Sponsored by:

Turbo no return on warranty, still waiting! :@

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2014, 10:55 AM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo no return on warranty, still waiting! :@

I posting this to get some advice and opinions on what you guys would do as I think this is unacceptable.

I bought a refurbished a hybridised turbo off a member on here, fitted the turbo and it failed.

So sent it back on warranty the next day, next day delivery to Scotland where it was built. Arrived and all seemed fine.

After much conversation over 2 months of me waiting I am told to original reason for the turbo failing was a blocked oil gallery in the core and it would be ready in a day or two.

That last text I had was on the 3rd of April already after much conversation before on other issues and waiting for parts for the turbo to arrive that had failed.

The turbo was actually delivered to be repaired under warranty on the 26th of feb!

Since the 3rd of April the guy doing the refurbishment will no longer answer my calls or texts!

I contacted the member on here who sold me the turbo, who replied to me on the 23rd of april saying he spoke to the guy and "he had trouble finding a core for the turbo but now has it so shouldn't be long"

Now the member and turbo builder do not answer my calls or texts, what would you do?

I'm not naming names as I'm sure there could be a good reason and the guy from here seemed a good guy when I collected the turbo from him.

Last edited by scooby87; 29 April 2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 29 April 2014, 11:14 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Can you pm some of his scoobynet friends and ask there advice, not quite naming and shaming IMO.
Old 29 April 2014, 01:07 PM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
Can you pm some of his scoobynet friends and ask there advice, not quite naming and shaming IMO.
Maybe, not really sure who they would be though.

I know of one of his scoobynet friends though that I could ring thinking about it.
Old 29 April 2014, 03:39 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I know who it might be. Seems a decent fella. Doesn't come on here much I don't think.
Old 29 April 2014, 03:46 PM
BRAVEHEART_STI
Scooby Regular

Hi neil sincere appologies as to the wait , having went through a busy period and the mrs being unwell beforehand things have been a bit hectic

As im on my own its hard sometimes lol , however no excuse....

I will give you a bell today in regards to posting it back to you , I will also further the warranty by another year ( I know youl be hesitant on this but youl just have to trust myself ... )

As a sorry to the time its taken il throw in a little extra for you also.... of which I will speak to you when I call as to what it might be so I know what u may need or what may be of use

Appologies

John@brd
Old 29 April 2014, 05:53 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Knowing big John well through Subaru meets and other sites this is not something that happens regularly, if at all. I'm sure now he's responded you'll be happy with the outcome as I know of many who have been satisfied and pleased with prices and work.
Old 12 August 2014, 09:38 AM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately I am having to post back in this thread because again I need some advice.

Has anyone heard from John as I'd really like a update on the turbo as this has been dragging on for some serious time now.....
Old 12 August 2014, 10:08 AM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hes not really been posting on our local forum much either will try to get him for you
Old 12 August 2014, 10:57 AM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Thanks he has no contacted me
Old 12 August 2014, 12:35 PM
Knotty_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waiting since Feb for a turbo?

I'd be at the address by now mate, that's just plain taking you for a ride.
Old 27 August 2014, 12:43 PM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Yeah Notty, it's a massive long story of crap tbh.

All I'm asking these days is a refund.

Peter have you heard from John? In 2 weeks I've not had anything, just want a update..... Could you contact him for me or pm a number he answers as the one I have gets ignored!
Old 27 August 2014, 01:16 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Is this still unresolved?! I think Mr. Goulding is taking the Micky.
Old 27 August 2014, 02:59 PM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Same with my mate Bod666

http://www.surreyscoobies.com/forums...hlight=warning
Old 27 August 2014, 03:04 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

I've been refraining from doing this for a long time - as I think it's a very unprofessional thing to do. I'm also having problems getting a turbo back from Scotland.

I bought a HS TD0520G on 22b forums in April, immediately sent it to Scotland for a Billet compressor wheel conversion and general overhaul. Paid up, and was told after a very reasonable two weeks that the work was done. I then got assigned to the US for 6 months of work, with occasional trips home.

I entered the US on the 1st May with the turbo "in the post". It never arrived at home (my girlfriend is still there) and after a month or so of sporadic e-mail comms (phonecalls are difficult for me in my current location/timezone/etc) it turned out that the box had been left unlabelled but had turned up, so it was "in the post again". Few weeks later, still nothing - then I stopped getting messages.

Towards the end of July, I had my first trip home planned - so really wanted this turbo. I got in touch with somebody else, who spoke IRL (I think) with my contact for me - and was then told it would be couriered next day.

Nothing.

I got home, got in touch again and explained that I was going away WITH my girlfriend for a couple of weeks, so could it please be couriered to a friends address. "Yep fine, will be in the post on Monday an you'll have a tracking number".

Nothing.

I finished the holiday, back in the US for work - now being ignored again.

This Turbo has been "ready" for FOUR MONTHS. It needs 10-15quid to a courier, then it's done. I'm really getting frustrated with this, thank god I'm not actually working on my car - but soon I hope to be home, and modifying again. If I need to drive to Scotland for this, I might actually do it - but I don't understand how it's taken so long.

Sorry, I HATE public name and shame posts but I'm struggling with any other forms of communication.

Kyle
Old 27 August 2014, 03:33 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

There may be a very good reason for the delay ( can't think of one offhand ) but six months is a bloody joke. There's three people waiting on this thread and possibly others. I'm surprised you've not mentioned this before Kyle. I hope I'm wrong but there's a sense of foreboding about this.
Old 27 August 2014, 03:43 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm surprised you've not mentioned this before Kyle.
I've been very quiet on forums purely because I've been away from my car, and as I said I really don't approve of these kind of public displays of complaint as normally there IS a good reason. Personal problems happen, and I really sympathize if that's the case. This particular seller/service has an excellent reputation in Subaru circles (and possibly others?) so I've been giving the benefit of the doubt - and I genuinely assumed it was just a delay with my stuff.

If I'd have seen this thread sooner, perhaps I would have joined in sooner as it could have helped us all find a solution. Now knowing that multiple people are in a similar situation, it does scare me a little bit - but I've been speaking to another Forum'er who is in IRL contact with the seller and although he doesn't make excuses for him, he does assure me that intentions are good - and nobody is looking to screw anybody over.

I've been blessed with months away from the car, I guess I've been guilty of "out of sight, out of mind" and not constantly badgering. I hope everything comes right for everybody.
Old 27 August 2014, 05:34 PM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Not a great story to read, I really wanted to avoid this thread too but as you can see from above its really dragging on now....

I did initially think it was just me having issues here and am surprised there are more given the good reputation.
Old 27 August 2014, 06:12 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Maz
There may be a very good reason for the delay ( can't think of one offhand ) but six months is a bloody joke. There's three people waiting on this thread and possibly others. I'm surprised you've not mentioned this before Kyle. I hope I'm wrong but there's a sense of foreboding about this.
There is more mate,i know of 4 others including bod666 from surreyscoobies.Has anyone spoken with him personally,because unless its death involved there is not really a plausible excuse for waiting as long as people have been waiting,months not days,atleast i know the plans that i had to billet my wife's turbo in the future that i can just look elsewhere to get it done,sad really.SJ.
Old 29 August 2014, 07:23 AM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
There is more mate,i know of 4 others including bod666 from surreyscoobies.Has anyone spoken with him personally,because unless its death involved there is not really a plausible excuse for waiting as long as people have been waiting,months not days,atleast i know the plans that i had to billet my wife's turbo in the future that i can just look elsewhere to get it done,sad really.SJ.
Still heard nothing, last time I spoke 3 weeks ago I believed the personal issues to be solved which I thought "great we will be moving again now"

But obviously here I am again with no replies or anything.

Now that others have come out I am obviously more concerned.....
Old 29 August 2014, 07:30 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bugger, looks like i'll be going the DIY route then. Anyone know where to source billet wheels and rebuild kits in the UK?
Old 29 August 2014, 07:48 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Bugger, looks like i'll be going the DIY route then. Anyone know where to source billet wheels and rebuild kits in the UK?
CRTurbos has said they can source the wheels according to a friend of mine so I will give them a bell when I have the time,I have used them before for turbo rebuilds and there service and work has been superb.SJ.
Old 29 August 2014, 09:54 AM
jeffwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
If there's enough interest Can supply billet wheels/ rebuild / compressor housing kits/ for tdo5 turbos and convert 16g's to billet wheel 18/20g
Old 29 August 2014, 10:55 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

I used Turbo Dynamics in Christchurch, Dorset for my MD321T billet conversion. Sent it off on Day 1, had it back on Day 4 (been sat in a box ever since due to plan changes and 2 x children!!).
Old 29 August 2014, 10:58 AM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
CRTurbos has said they can source the wheels according to a friend of mine so I will give them a bell when I have the time,I have used them before for turbo rebuilds and there service and work has been superb.SJ.

I just had a quote off CR Turbos, £195+ vat to billet my VF48.. Not too bad!
Old 29 August 2014, 09:31 PM
BRAVEHEART_STI
Scooby Regular

To clear things up ....

Bod 66 or whatevet his user name is ( bod knight ) has went through his own turbo , one of mine and one of andys I billeted for a previous customer who I purchased it from to give bod a turbo back no questions asked..... to which that then failed , bod was advised yo change the oil feed and did not ( the reply I got was " my engines fine mate " ) but im not going into detail as all thats irelevant

BRD is no more..... I do however have tirbos belonging to the following :

Neil ( compressor seal not sealing correctly , loss of boost pressure because of this ) , this t7rbo was not purchased dirwctly from myself but again I warrantied it and said I would sell it on for neil , the fact is the turbo hasnt sold becaus4 of most probably peoples issues with me at the moment.... the turbo is still here , neil asks me for a refund but didnt even purchasr the turbo from me ??? .... but il still do my best on the matter....

Kyle , turbo was posted and sent to the wrong address via citylink... ( 2 turbos posted to same address although were marked seperately )
Kyles turbo in all honesty is now back with me again and should have been with him a long time ago , to this I will hold my hands up to and will also reimburse in some way or form.... if you read this kyle I urge you to actually call me rather than email me.... 07713194599 or at least text so I can sort this for you

The bod situation is an absolute joke and a prume example of people junping on the band wagon with no clue....

Out of over 250 turbos ive had 5 fail..... yet that nakes me the worst turbo " guy " ever.... this is exactly why BRD is no more , charging next to nothing labour just to help people and pretty much near losing my family over stress of work , forums etc ....

I also have turbos belinging to matty b , robert crosland , grant swan , paul doyle , and a few others sitting here which are also being done.... just because BRD is no more and trouble is arrising doesnt mean it wont be dealt with. .. I can only appologise I dont deal well with doing this on my own and the recent problems ive had in my life.....

I will say no more on the matter , I will not argue whats wrong and right as I know where im in the wrong....

Neil and kyle will both get a reply from me shortly.... id apprwciate kyle if u read this to please text me a contact no rather than emailing an unused account
Old 29 August 2014, 10:45 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N_Scooby
I used Turbo Dynamics in Christchurch, Dorset for my MD321T billet conversion. Sent it off on Day 1, had it back on Day 4 (been sat in a box ever since due to plan changes and 2 x children!!).
I asked Turbo dynamics about a billet conversion on my m321t, they wouldn't touch it. they said it had to go to lateral performance for them to send in for it to be done
Old 30 August 2014, 06:27 AM
legacydan
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob84
I asked Turbo dynamics about a billet conversion on my m321t, they wouldn't touch it. they said it had to go to lateral performance for them to send in for it to be done
That's because Mark @ lateral has brought the rights to the MD321 series of turbos, it will go to turbo dynamics, just through lateral.
Old 30 August 2014, 01:29 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legacydan
That's because Mark @ lateral has brought the rights to the MD321 series of turbos, it will go to turbo dynamics, just through lateral.
I know that after they told me that, But my point was the above poster sent his direct to Turbo dynamics Cutting out the middle man. Id rather send direct than be stung with charges from the middle man wanting there cut
Old 30 August 2014, 03:12 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART_STI
To clear things up ....

Bod 66 or whatevet his user name is ( bod knight ) has went through his own turbo , one of mine and one of andys I billeted for a previous customer who I purchased it from to give bod a turbo back no questions asked..... to which that then failed , bod was advised yo change the oil feed and did not ( the reply I got was " my engines fine mate " ) but im not going into detail as all thats irelevant

Neil ( compressor seal not sealing correctly , loss of boost pressure because of this ) , this t7rbo was not purchased dirwctly from myself but again I warrantied it and said I would sell it on for neil , the fact is the turbo hasnt sold becaus4 of most probably peoples issues with me at the moment.... the turbo is still here , neil asks me for a refund but didnt even purchasr the turbo from me ??? .... but il still do my best on the matter....

Kyle , turbo was posted and sent to the wrong address via citylink... ( 2 turbos posted to same address although were marked seperately )
Kyles turbo in all honesty is now back with me again and should have been with him a long time ago , to this I will hold my hands up to and will also reimburse in some way or form.... if you read this kyle I urge you to actually call me rather than email me.... 07713194599 or at least text so I can sort this for you

The bod situation is an absolute joke and a prume example of people junping on the band wagon with no clue....

Out of over 250 turbos ive had 5 fail..... yet that nakes me the worst turbo " guy " ever.... this is exactly why BRD is no more , charging next to nothing labour just to help people and pretty much near losing my family over stress of work , forums etc ....

I also have turbos belinging to matty b , robert crosland , grant swan , paul doyle , and a few others sitting here which are also being done.... just because BRD is no more and trouble is arrising doesnt mean it wont be dealt with. .. I can only appologise I dont deal well with doing this on my own and the recent problems ive had in my life.....

I will say no more on the matter , I will not argue whats wrong and right as I know where im in the wrong....

Neil and kyle will both get a reply from me shortly.... id apprwciate kyle if u read this to please text me a contact no rather than emailing an unused account
John, sorry things haven't gone well with the business - I'm hoping you can find success again as I know you had a very good reputation in the Subaru community.

I've sent you a PM with my postal address in the UK (again ) but calling isn't easy - if I can get into the office next week I can use a landline to dial the UK, but I'm travelling a lot at the moment any my cellphone as they call it does not allow international calls.

I Hope we can straighten this out,

Kyle
Old 01 September 2014, 08:18 AM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART_STI
To clear things up ....

Hi John, again sorry to hear of your troubles. I do hope things come good soon for you.

Whether or not I purchased through you doesn't really make the unfortunate turn of events my fault. I bought the re built but un used turbo from a member on here with your warranty.

I look forward to hearing from you so we can talk soon.

I don't mean to be slating you on here as I never wanted to as I know this is your business. But I'm sure you can understand the frustrations as this has been such a long drawn our process with massive gaps of no reply.

Quick Reply: Turbo no return on warranty, still waiting! :@