ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Newbie - Blobeye Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2014, 03:41 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie - Blobeye Wagon

Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm looking to get back into a WRX after about 16 years. Originally bought a red 1993 JDM WRX when importing first started and have always fancied getting another as since then I've struggled to match the bang for buck and buzz I used to get.

I'm looking for a low mileage (circa 50k) late (05 55 06reg) Blobeye WRX Wagon in silver or black, ideally an SL with PPP and no mods.

I'm based in Edinburgh but I'm willing to travel for the right car so if you're thinking of selling or know someone who is then let me know.
Old 31 March 2014, 04:03 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by modrich
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm looking to get back into a WRX after about 16 years. Originally bought a red 1993 JDM WRX when importing first started and have always fancied getting another as since then I've struggled to match the bang for buck and buzz I used to get.

I'm looking for a low mileage (circa 50k) late (05 55 06reg) Blobeye WRX Wagon in silver or black, ideally an SL with PPP and no mods.

I'm based in Edinburgh but I'm willing to travel for the right car so if you're thinking of selling or know someone who is then let me know.
Welcome. Make sure to post some pics when you find one
Old 08 April 2014, 04:22 PM
grahamb
Scooby Newbie

Hi, are you still looking for a wagon? What's your budget?
Old 08 April 2014, 04:45 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

Hi Graham, I've put a deposit down on a Grey 05 WRX SL wagon, it gets delivered a week on Saturday.

What have you got?
Old 08 April 2014, 05:06 PM
grahamb
Scooby Newbie

Nice. I've got a black 05 SL Wagon with about 65k. its not a ppp, but has been sensibly modded similar to a ppp and remapped by steve simpson. I wasn't really thinking of selling it but might have been tempted for the right offer. They are great cars, you will enjoy owning one.
Old 08 April 2014, 08:45 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

I probably would have been interested, black was really my preferred colour until this grey one came along which I hadn't considered. The only mod it's got on it is an STi backbox fitted by the dealer as the standard twin pee shooter was looking a little shabby. I might go for a silicon intercooler Y pipe (in black) but not sure about the remap (...he says!)

One thing I will probably do first is get the leather repaired on the drivers seat side bolster as its looking a little tired. I know a good trimmer, just need to get hold of the leather to match.

What Y pipe/exhaust have you fitted to bring it up to PPP spec Graham?
Old 08 April 2014, 09:08 PM
grahamb
Scooby Newbie

I put the prodrive exhaust system on and an sti up pipe. Samco y pipe, green cotton air filter and uprated spark plugs. It mainly improves the torque and gives it that little bit more power.