Sponsored by:

PAYPAL and EBAY - BE Scared!

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2014, 01:52 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PAYPAL and EBAY - BE Scared!

I dont know if you y'all have noticed, but all PayPal transactions are now covered by 180 day money back guarantee, this means a buyer (eBay sale or as a genuine private buy not a gift purchase) can open an item not as described or item not arrived claim anytime in 180 days. Yes, around six months!

So in essence, eBay and Paypal are 'renting' your item to someone, in 179 days they can open an item not described claim and PayPal will force you to return the money when the item comes back to you! Its only just been put into practice, but with that the chargeback system they already operate, its a scammers paradise.

Understandably PayPal may look at the case when its a longer length of time, but in their buyer protection policy, they buyer is within his rights to ask for return of the item and a refund for up to 180 days. Its up to the seller to prove that the item has been used, damaged, etc and 9/10 ebay and PayPal ALWAYS side with the buyer.

Sell a car, let a chav rag it for six months, then he brings it back to you for a refund. What a mental concept.

Free motoring for all!

Last edited by Trinity; 24 November 2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 23 November 2014, 01:58 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your JDM on e-bay Trinity????

Accept paypal????
Old 23 November 2014, 02:00 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

haha no for the very reason

but to be honest, once you've gone jdm, theres no going back (unless some real c**p happens in your life!)
Old 23 November 2014, 02:03 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

I do hope there is more to it than that and more protection to sellers, i agree with protection,but once feedback is left it should be a done deal. Dont get me wrong,if something happens after that and within a reasonable time(maybe under warranty)then the sellers integrity should still help/sort if genuine..........no issue there.

But if i sell something then almost 6 months down the line someone says its marked or scratched etc, i would like to think ebay should see through this along with checking all email correspondence..........

In short ,if they dont then ebay will not last very long, as per usual ,the minority will spoil it for the rest..........

Will see and hold judgement for now as (feet on a wooden table) 99% of my ebay experiences have been good,simple judgement,checking sellers ID(not on 5th shop this year for example and based in China not UK as advertised)all helps on a safer and more pleasant experience..........

I do find selling cars or mobile phones opens up an all new world of idiots!!!!! Time wasters to tyre kicking not rights............ So this side i keep to a minimum.............

Just my side/opinion
Old 23 November 2014, 02:08 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity
haha no for the very reason

but to be honest, once you've gone jdm, theres no going back (unless some real c**p happens in your life!)
I dunno, I went JDM then UK out of the 8x Impreza's ive owned 2x JDM 6x UK!!

Next one will be a JDM, but cant see me having another Impreza anytime soon!!
Old 23 November 2014, 02:09 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I used to run an Ebay company for many years, a side project to the main business, and everyday it became routine about how much we lose to scammers or how much time we would have to fight them. Even when you send things signed for, wrapped in a coat of armour, it happens, they try it on. The real thick ones fail, but the ones who know how it works will succeed.The thick ones are easy to spot, most of them have low feedback, they use text phrase and they nearly ALWAYS contact you shortly after the item has been signed for saying it hasnt been delivered and its showing as signed for.

Ten years of eBay , I know the game pretty well.There is no protection for sellers, and feedback is also now irrelevant as of the new defect/DSR system.

There is talk on the eBay forums that the new MD is attempting to destroy it so there will be a buy out.

But for now, there is 180 day returns and buyer protection, and you are at the mercy of the customer services team in Manilla, who generally dont have much of a grasp on anything (especially if its off their script) to give these scammers refunds. The Irish based ones are a little better, but not by much.
Old 23 November 2014, 02:10 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
I dunno, I went JDM then UK out of the 8x Impreza's ive owned 2x JDM 6x UK!!

Next one will be a JDM, but cant see me having another Impreza anytime soon!!
Its ok dude, you were just confused, it happens. but you on the right track for the next one
Old 23 November 2014, 02:15 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity
Its ok dude, you were just confused, it happens. but you on the right track for the next one
Old 23 November 2014, 04:30 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Didn't think there was buyer protection on car sales through private eBay sales?
Old 23 November 2014, 04:31 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

You miss what I am saying.

If you pay by PayPal, there is buyer protection on everything for 180 days.
Old 23 November 2014, 04:36 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im vary wary of ebay lately due to reasons trinity has mentioned.
but as for a car most people would pay cash on collection anyway so the paypal bit would come into it.
Old 23 November 2014, 04:46 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Im currently going through this myself, ive put a car on ebay for sale and so far ive had 5 emails all exactly the same wording from 5 different email addys asking how much i want for the car and that they will pay by paypal and send a courier to pick the car up. Obviously im not a complete moron so ive told them all to **** off. The only way ill sell the car is cash on collection. Ebay is such a joke now, try sending them an email with a problem its impossible.