Broquet - Fitted to P1's or not?

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2001, 06:39 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All

Just as another piece of info to add to the pile of conversation

I called IM today and spoke to their technical department.

I asked the person who answered if it was the case that the P1 was fitted with broquet as standard.

The person was totally confortable with the conversation and was at ease discussing the product which gave me the impression that they took the product seriously, rather than just say "well.. no.. we can't see what the point of that is???"... but instead...

The answer I got first was "I don't think so, but I think it was an option, let me check.."

I waited and he came back to the phone and told me "Sorry. I'm wrong, they ARE fitted as standard, two devices, one on each side of the fuel tank. I have just confirmed that with my technical director."

I then asked if there was any test data that they could send me and was told "well, there definitely will be some test results as we would not have fitted it without thoroughly testing it."

So I left my fax number and was told that anything they found would be sent to me.

I rang back later and was told that they were not sure whether they were allowed to send the data out so would have to wait until the managers got out of a meeting they had gone into, but would fax me something if they could.

I have not had anything as yet but will of course let you know if I do.

I mentioned that I didn't want to say too much about this earlier as I didn't want to spook them by a 1000 scoobynet members phoning and asking them the same question until I had a fax from them, but I thought it was worth montioning it now as I have had nothing all day.

PLEASE don't phone them though as there is still a chance they may provide this information.. and ALL credit to them for..

a) Being brave and open minded enough to test and use a product as controversial as broquet.
b) For being open enough with us to share that information.

Anyway.. I just thought you would like to know.

All the best

Simon
Old 26 April 2001, 08:43 PM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

Nice one Simon.

No one seems to know for definate, but looks like that will be resolved soon.

Cheers

Russell
Old 26 April 2001, 10:15 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Hi Russell

I'm not sure if you have read my post fully mate, but we do know for definite now

All the best

Simon
Old 28 April 2001, 12:20 PM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

Yes, but I thought seeing the tech data would be conclusive !
Old 30 April 2001, 11:09 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Nice one Simon!

Good to see that the alleged 'veil of secrecy' surroudning the issue has been lifted a bit.

Hopefully the test data will be forthcoming, which should at least give some proof that they do something, otherwise what would be the point in Subaru putting Broquet in it's UK flagship vehicle.

Well, at least when I put mine in I'll be able to say that I've got some similar parts to a p1!!!
Old 08 May 2001, 12:07 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Red face

For what its worth,

I had a dream last night and someone had secretly put broquet into my tank. It was making a right ol' racket.

Wierd huh.

Cem
Old 08 May 2001, 12:12 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Blow Dog,
woah! spooky! must say that I've not heard mine swishing about on the tank, but with the exhaust singing merrily away it's hard to hear anything
Old 08 May 2001, 11:01 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

One question.

Anyone know where they are fitted on P1? We talking the in tank or in line units? Anyone with a P1 fancy opening up the access points on the tanks and having a nose around to see if they can spot anything broquet like?
Old 08 May 2001, 11:32 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Talking

It would be easier to check the fuel pipe for an in-line unit. Have you seen how much access is available to the tank without detaching all the pipes etc.

BTW: Installed mine at the weekend. Will be doing around 500 miles this week but on a familiar route. Will NOT change my driving style and hopefully this will give some kind of figures. I know they are not technical but at least they will be 'real world'.

Laurence
MY98 with Broquet installed
Old 08 May 2001, 11:58 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Laurence,
have I seen how much access to fuel tanks, yeah, not much! I was considering removing pipes etc when fitting broquet, but decided against it, thank god!

As with regards to your figures; hear, hear! is the same as I will be doing. Again, not scientific, but at least we'll have tried it and therefore will be able to comment on it properly, either good, bad or indiferent.