Sponsored by:

what's the laws. ...

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2014, 09:34 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's the laws. ...

Just been stopped by the civil servants who abuse the authority. .. There telling me my blue lights in the indicator lens are illegal and so are my number plates ? And advice?

Old 10 May 2014, 09:35 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

They are correct lol,

Is this a wind up?
Old 10 May 2014, 09:38 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Lol and told me my exhaust is anti social. ... feel like getting a Vaughan astray panda car
Old 10 May 2014, 09:40 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By civil servants I presume you mean the old bill, who are not civil servants but public servants simply doing their jobl
Old 10 May 2014, 09:40 PM
gc8-r
Scooby Regular

Unless there real police I'd tell them to **** off....
One stopped me once for drinking a coffee

Told him where to go as was on public highway not mod property.......
Old 10 May 2014, 09:43 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Next time a chocolate / plastic copper comes your way, stand your ground and insist on an answer as to "Why are you targeting and harassing me"

Jobs for the boys they are.
Old 10 May 2014, 09:44 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the number plate or exhaust but the blue bulbs are illegal due to only emergency services being the only vehicles who can display blue lights of any kind, also if you insist on keeping them on the car and they stop you again with them still on the car they can take the car off you as harsh as it sounds.

Trending Topics

Old 10 May 2014, 09:44 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JonMc
By civil servants I presume you mean the old bill, who are not civil servants but public servants simply doing their jobl
Ok public servant ... I got out car completely respectful and was spoke to like I'd said here mate don't use unleaded at my cost ill pass in your tank to fill you up!. Whatever they are I'm sure there's lots more things going on in the town that 2 LED bulbs..... so any ideas what to replace these with that won't look odd against the xenons
Old 10 May 2014, 09:47 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
Next time a chocolate / plastic copper comes your way, stand your ground and insist on an answer as to "Why are you targeting and harassing me"

Jobs for the boys they are.
Oh it was the bmw traffic jobby had me shopping couldn't even be arsed I just said I'll nip Halfords in the morning for some plates ... just ***** to be honest I used to have a lot of respect for them but there attitude is poor I mean I'm not asking for a ***** shake but to try belittle somebody for a couple of light bulbs is beyond belief
Old 10 May 2014, 09:52 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Meanwhile some poor sod is getting his pants pulled down with a "Crash for cash" scam.

Police priorities don't exist any more.
Old 10 May 2014, 10:51 PM
g5aff
Scooby Newbie

I use japanese mtec bulbs in my sidelights, nice colour. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-SUPER...item3f20c98f7c
Old 10 May 2014, 11:35 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't get fonts on registrations. Just use the one the law says you have to, space it properly and there's no issue.

As for the lights, the whole lot of them look pretty blue (could be off white balance) it would be best to go for a warmer colour on the xenons and they'll match legal side lights more closely.
Old 11 May 2014, 01:44 AM
PlayFair
Scooby Regular

Tbh I'm not sure why you are getting pissed off?

You clearly bought the plates knowing they were 'show plates' and I'm sure the pack your lights came in said off road use only...

The blue lights and plate look awful anyways. The lights blind other drivers too and reduce visibility severely. - I had blue lights when I was 17 thinking I was cool, so I know how **** poor they are.

Police are stopping you because you are clearly breaking the law, and if they get you to change then they can get other people to as well.

Only the truth gets peoples backs up.
Old 11 May 2014, 07:33 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

I cant understand getting upset when you have clearly been had for doing something wrong.

Take it on the chin and deal with it.

The main headlights look like HID units to me, if thy are you deserve everything you got, putting HIDs in non projector lenses is just down right ****ing dangerous and you will be blinding everyone else on the road because the spray on the beam pattern on HID's from a standard reflector means it casts light directly into the cabn of other cars. not the road

Last edited by JGlanzaV; 11 May 2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11 May 2014, 08:32 AM
dabiscuit
Scooby Regular

Both are illegal, but it would have to be a real job's worth to stick you on. Yes plate is readable, but not for ANPR and other scanners, speed cameras etc etc.....
Old 11 May 2014, 08:32 AM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Police used to come to mine every morning at 7am telling me I'd not paid for fuel in an orange car.

Mind you I was in the process of taking them to court for assault.
Old 11 May 2014, 11:34 AM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
I cant understand getting upset when you have clearly been had for doing something wrong.

Take it on the chin and deal with it.

The main headlights look like HID units to me, if thy are you deserve everything you got, putting HIDs in non projector lenses is just down right ****ing dangerous and you will be blinding everyone else on the road because the spray on the beam pattern on HID's from a standard reflector means it casts light directly into the cabn of other cars. not the road
Aye and bet you stay below 77 at all times being the world's safest driver an all ;-)
Old 11 May 2014, 11:43 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cheshire-rep
Aye and bet you stay below 77 at all times being the world's safest driver an all ;-)
Doing any of that is MY choice, some ***** coming the other way and blinding me is NOT my choice.

And why would you stick below 77? The speed limit is 70, (Im just wondering if sports can even reach 70?)

It is nothing to do with how safe your driving is, it is all to do with how your actions affect others, and putting HIDs in headlights that are not designed for it, does affect others as they cant see a thing when you are coming towards them.

Then when you get caught for it, and given a talking to (RIGHTLY SO IMO) you get all up in arms about it. The police are doing their job, they gave you a talking ot because you ARE BREAKING the law. Suck it up and get over it, do what they tell you to do and dont fit stupid mods in future
Old 11 May 2014, 11:45 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Why 77, that too would be illegal given that the maximum legal speed in the UK is 70
Old 11 May 2014, 12:55 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
Why 77, that too would be illegal given that the maximum legal speed in the UK is 70
Cos this guy lives on the legal / illegal knife edges and use his 10% error allowance

Bet if he got stopped at 76mph he would argue it was not illegal
Old 11 May 2014, 12:56 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Because it's generally accepted that a 10% margin of error is likely....

You'd have to talk yourself into a court if stopped....

IMHO

dunx
Old 11 May 2014, 01:22 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Doing any of that is MY choice, some ***** coming the other way and blinding me is NOT my choice.

And why would you stick below 77? The speed limit is 70, (Im just wondering if sports can even reach 70?)

It is nothing to do with how safe your driving is, it is all to do with how your actions affect others, and putting HIDs in headlights that are not designed for it, does affect others as they cant see a thing when you are coming towards them.

Then when you get caught for it, and given a talking to (RIGHTLY SO IMO) you get all up in arms about it. The police are doing their job, they gave you a talking ot because you ARE BREAKING the law. Suck it up and get over it, do what they tell you to do and dont fit stupid mods in future
They call him mellow yellow dum der dum. ........

I'm sure I'll get over it almost like that face I pull when some idiot drives past me for a second with bright lights ...

Old 11 May 2014, 01:27 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

They call him mellow yellow dum der dum. ........

I'm sure I'll get over it almost like that face I pull when some idiot drives past me for a second with bright lights ...

LOL, go carry on "tastefully" modifying your noddy mobile and just hope it isnt me coming the other way when you have your ridiculous headlights on

Last edited by JGlanzaV; 11 May 2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11 May 2014, 01:34 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

LOL, go carry on "tastefully" modifying your noddy mobile and just hope it isnt me coming the other way when you have your ridiculous headlights on
Your assumptions fail as I only bought the car this week as it is now so carry on with the insults and making yourself look a tool.
Old 11 May 2014, 01:54 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

But the fact that you had to ask the question says a lot.

'Hmm, I just don't understand why I can't have blue lights on my car. I mean, the emergency services use them all the time!'

Read your question again and tell me is doesn't sound idiotic.

I am all for making newbies feel welcome but there is a limit......which is constantly being crossed.

But at least you know the difference between 'bought' and 'brought', which makes you an academic amoungst newbies!

Last edited by Gear Head; 11 May 2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11 May 2014, 02:02 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Gear Head
But the fact that you had to ask the question says a lot.

'Hmm, I just don't understand why I can't have blue lights on my car. I mean, the emergency services use them all the time!'

Read your question again and tell me is doesn't sound idiotic.

I am all for making newbies feel welcome but there is a limit......which is constantly being crossed.

But at least you know the difference between 'bought' and 'brought', which makes you an academic amoungst newbies!

I was simply taking the ****. Forget it now it's passed I'm on way to the shell garage for some real bulbs :-)
Old 11 May 2014, 02:03 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

New white sidelights and new number plates with the correct font on - job done, no reason for them to speak to you (providing you're driving it sensibly )

*edit* as you're doing
Old 11 May 2014, 02:10 PM
cheshire-rep
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by BLU
New white sidelights and new number plates with the correct font on - job done, no reason for them to speak to you (providing you're driving it sensibly )

*edit* as you're doing
Yes I had already planned the number plates as I am driving to Barcelona in June and I've not like the side lights since I got the car .. on hunt for back box as well just don't know what I'm looking for as a lot are for turbo's
Old 11 May 2014, 02:19 PM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

Old 11 May 2014, 02:20 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Yes I had already planned the number plates as I am driving to Barcelona in June and I've not like the side lights since I got the car .. on hunt for back box as well just don't know what I'm looking for as a lot are for turbo's
Yeah, number plates with anything other than standard font are just not worth the hassle. It gives the police an easy reason reason to 'chat' with you!

I'm certain turbo back boxes either fit or can be 'modded' to fit. I'm sure someone will be along who's knows for sure

Quick Reply: what's the laws. ...