Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2015, 01:15 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Annoyed

Hi All

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...reza?logcode=p

Been looking for another scooby and found the above last saturday. Contacted them and they advised it has already been purched by another trader and behold the below. I find this so unfair and extremely annoyed as I really wanted this car. Now it will be sitting around with these clowns for god knows how long.
Look at the price mark up : (

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...racket/3792245

Last edited by scooby k; 10 March 2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10 March 2015, 01:21 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Annoying I know but that's business, happens all the time.
Old 10 March 2015, 01:21 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome to the world of Impreza buying! Got to be quick on the draw.

Are you sure it's the same car?
Old 10 March 2015, 01:25 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Snapped up by Scoobynets favourite dealer as well, excellent.
Old 10 March 2015, 01:34 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Hmmm the've only added £1500 on the price, must have managed to get it cheaper than £9500
Old 10 March 2015, 01:37 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Hmmm the've only added £1500 on the price, must have managed to get it cheaper than £9500
Yeh offcourse, because when i contacted the trader first time around, he said he can negotiate but someone has put a deposit on it ( clive performance ) however he said he if that person does not come and collect he will call me back which they kindly did and confirmed it had been taken.

I was sooo looking forward to this, it approaching summer time and i want a scooby. Bunch of ******.
Old 10 March 2015, 02:24 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its been said countless times, if you see one, day off work and go straight away, its getting impossible with all these 'companies' around - they have email alerts set up for every new impreza listed on the trader, ebay , etc If its a good'un they are on the phone 8am giving deposits without seeing it.

But think of it like this, at least you can now forget about buying a poverty spec UK car and concentrate on a search for a JDM STI
Old 10 March 2015, 02:30 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

He beat me to a car last year went for 7k on here, he listed it at 9k so I offered him 8k the same day and I'm still waiting for him to ring me back lol
Old 10 March 2015, 03:44 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Side note - Does anyone know what front splitter that has on it?
Old 10 March 2015, 04:04 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

The wifes been on the look out for a clean low mileage widetrack or JDM for a good while now, but ive told her it aint gonna happen. 95% of them are at dealers, and nearly all at the ones to avoid.

Add to the fact we cant just drop everything at the drop of a hat and go traveling hundreds of miles to often be disappointed. So ive told her to start considering other cars. Shame but what can you do?
Old 10 March 2015, 04:55 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Offer money for the cars that are not for sale...you'd be surprised what money does to people ��
Old 10 March 2015, 05:19 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by poolio74
The wifes been on the look out for a clean low mileage widetrack or JDM for a good while now, but ive told her it aint gonna happen. 95% of them are at dealers, and nearly all at the ones to avoid.

Add to the fact we cant just drop everything at the drop of a hat and go traveling hundreds of miles to often be disappointed. So ive told her to start considering other cars. Shame but what can you do?
The cars are out there if you put the time and legwork into staying close to the market and responding quickly as soon as you see opportunities emerge.
Old 10 March 2015, 06:13 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
Offer money for the cars that are not for sale...you'd be surprised what money does to people ��
This
Old 10 March 2015, 07:03 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by plenty
The cars are out there if you put the time and legwork into staying close to the market and responding quickly as soon as you see opportunities emerge.
I look everyday all the time, being at work has made things difficult but suppose just have to play the waiting game.
Old 10 March 2015, 07:23 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

While I agree with this to a point, it doesn't help when you do really put the effort in and travel quickly, to find that on the surface it looks great until you look underneath and realise its scabby as ****! Anyone who knows imprezas know they rust underneath, but all it takes is a little time every year or two to stop it getting hold.

It winds me up when people spend ££££s on there cars but cant be arsed getting up on a ramp to do a bit of rust proofing once in a while!.........10k please?........**** right off!
Old 10 March 2015, 07:31 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby k
I look everyday all the time, being at work has made things difficult but suppose just have to play the waiting game.
Fair enough - there are advantages to working in front of an internet-connected screen every day

Blob STi widetracks aren't that rare though. A quick trawl reveals the following - perhaps one of these might fit the bill?

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...53k-miles.html

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...p-2005/3737993

http://www.surreyscoobies.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=50308

In addition there are five cars currently listed on AT with dealers (not including Cheshire or Clive) for £9,750 (x2) £9,790, £9,995 and £10k.

There are also a couple of cars being advertised in the Facebook groups.

Last edited by plenty; 10 March 2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10 March 2015, 07:38 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

Cheers pal, but I have a scan every day or two also
Old 10 March 2015, 11:00 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Fair enough - there are advantages to working in front of an internet-connected screen every day

Blob STi widetracks aren't that rare though. A quick trawl reveals the following - perhaps one of these might fit the bill?

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...53k-miles.html

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...p-2005/3737993

http://www.surreyscoobies.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=50308

In addition there are five cars currently listed on AT with dealers (not including Cheshire or Clive) for £9,750 (x2) £9,790, £9,995 and £10k.

There are also a couple of cars being advertised in the Facebook groups.
I have spoken to the guy about the black one. Only thing that concerns me is that he has serviced that himself during his ownership as he is a mechanic and the place his purchased it from closed down.

Does that sound worrying to you.
Old 10 March 2015, 11:17 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

I am in the same boat as you, ive been looking for a widetrack for around 6 months now, but im ridiculously fussy. They are so rare to come up for sale, and when they so they are either not in great condition or the dodgy dealers just snap them up and bang an extra £2k on them, its a joke.
And also i have a family and a 60hr/week job so its not easy to just drop everything and do a long road trip to go see one that could easily turn out to be no good.

If only everyone could boycott these cheshire performance type places!

And those links to the other ones for sale, none are in the sought after colour of blue. Can normally get hold of them at a reasonable price and fairly easy if you want a silver or black one.
Old 11 March 2015, 12:26 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Black is the best colour IMO, blue ones are like dog **** in the local park, only reason I have a blue Type R is there weren't any other colours for sale when I was looking 9yrs ago, really wanted one in the dark grey colour but couldn't find one for love nor money, when I do finally rebuild it I'll be changing the colour too.
Old 11 March 2015, 01:58 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Black is definitely the best colour for a blobeye

Not just saying that because I have one, I had a silver one from new in 05 and wished very soon after I had gone for the black.

Never heard WRC blue described as "sought after" in regards to colour its the common one!!
When I was looking last year I wanted a white or black widetrack blob (Nice easy search) could of brought a blue one 10 times quicker (Even filtering out the bad ones)
but stuck to my guns and held out for a good black one.
Old 11 March 2015, 04:16 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
Black is definitely the best colour for a blobeye

Not just saying that because I have one, I had a silver one from new in 05 and wished very soon after I had gone for the black.

Never heard WRC blue described as "sought after" in regards to colour its the common one!!
When I was looking last year I wanted a white or black widetrack blob (Nice easy search) could of brought a blue one 10 times quicker (Even filtering out the bad ones)
but stuck to my guns and held out for a good black one.

I agree, black looks like a proper street car colour on the sti. I spent ages looking for a black one but eneded up buying a blue one in the end which didnt look too bad. Black, Blue and White are the decent colours imo.
Old 11 March 2015, 05:19 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby k
I agree, black looks like a proper street car colour on the sti. I spent ages looking for a black one but eneded up buying a blue one in the end which didnt look too bad. Black, Blue and White are the decent colours imo.
I saw some very nice blue ones and was nearly tempted a couple of times but wanted black and stuck to that even though I begun to loose faith in every getting one just how I wanted it, Stuck it out and got a really good one in the end

I have nothing against the blue ones at all and agree it suits the car, I just wanted something a little less common and white was as rare as rocking horse poo so black was the colour of choice
Old 11 March 2015, 05:44 PM
mestonian
Scooby Regular

Whilst i love black, I also hate black for one reason only. Of all the colours it's the hardest to keep clean by far, i've had a few white cars and none of them looked too bad when a bit grimy, black though, 20 minutes after washing it and it sparkling it looked dirty again.

I agree, it looks great, for the 36 seconds between finishing washing it and driving it away.

Summer isn't too bad with a black car, anything else, nightmare to keep it looking nice.
Old 11 March 2015, 06:19 PM
ae82mad
Scooby Regular

Black is the worst colour to show paint defects, ie swirls scratches and hazing. Even worse when the sun is out. Looks a right dog. Unless your cars been detailed, and you can maintain the cars finish with correct wash technique.
Old 11 March 2015, 06:42 PM
joshnosh
Scooby Regular

C*nts performance at it again....
Old 11 March 2015, 07:30 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

I got lucky when buying mine, put a thread on on SNET with the usual "I'm thinking of buying a Scooby..." questions and somebody PM'd me and asked if I wanted theirs, which wasn't even listed at that point.

I'd looked at a few overpriced pigs - and this one was perfect AND cheaper.
Old 11 March 2015, 07:35 PM
FlatoutDave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fonzey
I got lucky when buying mine, put a thread on on SNET with the usual "I'm thinking of buying a Scooby..." questions and somebody PM'd me and asked if I wanted theirs, which wasn't even listed at that point.

I'd looked at a few overpriced pigs - and this one was perfect AND cheaper.
That's a good way of searching for a car(Subaru) because your buying from an enthusiast. That's what the OP should do.
Old 11 March 2015, 07:43 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

I wasnt saying blue is the best colour, its a matter of opinion everyone has their preference.

All i was saying is in my hunt for a widetrack, anything in blue is snapped up immediately or well overpriced, whereas blacks and silvers seem to stay for sale for a while and also seem to be going for around £8000, which is cheaper than any blue ones that come up for sale. And thats not opinion thats fact!
Blacks do look nice, but my personal choice is blue, i love the pearl shine it gives.

Bare in mind im only taking about widetracks here, non widetracks there are plently of blue examples for sale and yes they are very common.
Old 11 March 2015, 07:47 PM
FlatoutDave
Scooby Regular

Blue would be the last colour I'd choose, Red is my favourite colour then white but as you say it's a personal thing. Are you sure the blue Subaru hold there money better?

Quick Reply: Very Annoyed