Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full In Car Footage Mark Higgins Isle of Man Run

http://www.carthrottle.com/full-foot...ap-has-landed/
Old 02 July 2014, 12:31 AM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting that it was a good watch I enjoyed.
Old 02 July 2014, 12:59 AM
crookedvulture
BANNED

Old 02 July 2014, 01:02 AM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice!
Old 02 July 2014, 12:01 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Crazy
Old 02 July 2014, 01:59 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Thanks for posting, that's fantastic footage.
Old 03 July 2014, 11:21 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was a commited lap. I would point out that the fastest bikes go round about 90 seconds quicker without seatbelts, 11mm of kangaroo hide and a fibreglass helmet instead a nice steel cage and with 50% less wheels.

However from a car point of view he couldn't have given it anymore in my opinion. Well done Mark Higgins.
Old 03 July 2014, 11:21 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was a commited lap. I would point out that the fastest bikes go round about 90 seconds quicker without seatbelts, 11mm of kangaroo hide and a fibreglass helmet instead a nice steel cage and with 50% less wheels.

However from a car point of view he couldn't have given it anymore in my opinion. Well done Mark Higgins.
Old 04 July 2014, 12:02 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco 46

In terms of the time difference, how much better power to weight ratio do those bikers have though?? In terms of performance that is pretty much a std STi which, lets be honest, won't set the world on fire these days.

In terms of the ***** factor, well, yes hats off to the bikers, but to be honest at those speeds and given what you're likely to hit (i.e a tree or stone masonry wall) roll cage or not, it's unlikely you'd live to tell the tale! The difference is the car would do more damage to the surroundings/spectators.

Doesn't bare thinking about.
Old 04 July 2014, 12:35 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Good watch ...
Old 04 July 2014, 01:03 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
In terms of the time difference, how much better power to weight ratio do those bikers have though?? In terms of performance that is pretty much a std STi which, lets be honest, won't set the world on fire these days.

In terms of the ***** factor, well, yes hats off to the bikers, but to be honest at those speeds and given what you're likely to hit (i.e a tree or stone masonry wall) roll cage or not, it's unlikely you'd live to tell the tale! The difference is the car would do more damage to the surroundings/spectators.

Doesn't bare thinking about.
Its no where near pretty much standard. 400hp at least. It has major suspension mods, major engine mods.

Yes mark higgins gave it some serious stick and got a good time and he has nads the size of mars, but its just a marketing ploy from subaru, they set a time, add 50hp to the car next year and do it faster, so on so forth and they hold some ficticious record that no one else tries to do

This thread is a repost there is a massive thread about this discussing the car and the lap on here already lads.
Old 04 July 2014, 02:54 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Just on a different level.
Old 04 July 2014, 03:07 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Its no where near pretty much standard. 400hp at least. It has major suspension mods, major engine mods.

Yes mark higgins gave it some serious stick and got a good time and he has nads the size of mars, but its just a marketing ploy from subaru, they set a time, add 50hp to the car next year and do it faster, so on so forth and they hold some ficticious record that no one else tries to do

This thread is a repost there is a massive thread about this discussing the car and the lap on here already lads.
That doesn't change the point I was making about the bikes being significantly more accelerative than the scooby (even if it was 400bhp) nor does it change the fact that if you hit a tree or a concrete block doing 150mph the likelihood is that you'll get a corner named after you rather than walk or even be stretchered away!

It probably is cheap publicity for the Impreza, but it's exactly the sort it needs after Subaru pulled out of the Rally Scene which is what gave its cars their credibility.

If you post the URL of the other thread, Ill merge them!
Old 04 July 2014, 03:20 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
That doesn't change the point I was making about the bikes being significantly more accelerative than the scooby (even if it was 400bhp) nor does it change the fact that if you hit a tree or a concrete block doing 150mph the likelihood is that you'll get a corner named after you rather than walk or even be stretchered away!

It probably is cheap publicity for the Impreza, but it's exactly the sort it needs after Subaru pulled out of the Rally Scene which is what gave its cars their credibility.

If you post the URL of the other thread, Ill merge them!
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...rd-2014-a.html

Completely agree with your points, just wanted to point out to people not in the know, that all is not quite what it seems