Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POLICE made me mount kerb/ 4 wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2001, 11:15 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove up from london to stay with a mate in northampton for the weekend. I drove up the A5 through towcester to avoid traffic on M1, A5 was even worse.

Traffic was pouring through towcester's narrow bearly 2 lane roads. I'm driviing down the street at about 15mph. Traffic in other lane bumber to bumbper. Copper comes blagging down the "middle" of the road at warp factor nine. I pull in as tight as possible against the kerb to make as much room as possible and come to a near stop.

Not Enough room for him to pass. No choice but to mount the kerb. I turn the wheel as much as possible, hear my rim chipping against the kerb (not as bad it sounds, slight damage to the rim), To get out of his way.

I'm not to bothored about the slight damage to the rim, you really have to look for it. But what i'm worried about is my wheel alighment.

Where can I get pucker 4 wheel alighment suitable for AWD cars. I just want to have it checked without having the alighment trashed by some 12 year old tyre fitter. Where can I find professionals.

I can see a banner ad for Northamptom Tyres, Are they any good for this sort of thing. if so where are they. The website does not give much detail.

i would be gratefull for your advice guys, You could help reduce my tyre bill. I hope the copper achived what ever was that urgent.
Old 04 May 2001, 11:34 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Tyres Northampton apparently do 4-wheel alignment for 24.99 (not sure if it's inc or ex VAT). I'm going tomorrow for some tyres and alignment.

You're right, their website doesn't exactly show where they are. However, a quick search on Yell give us:
Old 05 May 2001, 07:57 AM
Steve Earl
Scooby Regular

Talking

Have to agree with Richard on this one, cant recommend them enough. BUT DONT let Mark talk you into having anything else done because it just goes down hill from there

Steve
Old 05 May 2001, 08:55 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

vmax -- I hope they're good. I've never been there before. They seem OK on the phone (even offered to show me the Stef @ the Ring video)
Old 05 May 2001, 12:33 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

Cheers Carl,

Might see you there mate, You obviously think they good.. You wouldnt be going there your self otherwise .. right !
Old 05 May 2001, 12:50 PM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Tyres Northampton are top people Always done the best by me

Richard
Old 05 May 2001, 08:20 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

vmax -- didn't see you there, but we left at about 12.

Thanks to Mark at TN for a job well done -- he didn't even manage to sell me a Scorpion exhaust, but I have a suspicion I'll be back
Old 06 May 2001, 10:12 AM
a2jcy
Scooby Regular

Angry

What the hell did you mount the kerb for in the first place for I certinaly would'nt do it look at the price your paying now !
Old 06 May 2001, 01:54 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Why not contact the traffic division/constabulary concerned and explain the situation... they might agree to pay for the alignment, or possibly even offer to check it on their own equipment.

Moray
Old 06 May 2001, 05:54 PM
nevr
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MorayMackenzie:
<B>Why not contact the traffic division/constabulary concerned and explain the situation... they might agree to pay for the alignment, or possibly even offer to check it on their own equipment.

Moray[/quote]
It is worth a go it could be classed as a Police Vehicle Accident that would have to be investigated, thay would have a record of the incident the car was going to and can ID the driver claim on their insurance.
Old 06 May 2001, 09:50 PM
MrData
Scooby Regular

Wink

Anthony Betts Subaru in Milton Keynes can do a full geometry / alignment check for you.

It will cost you in the region of £70 though.

They did my P1 and it felt like a different car afterward - well glued to the road.

Cheers
Kurt
Old 06 May 2001, 11:47 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

Carl,

I turned up at 12:30.. It was well busy. One the guys there that he couldn't fit me in until 14:00. I couldn't get back in time due to prior commitments.

a2jcy

Hey.. i didn't want to mount the kerb. But i did not fancy spending my bank Holiday in a police cell for obstructing a police officer in the line of duty.