Sponsored by:

Ebay dontcha just love it

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2014, 09:42 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ebay dontcha just love it

I found a wrx wagon I thought was worth looking at on ebay Sunday, I messaged the seller and arranged to view tomorrow as he was busy. Offered to buy it now and offered a deposit, very nice gent (sic) replied "I'd prefer if you viewed it first". Drew the cash out, arranged insurance and transport. Today I asked for the address and times and got this reply.

"Hi Steve

Apologies car now sold to family friend.

Regards
Chris

-wilko1011"

Why do Subaru's attract w****rs and wasters?

Last edited by edsel; 22 April 2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 22 April 2014, 09:47 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** happens.
Old 22 April 2014, 09:48 PM
Turner Tronics
Scooby Regular

i get this all the time
Old 22 April 2014, 09:55 PM
TH3_5T1G
Scooby Regular

Location: Somewhere halfway between heaven and hell, some call it earth!

I placed a deposit on a car very recently. The original deal was to trade my car in with it, with money on top. The guy kept screwing me around in changing the price of what he'd offer on my car and eventually played hardball saying 'I cant take it anymore so it'll have to be cash' I went and got a loan to cover the cash payment, provisionally sold my car, organised insurance, someone to travel the 500 mile round trip with me and time off work only for the guy to drop me a text at the last minute saying 'the rear diff has suddenly broke'

Needless to say I was pi55ed off, but then the little ***** refused to give me my deposit back saying that I could still collect the car in its state for the price already agreed. I was tempted to drive all the way up there to make sure I got my moneys worth on the car with a sledgehammer but there's just no point. Reported it to the police and moved on

Spot on about w***ers and wasters

Hope you get a good one soon
Old 22 April 2014, 10:11 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TH3_5T1G
I placed a deposit on a car very recently. The original deal was to trade my car in with it, with money on top. The guy kept screwing me around in changing the price of what he'd offer on my car and eventually played hardball saying 'I cant take it anymore so it'll have to be cash' I went and got a loan to cover the cash payment, provisionally sold my car, organised insurance, someone to travel the 500 mile round trip with me and time off work only for the guy to drop me a text at the last minute saying 'the rear diff has suddenly broke'

Needless to say I was pi55ed off, but then the little ***** refused to give me my deposit back saying that I could still collect the car in its state for the price already agreed. I was tempted to drive all the way up there to make sure I got my moneys worth on the car with a sledgehammer but there's just no point. Reported it to the police and moved on

Ouch! I would have definitely made the return journey,these people keep getting away with it. They need a wake up call.
Old 22 April 2014, 10:23 PM
Turner Tronics
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TH3_5T1G

The diff will have been broken before he put the ad up,should have met him in person just to tell him hes a waste of life
Old 22 April 2014, 11:50 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

My god you guys are making me cry with these story's is there any good left in the world (apart from sex drugs and rock n roll)some one needs to teach these men a lesson give me there number and I will get my mum to phone them. On a more serious note at least no money was spent on eBay dude and at least you didn't buy the car at full price then find a broken diff.
Old 22 April 2014, 11:54 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
My god you guys are making me cry with these story's is there any good left in the world (apart from sex drugs and rock n roll)some one needs to teach these men a lesson give me there number and I will get my mum to phone them. On a more serious note at least no money was spent on eBay dude and at least you didn't buy the car at full price then find a broken diff.
I rest my case.
Old 23 April 2014, 12:17 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

O.k fair I suppose not a good time to joke then.

Last edited by Carnut; 23 April 2014 at 12:37 AM.