Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is 60 miles around town good for £20 worth of v power

just curious if this is about right in a blob wrx
Old 06 December 2014, 05:09 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not really, but the only way you'll know for sure is to brim the tank press the trip run it down to qtr tank or lower then brim it again and work out the exact milage based on distance covered and litres used.

I average 28mpg but I don't hoon about the place.
Old 06 December 2014, 05:29 PM
angel1368
Scooby Regular

right ok bud ill do that, whats roughly ok for miles per tank if driven sensible
Old 06 December 2014, 05:30 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Just over three gallons, so just under 20 to the gallon, probably not far off around town but as ditch says, need to calculate it a bit more accurately than that.
Old 06 December 2014, 05:39 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by angel1368
just curious if this is about right in a blob wrx
Really bad.

Mine did 98.5 miles off a £20 last week around town and that was bad compared to usual. £1.28.9 per litre.

My tyres PSI had dropped 4psi due to the cold weather, I usually manage well over 100 miles off £20.
Old 06 December 2014, 05:41 PM
angel1368
Scooby Regular

wonder why mine is so bad then, what pressures do you run? ive just had cats put back on the car and standard air filter and was told be alot better on juice
Old 06 December 2014, 05:45 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
Really bad.

Mine did 98.5 miles off a £20 last week around town and that was bad compared to usual. £1.28.9 per litre.

My tyres PSI had dropped 4psi due to the cold weather, I usually manage well over 100 miles off £20.
Foooking hell , what do you do.....get her indoors to push it whilst you steer.
I used to go to a mates which is 40-45 mile round trip and that would vaporise £20 if the camera vans weren't out
Old 06 December 2014, 05:47 PM
slimwiltaz
Scooby Regular

Sounds really poor that, my bugeye wrx gets around 80-90 miles to 20pound vpower that's mapped to 270bhp with decat ect
Old 06 December 2014, 05:48 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

£20 -- 60 miles not too bad
Old 06 December 2014, 05:49 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angel1368
wonder why mine is so bad then, what pressures do you run? ive just had cats put back on the car and standard air filter and was told be alot better on juice
I used to think my MPG was fantastic at around 34mpg but most WRX users on here claim 28-36mpg for a Newage WRX. I've done a hell of a lot to get better MPG but in reality I don't think they've worked so the only tips I can suggest is to change your driving style, slowing to junctions and traffic lights instead of braking at the last minute etc etc.

60 miles off £20 at £1.28.9 per litre is 17.58mpg. That's worryingly bad, even if I thrash my car I save fuel in coasting back down to speed.
Old 06 December 2014, 05:53 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Foooking hell , what do you do.....get her indoors to push it whilst you steer.
I used to go to a mates which is 40-45 mile round trip and that would vaporise £20 if the camera vans weren't out
98 miles off £20 is only 28.7mpg, it's pretty crap for a Newy WRX in general to be honest (but probably ok for urban mpg) and certainly damaged my ego.
Old 06 December 2014, 05:54 PM
rb5 stu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was mapped for no cats and an induction kit im sure it would need tweaked again to suit it back to standard.
Old 06 December 2014, 05:55 PM
angel1368
Scooby Regular

yes straight after xmas im going to get her on the rollers and a remap to see how its running
Old 06 December 2014, 06:01 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

When I first passed my test I'd block change into top gear straight away at about 15mph and floor it to the speed limit.

It took ages to get to the desired speed but I thought at the time I was saving money.
Old 06 December 2014, 06:25 PM
kevfawcett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Foooking hell , what do you do
It's all about the ARB
Old 06 December 2014, 06:29 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Architects Registration Board
Old 06 December 2014, 06:35 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

If you want good mpg you need to fit a boost gauge and pay attention to it, once you let it boost then your going to be using a lot of fuel, these aren't like normal cars where you rev it to 4/5k in every gear, you need to be keeping it under 3k if you want decent day to day economy.
Old 06 December 2014, 07:26 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
If you want good mpg you need to fit a boost gauge and pay attention to it, once you let it boost then your going to be using a lot of fuel, these aren't like normal cars where you rev it to 4/5k in every gear, you need to be keeping it under 3k if you want decent day to day economy.
If you want good mpg don't drive a ten year old performance car!

Anything over 25mpg in an Impreza turbo means it's not being enjoyed, and you'd be better off in something dull and economical. A 1.9 Golf/A3 of the same age can be driven more quickly and with lower maintenance costs - and achieve double the mpg.

These cars were not designed to be driven off boost and sip fuel gently, except maybe with the exception of those 2.5 STIs

Enjoy your car sensibly and anything you get over 20mpg is a bonus.
Old 06 December 2014, 08:26 PM
stamina_daddy
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My bug wrx used to be 30 miles per tenner on a good day.
Old 06 December 2014, 08:35 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to get 18mpg then changed the arb and crank pulley now I get 65mpg.....
Now where's my crack pipe??
Old 06 December 2014, 08:36 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can do a full tank in under 100 miles, is that good?
Old 06 December 2014, 08:37 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fat-thomas
Now where's my crack pipe??
Check beside the sofa, probably beside your slippers.
Old 06 December 2014, 08:46 PM
Caribe
Scooby Regular

My hatch wrxs is drinking since the temp dropped. Used to do 29 average and now I'm 24 at the moment
Old 06 December 2014, 08:46 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy

Anything over 25mpg in an Impreza turbo means it's not being enjoyed, and you'd be better off in something dull and economical. A 1.9 Golf/A3 of the same age can be driven more quickly and with lower maintenance costs - and achieve double the mpg.

These cars were not designed to be driven off boost and sip fuel gently, except maybe with the exception of those 2.5 STIs

Couldn't agree more, I don't pay attention to how many miles, I get I just put fuel in when needed and enjoy driving.:-)
Old 06 December 2014, 10:14 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I beg to differ. We have had our car for seven years, touch wood the only thing that has gone wrong mechanically is a tiny hole in the top rad hose, and then a hairline fracture in the top of the rad itself.
Can you honestly tell me a golf the same age (and I have had three) would be as reliable and not cost a fortune in repair bills. You can't just plug a fault code reader in a vag car, has to go somewhere that has vag com diagnostics to deal with that. Mate of mine has got a 1.9 Passat, it is newer than our scoob, and the dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree. He changed the abs unit, but can't even bleed the brakes without getting it connected to vag com and have that tell the Ecu the unit has been changed, and to turn the fault light off.
Old 06 December 2014, 10:31 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Well I like to drive and have fun in my car when it's appropriate, I don't generally tear **** about the place during day to day driving, I tend to stick pretty close to the speed limit and don't see the point in spunking fuel if I'm only going to the shops, I save it for those times when I'm in the mood for a blast and go do the coast road or some other back roads where there's not many cars about or people trying to cross the road doing their shopping.

I wouldn't have a modern diesel as they are crap and end up costing more in repairs than you save on fuel as well as the fact that diesel is more expensive as are the cars, false economy unless your going to do more than 100k in 3yrs and my days of doing that sort of milage are long gone thankfully.
Old 06 December 2014, 10:50 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Well I like to drive and have fun in my car when it's appropriate, I don't generally tear **** about the place during day to day driving, I tend to stick pretty close to the speed limit and don't see the point in spunking fuel if I'm only going to the shops, I save it for those times when I'm in the mood for a blast and go do the coast road or some other back roads where there's not many cars about or people trying to cross the road doing their shopping.

I wouldn't have a modern diesel as they are crap and end up costing more in repairs than you save on fuel as well as the fact that diesel is more expensive as are the cars, false economy unless your going to do more than 100k in 3yrs and my days of doing that sort of milage are long gone thankfully.
utter rubbish, modern diesels are fine reliability wise, imprezas are hardly bulletproof,loads of bottom end issues and the notorious 2.5.

also proper super unleaded i.e. vpower or momentum is more expensive thann diesel too.
Old 06 December 2014, 10:59 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
utter rubbish, modern diesels are fine reliability wise, imprezas are hardly bulletproof,loads of bottom end issues and the notorious 2.5.

also proper super unleaded i.e. vpower or momentum is more expensive thann diesel too.
Shut up, the only person talking rubbish is you, as usual. So all these dpf, dmf,injectors and god know what else are just figments of everyones imagination.

Oh I forget, that's right you drive a focus diesel, so that means diesels are the best cars in the world.

Give it a rest mate, your boring.
Old 06 December 2014, 11:02 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Shut up, the only person talking rubbish is you, as usual. So all these dpf, dmf,injectors and god know what else are just figments of everyones imagination.

Oh I forget, that's right you drive a focus diesel, so that means diesels are the best cars in the world.

Give it a rest mate, your boring.
old imprezas are no more reliable than a modern diesel and i dont have a focus although id like one.

also check your prices as vpower and momentum is more expensive than diesel.

but no doubt you are resting being so boring
Old 06 December 2014, 11:09 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Many moons ago there was a test done by the motoring press of petrol and diesel variants of a Mondeo, break even point was 100k for the diesel variant.

Enough said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is 60 miles around town good for £20 worth of v power