Sponsored by:

Vauxhall Novas in Spotlight

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2001, 06:50 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

The thread title was a headline in my local free paper. The best bit of the article are as follows.

"Police will carry out spot checks on Novas in and around Whitehaven in a hunt for cars with stolen parts"

" 'Vauxhall Novas are renowned as 'boy racer' cars and we believe that when drivers damage their cars they are steeling replacement parts from other Novas rather than paying for repairs' said DC Stagg"

Hope they check all the ones round here with Impreza scoops and wings especially closely!

Steve
Old 02 May 2001, 07:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

So, thats where my wifes Novas windowscreen wiper went!!

Thieving gits

Pete
Old 02 May 2001, 07:38 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Talking

There's a similar thing in Hitchin at the moment although the police are having to crack down on Corsa crime.

Some people are just sad!
Old 02 May 2001, 11:14 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

Grrrrrrrrrr there's nothing wrong with corsa drivers
Old 03 May 2001, 12:12 AM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

I completely agree with you, the prices of vauxhall parts are much much cheaper than those of a Subaru, but don't you think that it's all relative, a Scooby is a more expensive car to buy, there's no way on gods earth that I could afford to buy one, replace stolen parts or insure one, but on the other hand I can afford to buy a corsa insure it and replace parts of it whatever the reason. You probably earn more than I do thus allowing you to buy a more expensive car, but please don't assume that just because my car parts are less expensive than yours they are any less valuable to ME.

Secondly my spelling and punctuation may not be fantastic, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way I speak, never in this life time will you ever hear me say the word "diss" seriously
If you'd like to discuss this further I'll email you my mobile number and you are more than welcome to call me.
If for any reason you believe I'm a baseball cap wearing, common sounding, teeny bopper speak to Paul M who I have met and ask him.

Regards Vicki
Old 03 May 2001, 12:31 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Do you have a max power sticker Vicki
Andyp
Old 03 May 2001, 12:51 AM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Boost II:
<B>... of all the things out there to knick I think Nova/Corsa spares come quite a long way downs the list behind the crown jewels in terms of value.[/quote]Things are nicked for more reasons than just their face value. Cheap older cars (such as Novas) are easier to steal and there are more of them on the road than Scoobies.

&lt; Crimewatch stereotype &gt;
They are also more likely to be driven by people with less money, so increasing the desire to replace parts by the cheapest means possible, legal or otherwise.
&lt; /Crimewatch stereotype &gt;

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Boost II:
<B>Now when Subaru charge £360 for a pair of headlights that don't even light stuff up properly, I could understand.[/quote]Aston Martin want £2000 for a set of tyres, but that doesn't make them more nickable than Corsa windscreen wiper blades!!
Old 03 May 2001, 12:52 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Cool

Boost II - you have been told

Andy, do you really *want* a kicking from Vikki 'cos she sounds kinda hard....

Matt
Old 03 May 2001, 09:04 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Vicki:
<B>Grrrrrrrrrr there's nothing wrong with corsa drivers [/quote]

Watch it Vicky, as soon as the hounds find out you've put a post on here, they'll be harrassing you again!

MB
Old 03 May 2001, 12:55 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi ho Vic, hi ho hi ho - anyone remember Vicki the Viking??

Did not mean to dis your motor (Is this suitable language for a Corsa driver ) but of all the things out there to knick I think Nova/Corsa spares come quite a long way downs the list behind the crown jewels in terms of value. Now when Subaru charge £360 for a pair of headlights that don't even light stuff up properly, I could understand.

PS any scum out there that does not give youmpermission to go and 1/2 inch my lights.

PPS My mum has a Nova and I used to have an Astra qualifying me appropriately to comment on the value of Vauxhall and replica Vauhall parts and accessories.
Old 03 May 2001, 01:38 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Vicki,

Re your comment: "If you'd like to discuss this further I'll email you my mobile number and you are more than welcome to call me."...

We are trying to run a reasonably serious BBS here, not a lonely hearts club for car enthusiasts...

Moray
Old 03 May 2001, 01:44 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

My heart isn't lonely!

Old 03 May 2001, 01:52 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

As if i'd have a Max Power sticker......... Jeez......

It's a quality Redline one i'll have you know......
Old 03 May 2001, 02:34 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Vicki, other than a bit of a **** take I'm not saying anything against Corsa drivers . My point is that given the high levels of crime in my local area, sometimes of a serious nature too, it seems odd the police have to devote a task force to clamping down on thfet of Corsa/Nova parts.

Anyway, why are you defending people that would potentially knick bits off your own car? A bit of a 'blonde' statement if you don't mind me saying

If I conveyed an air of superiority, my cars more expensive than yours sort of thing, that was purely accidental. Running my scooby cripples me financially, especially given my tendency to land it on its roof from time to time!! I don't see the Scooby as a status symbol at all, just great fun and if you think your car is great fun too then we are as well off as each other

By the way, I don't know why I'm eating humble pie, what happened to the good old days of 8 page flame wars when someone came on this board who didn't drive a Scooby - that was a laugh!

Edited coz my old smilie links don't work - the love one doesn't see much action!

[This message has been edited by Boost II (edited 03 May 2001).]
Old 03 May 2001, 07:25 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

Hey I'm only pulling your pinky..... all car thieves are ****ers it doesn't matter if they nick metros or Evos...... mmmmmmmm Evos..... they should all rot in the firey depths of hell.

Friends ?????
Old 03 May 2001, 07:37 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Vicki:
<B>Hey I'm only pulling your pinky..... [/quote]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>
<B>...... mmmmmmmm[/quote]

That could be taken out of context!
Old 03 May 2001, 07:40 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

sorry i must be being blonde again......

Old 03 May 2001, 07:43 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Cool

Old 03 May 2001, 07:47 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

So then Boost II don't you like corsas and corsa drivers....... ????
Old 03 May 2001, 09:05 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Talking

Vicki,

I think Corsas are fine , but not for me ( a bit too small)

I have no strong feelings for Corsa drivers one way or the other. I should think some of them are very nice and some are probably complete tossers.

I think you are a nice one! I also think you are on a bit of a wind-up since I have not mentioned disliking Corsa owners. I have made a couple of stereotype jokes which I think you realised but pretended to take seriously

I understand your Corsa probably has some quite distinctive bits on it anyway, so keep them safe. Since I have never seen it I can't comment but I conceed there is a chance I may like it more than most Corsas but probably not as much as my Impreza.

Friends
Old 03 May 2001, 10:35 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Talking

there is a a yellow four door nova ( old corsa isnt it?) with scooby style rear wing, and bonnet scoop near where i work. it is the saddest thing youve ever seen i respect NEARLY everyone who loves their car, but this was DREADFUL!
Old 04 May 2001, 01:43 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

Busted!!!!

Yeah I'm only teasing

Someone tried to nick my wheels a few months ago actually, let me tell you the story, are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.....

It was a dark, cold and wet winters night and all was quiet, Vicki returned back to her car after a long hard day at work (it was about 22:30).

I had this funny feeling in my bones as I approached my car, so I checked around it. Everything seemed to be fine, so I got in pinky, started her up and pulled away, when there was a BANG. It felt like I'd driven into a massive hole, I jumped out of my car to see what had happened to find and 4 wheels had come off and where now sitting inside my wheel arches. All the plastic trim round my arches had snapped and my brake disc's where sat on the floor. I cried and I cried and I cried.
Then I called home but because I was in a train station in the middle of nowhere I couldn't get a reception.
I eventually got hold of my mate Petey who tried to calm me down. Then I called my parents who came to save me.
Luckily they didn't get my rims, but they certainly scared me, and now I have to go to work a different way.
****ing ****ers they should all be shot

Old 04 May 2001, 01:55 PM
Vicki
Scooby Regular

Old 04 May 2001, 03:42 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Nice car, Sorry to hear of your nasty incident......

But I'm still slagging you off on a different thread!!

Kind regards
Old 04 May 2001, 08:31 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

So thats where the centre cap of my ally went........Theiving Gits.....I'll brake their hands if I catch them......By the way......use a 1.3 SR Nova for work and the Scoob at weekends.
Old 04 May 2001, 09:04 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Scoob99,

If I were you I'd drive the Scoob to work and save the Nova for the MacDonalds car park.
Old 04 May 2001, 10:03 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

vicki i have seen your car driving through the witney area do you live local to that area.