I expect we may see it turn up this week if its going to.
So if we contact a subaru dealer they should be able to tell us shouldnt they if it aint up on the vosa site yet?
Old 25 May 2015, 11:38 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mazbow
So if we contact a subaru dealer they should be able to tell us shouldnt they if it aint up on the vosa site yet?
I'd imagine so...although in the past, especially with VW, the dealers have been behind the news on product recalls..especially as it will end up costing them even though the manufacturer will pay for it.

Dosent affect me, but you may as well give it a try
Old 04 June 2015, 10:38 PM
Linus27
Scooby Regular

Saw this today.

http://subaru.co.uk/news/subaru-reca...els-2004-2007/
Old 05 June 2015, 11:36 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder if they will recall the chocolate 2.5 engines as well
Old 05 June 2015, 11:47 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Linus27
Well that will put the nobbers above in their place
Old 05 June 2015, 11:54 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Well that will put the nobbers above in their place

All I said was that it wasn't on the VOSA site...........And it still isn't.
Old 05 June 2015, 12:28 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

All I said was that it wasn't on the VOSA site...........And it still isn't.
Well no, you said it was 'twoddle' as well.

JGive VOSA a call ask them to update
Old 05 June 2015, 01:29 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

It is genuine , excessive inflation process as the module deteriorating through age ...
I wouldn't worry about it guys
Old 05 June 2015, 01:39 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Well no, you said it was 'twoddle' as well.

JGive VOSA a call ask them to update
I have a mate who works there and called him his reply was that 'some' manufacturers are being "evasive" about this particular recall.

He also said that this issue was "the tip of a huge iceberg".
Old 05 June 2015, 06:04 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have just received the following back from Subaru UK:

"Hi Jonathan

I have been informed that there is a very important recall applicable to your vehicle.

Subaru have confirmed that your vehicle will require the passenger airbag changed as part of the world wide recall. Subaru have confirmed that this recall will only apply to Impreza, WRX and STi models manufactured between 2004 & 2007 and your vehicle is one of those included. As this recall is primarily effecting high moisture or humidity countries, supply of the replacement airbags are being directed to those countries first. We are working hard with Fujitsu Heavy Industries (Subaru parent company) to acquire airbags for the UK market as quickly as possible.

As and when a recall is applied to any of our vehicles, we supply VOSA with the chassis numbers and they marry them up to the V5 Registration Document and send the letters to keepers on our behalf. This is because when vehicles are sold as used vehicles we are not always informed of the new keepers details. Once the recall is announced on your vehicle then providing your owners details are correct on the V5 you will receive notification.

Upon investigation by Takata, leaks were found in the SPI inflators of some passenger airbags. Such a leak can increase the potential for moisture to reach the main propellant wafers.

In the case of a crash necessitating the deployment of the passenger airbag, the subject propellant wafers could cause the inflator to rupture with metal fragments potentially striking and injuring vehicle occupants.

I do have to point out that this has only happened a few times around the world and never in the UK or in a Subaru, however Takata have for obvious reasons recalled the airbags that could potentially cause injury.

As this recall does affect your vehicle, can I ask that until further notice you do not carry passengers in the front passenger seat of your car.

I understand this could be of significant inconvenience to you however until such time as the parts are available, it is better to avoid any possible injury that could occur.

Please visit your dealer and they should take your details and order the required airbag. Although not in stock at the moment the order would go onto the back order system, once the airbag becomes available it would be delivered straight to the dealer so he could contact you to get it fitted.

I hope that this information is of use to you. "

And having just spoken with them on the phone, it's going to be massive as it affects every car across all manufacturers fitted with these specific Takata airbags.

Last edited by Jonnys3; 05 June 2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06 June 2015, 06:47 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I have a mate who works there and called him his reply was that 'some' manufacturers are being "evasive" about this particular recall.

He also said that this issue was "the tip of a huge iceberg".
Seriously? worrying stuff...to be honest with all the tech that now goes into new cars, i am not suprised...

Originally Posted by Jonnys3
I have just received the following back from Subaru UK:

"Hi Jonathan

I have been informed that there is a very important recall applicable to your vehicle.

Subaru have confirmed that your vehicle will require the passenger airbag changed as part of the world wide recall. Subaru have confirmed that this recall will only apply to Impreza, WRX and STi models manufactured between 2004 & 2007 and your vehicle is one of those included. As this recall is primarily effecting high moisture or humidity countries, supply of the replacement airbags are being directed to those countries first. We are working hard with Fujitsu Heavy Industries (Subaru parent company) to acquire airbags for the UK market as quickly as possible.

As and when a recall is applied to any of our vehicles, we supply VOSA with the chassis numbers and they marry them up to the V5 Registration Document and send the letters to keepers on our behalf. This is because when vehicles are sold as used vehicles we are not always informed of the new keepers details. Once the recall is announced on your vehicle then providing your owners details are correct on the V5 you will receive notification.

Upon investigation by Takata, leaks were found in the SPI inflators of some passenger airbags. Such a leak can increase the potential for moisture to reach the main propellant wafers.

In the case of a crash necessitating the deployment of the passenger airbag, the subject propellant wafers could cause the inflator to rupture with metal fragments potentially striking and injuring vehicle occupants.

I do have to point out that this has only happened a few times around the world and never in the UK or in a Subaru, however Takata have for obvious reasons recalled the airbags that could potentially cause injury.

As this recall does affect your vehicle, can I ask that until further notice you do not carry passengers in the front passenger seat of your car.

I understand this could be of significant inconvenience to you however until such time as the parts are available, it is better to avoid any possible injury that could occur.

Please visit your dealer and they should take your details and order the required airbag. Although not in stock at the moment the order would go onto the back order system, once the airbag becomes available it would be delivered straight to the dealer so he could contact you to get it fitted.

I hope that this information is of use to you. "

And having just spoken with them on the phone, it's going to be massive as it affects every car across all manufacturers fitted with these specific Takata airbags.
I just saved your missus from a potential airbag faceplant!
Old 06 June 2015, 11:43 AM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

What happen for grey import can't see Subaru uk doing anything to help .If there was a fault with the airbag the airbag light would be on all the time eh????
Old 06 June 2015, 04:15 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DIPSY
What happen for grey import can't see Subaru uk doing anything to help .If there was a fault with the airbag the airbag light would be on all the time eh????
I don't think it has anything to with a 'fault', if you read the press releases.

Yes that light will come on, once its exploded in your passengers face while she eats her ice cream.
Old 06 June 2015, 05:45 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

I don't think it has anything to with a 'fault', if you read the press releases.

Yes that light will come on, once its exploded in your passengers face while she eats her ice cream.

I bought a uk manual can't read Japanese and its says in the manual .When you turn the ignition on its testing the functions of airbags then light goes out surely it will pick up this stuff is degrading and regards passenger they can were a crash helmet and stab proof vest

There a post on nasioc I spotted when googling and it was posted a year ago from today about air bag recall

Last edited by DIPSY; 06 June 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06 June 2015, 06:48 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I bought a uk manual can't read Japanese and its says in the manual .When you turn the ignition on its testing the functions of airbags then light goes out surely it will pick up this stuff is degrading and regards passenger they can were a crash helmet and stab proof vest

There a post on nasioc I spotted when googling and it was posted a year ago from today about air bag recall
I highly doubt it would, i dont know for sure, but I imagine it just tests for electrical resistances, not 'degrading' that would require once special probably not invented sensor.

So its ejector seat ahoy!
Old 07 June 2015, 03:09 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As per my conversation with Subaru UK:

"Upon investigation by Takata, leaks were found in the SPI inflators of some passenger airbags. Such a leak can increase the potential for moisture to reach the main propellant wafers.

In the case of a crash necessitating the deployment of the passenger airbag, the subject propellant wafers could cause the inflator to rupture with metal fragments potentially striking and injuring vehicle occupants."

The recall was originally only for the particularly humid countries such as America, where the moisture is a more common issue. Takata then decided to go global.

As for imports, I think Subaru UK will assist you as this is now a global recall across all cars where manufacturers have installed the affected Takata airbag. My original conversation with Subaru UK was to see if they could advise me, as mine is a parallel import from Ireland. They said to contact my nearest dealer asap.

They also advised me (as a legal obligation) not to drive with anyone in the front passenger seat until the passenger airbag has been replaced.
Old 07 June 2015, 05:51 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonnys3
As per my conversation with Subaru UK:

"Upon investigation by Takata, leaks were found in the SPI inflators of some passenger airbags. Such a leak can increase the potential for moisture to reach the main propellant wafers.

In the case of a crash necessitating the deployment of the passenger airbag, the subject propellant wafers could cause the inflator to rupture with metal fragments potentially striking and injuring vehicle occupants."

The recall was originally only for the particularly humid countries such as America, where the moisture is a more common issue. Takata then decided to go global.

As for imports, I think Subaru UK will assist you as this is now a global recall across all cars where manufacturers have installed the affected Takata airbag. My original conversation with Subaru UK was to see if they could advise me, as mine is a parallel import from Ireland. They said to contact my nearest dealer asap.

They also advised me (as a legal obligation) not to drive with anyone in the front passenger seat until the passenger airbag has been replaced.
Thats gonna be expensive.