Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That was close!...anyone from here?

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2014, 12:31 AM
User 21721
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face That was close!...anyone from here?

Skip to 1.40

&

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=subar...0take%202&sm=3

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.

Last edited by User 21721; 20 August 2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old 20 August 2014, 12:36 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where the F *** did the black one come from lol, one minute he`s chasing a red scoob, they all lock up and that black one shows its presence lol, wow !
Old 20 August 2014, 12:40 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

All three of those cars are being driven by experienced ring veterans, goes to show how careful you have to be on that circuit.
Old 20 August 2014, 12:41 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Three sets of soiled panties there.
Old 20 August 2014, 12:43 AM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why i would never take my own car on the ring....
Old 20 August 2014, 12:45 AM
InTurbo
Scooby Regular

Very lucky none of them cars touched. All fun till it goes wrong!
Old 20 August 2014, 01:11 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Some bad marshalling there, you can't just wave a flag at the point of an obstruction.

Would love to have seen how a AMG, M3 or Porsche etc woulď have got on.
Old 20 August 2014, 02:24 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
Some bad marshalling there, you can't just wave a flag at the point of an obstruction.

Would love to have seen how a AMG, M3 or Porsche etc woulď have got on.
The main problem in my eyes, ring vets or not, is that the blue and black Subaru were guilty of playing follow my leader rather than properly looking at the track ahead for themselves. That's why even experienced track addicts should go out on their own and not in 'convoy' ... all in my opinion of course.

PS An AMG would have stopped much sooner... better class of driver and better brakes
Old 20 August 2014, 02:39 AM
Dave-W-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
The main problem in my eyes, ring vets or not, is that the blue and black Subaru were guilty of playing follow my leader rather than properly looking at the track ahead for themselves. That's why even experienced track addicts should go out on their own and not in 'convoy' ... all in my opinion of course.

PS An AMG would have stopped much sooner... better class of driver and better brakes
/\what a tit why don't you **** off to the merc forums ?

I was with these lads but I was not involved in this video and had 12 mostly incident free laps
Old 20 August 2014, 06:11 AM
beardo47
Scooby Regular

You sir, are a bellend.
Old 20 August 2014, 07:01 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

To be fair, the blue and black Scooby were following too closely, leaving little time to react if they needed to. You cannot deny that.

It isn't a race is it, so why pretend? I'm all for having a laugh on the track, that's what these cars are all about. But being on someone's bumper at over 110mph whilst going around a corner, with a slower car clearly ahead isn't clever. However, I doubt the blue Scooby owner was able to back off due to the black impreza being right up hos chuff!

Experience did not save them from having a crash, luck did.
Old 20 August 2014, 08:22 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Wow that could of ended a tad worse for all parties, end of the day not that I'm condoning them but we all get caught up in a moment once and a while, so let's not jump up on the high horses. The red and blue cars seemed to have a bit of control in the prompt stopping and managed to slow down and miss anything in their way the black one however now that must of been luck, at one point there must of been no where to go, the red on the left, BMW in the middle and blue of the right of the track.

Like the way after a near miss they jump back on the loud pedal!
Old 20 August 2014, 08:27 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gear Head
To be fair, the blue and black Scooby were following too closely, leaving little time to react if they needed to. You cannot deny that.

It isn't a race is it, so why pretend? I'm all for having a laugh on the track, that's what these cars are all about. But being on someone's bumper at over 110mph whilst going around a corner, with a slower car clearly ahead isn't clever. However, I doubt the blue Scooby owner was able to back off due to the black impreza being right up hos chuff!

+1 on both posts.

That's why when I go out on track I let all the idiots go and find my own piece of free space and clean air, when I catch up to the idiots that think they are going quickly racing each other I either pass them or if they are extra special idiots I just back off and let them get on with it.

Last time I was at Donnington 2 first class idiots were "racing" each other, both of them ended up on the back of the flatbed and cost all involved in the track day track time, that's my definition of a bell end.

If you want to race join a race series.

More luck than good judgement as good judgment wouldn't have put them in that situation to begin with.
Old 20 August 2014, 08:30 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

The driver of the blue one is an idiot trying to squease between the cars and the armco on the right. I must admit he has quick reactions to catch his car fishtailing though.

A lucky escape indeed for all of them.

Last edited by fpan; 20 August 2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 20 August 2014, 08:31 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head

You couldn't have said it better
Old 20 August 2014, 08:33 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have no idea what kind of brakes they used,and second no way 2tonne amg could behave better on road in this specific situation
3rd amg usually are way wider then scoobs,even a45,not enough space for them
Originally Posted by fpan
The driver of the blue one is an idiot trying to squease between the cars and the armco on the right.

A lucky escape indeed for all of them.
what are you talking about, he falls with brakes and had no choice,did it perfect

Last edited by fawor; 20 August 2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 20 August 2014, 08:41 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do realise y'all that he is merely trolling you waiting for a reaction? Like a screaming child, ignore the muppet and eventually they will go quiet.

But yeah definitely following too close, the marshal flagging didn't look to hot either...its one of those, when all the lemons are put together, sometimes they don't make lemonade, thankfully this one came out with only a laundry bill
Old 20 August 2014, 08:47 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you...-the-ring.html

This is going to be a 10 pager.
Old 20 August 2014, 08:59 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fawor
Y

what are you talking about, he falls with brakes and had no choice,did it perfect
I just watched it again, you are right! I thought he wanted to overtake but he obviously had to slow down for the yellow flag/obstruction.

I take back my comment, the idiots are the organisers in that case not giving enough notice!
Old 20 August 2014, 09:07 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
OH for the love of snet....not again!
It was a racing incident so no further action needed!
Old 20 August 2014, 09:09 AM
SLHawkWagon
Scooby Regular

Id agree with Fawor that the blue one did well to get out of the way like he did. I wouldnt have liked to see what the mess would have been like if the slidy black scoob clipped the armco..
I think they all did alright by clearing the track and getting going so quickly afterwards too.
Old 20 August 2014, 10:36 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fpan
I just watched it again, you are right! I thought he wanted to overtake but he obviously had to slow down for the yellow flag/obstruction.

I take back my comment, the idiots are the organisers in that case not giving enough notice!
I wouldn't be so quick to take it back if I were you, watch from 1.20 and tell me what he can see of the track?

Actually i'll save you the trouble, **** all except for the back of the red one, then the bimmer he very nearly clipped comes into view and the rest is pure luck as he had left himself no other option due to his position, the only thing i'll say in his favour is that it did look as though he was trying to get a better view of the track just as all hell broke lose.

I'm sure all concerned will adjust their driving accordingly for future excursions and an extra couple of pairs of kacks might be a good idea too.

Funny thing is your always faster on track when you don't have the distraction of your mates around you, whether your in front or behind. I can see a couple of points where the driver of the red car is obviously looking back and the blue car could of taken a few bends quicker if the red one wasn't in front.
Old 20 August 2014, 10:38 AM
G27
Scooby Regular

Glad that they all got away unhurt / undamaged

The volume of near miss or ring crash vids is deterrent enough for me to stick with UK tracks.
Old 20 August 2014, 10:43 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I was going to put, "I would like to see how f1_fan and his mates would have got on in their AMG's" but then deleted it and put what I did.
Old 20 August 2014, 10:59 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Racing each other on a race track, what were they thinking.

I've mentioned the marshalling but the old car (what ever it was) slowing down as if he was on the m1 in holiday traffic is madness, the first thing you need to do in a situation like that either on track or the M1 is get in your rear view mirror, not just stop in the middle of a race track.

But having said that, you have to adapt your driving to the environment and the ring has all sorts.

Last edited by Carnut; 20 August 2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 20 August 2014, 11:08 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

to the reactions on this thread to my AMG comment... it's so easy, it really is

That said my point about the driving in the video stands as Gear Head and Ditch have pointed out... they were very lucky, that's all that saved them!
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bad luck and good luck in equal measure.... good times
Dave-W-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SLHawkWagon
Id agree with Fawor that the blue one did well to get out of the way like he did. I wouldnt have liked to see what the mess would have been like if the slidy black scoob clipped the armco..
I think they all did alright by clearing the track and getting going so quickly afterwards too.

/\ this
Old 20 August 2014, 11:14 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

PMSL
Reel 'em in
Old 20 August 2014, 11:19 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
PMSL
Reel 'em in
I love it here

Quick Reply: That was close!...anyone from here?