Notices
Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive The UK's fastest Scoobies, compete against the clock, and head to head.

Scooby Shootout - Your support is needed

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2010, 06:50 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bigarf
well it rained and rained and rained.note to self,never again will i do the quarter mile with 650bhp worn semi slicks when its pissing it down of rain.its no fun doing 360's and ending up on the grass.
That was you .
I was woundering who that was........

There was a few near misses, Im surpised the Banana car survived the drive through the lake .... he was very lucky, but the car didnt run right afterwards and appeared to retire shortly afterwards, so maybe not that lucky?!?!
Old 03 October 2010, 07:12 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bigarf....Looked a bit like "bambi on ice" from where i was watching...

Last edited by Hammer man; 03 October 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03 October 2010, 07:25 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i no it rained thats why i didnt bother.....
sounds a real good day though if no body no s wtf happened lol
Old 03 October 2010, 07:37 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer man
Bigarf....Looked a bit like "bambi on ice" from where i was watching...
well thats one way to discribe it,sure didnt feel as gracefull as bambi as the world started spinning around.
Old 03 October 2010, 08:17 PM
WhiteWagonMan
Scooby Regular

Location: Trying to pull a 10 second 1/4 mile running a standard 2.0ltr engine...

cant believe this event even took place in those conditions,they should have cancelled it and re-scheduled.

Last edited by WhiteWagonMan; 03 October 2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: speeling mysteek
Old 03 October 2010, 09:28 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteWagonMan
cant believe this event even took place in those conditions,they should have cancelled it and re-scheduled.
Rubish, it was a right good laugh, if you were sensible it was safe as houses. Worn out tyres isnt a very wise choice, same as if you are on the road in the wet, anything under 4mm of tread and you're well down on tyre eficeiency for water clearing.

I won the standard class on the handling and set 2nd fastest overall Subaru time on the handling also. The RE070's were a lot of fun in those conditions.
Old 03 October 2010, 09:41 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

And Tez won Pro-Class in the Grudgement Day in a bug-eye WRX with some choice up-grades...

Well done Tez ! And JF of course...

dunx
Old 04 October 2010, 09:19 AM
COSSIE
Scooby Regular

I was there yesterday and really didnt understand how it was run at all (by the looks of it the organisers didnt either)

The day was very good apart from the awards bit at the end.

How come there where awards handed out for every class apart from the Modifed 4wd handling class where 2 Evo's came 1st and 2nd and 1st place put down the fastest 1/4 mile time of the day too and got nothing !!!!!

I would hope its not because they where EVO's they just got totally ignored, well until the last min when one of them got a best Evo award !!

But nothing what so ever for winning the class and setting the fastest 1/4 time of the day.
Old 04 October 2010, 10:02 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

wash out but good larf all the same, so crackign day out.

any get trouts spin? or the 22b drifting back into the pits after crossing the line?
Old 04 October 2010, 10:17 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by COSSIE

How come there where awards handed out for every class apart from the Modifed 4wd handling class where 2 Evo's came 1st and 2nd and 1st place put down the fastest 1/4 mile time of the day too and got nothing !!!!!

I would hope its not because they where EVO's they just got totally ignored, well until the last min when one of them got a best Evo award !!
The event was call the "scoobyshoot" out hence why we (the main sponsor)did not give out trophies to evo's!

The evo's were only entered as part of the grudgment day and not the shootout.

Hope this clears things up for you.
Old 04 October 2010, 10:24 AM
DubSub11
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
He's frustrated because he's got an extremely small *****.
Old 04 October 2010, 11:29 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE
That was you .
I was woundering who that was........

There was a few near misses, Im surpised the Banana car survived the drive through the lake .... he was very lucky, but the car didnt run right afterwards and appeared to retire shortly afterwards, so maybe not that lucky?!?!
After Gav took it through the lake it missfired when i drove it on the handling circuit, so i took it straight to the drag strip and gave it some beans, it cleared the missfire once it 4th and ran sweet as a nut after that.

At that point, i got wheelspin in 5th gear at 130 at the end of the drag strip, and lost control as i tried to slow for the return road. At that point, my bottle had enough, and decided to quit whilst ahead.

I was in 1st on the drag overall, and 4th overall at that point on the handling (with my only run, sighting lap). Gav was 3rd overall on the drag and 1st in the handling, so all in all the Banana did very well.

The monsoon then came, so the day ended anyway.

Must say a huge well done to Paul Martin in the blue evo, deserved more than he got. Set fastest time of the day in the handling and fastest quarter of the day. He also should have won the grudgement day, as he was entered in that, but he didnt get anything for some reason.

Steven

Last edited by P20SPD; 04 October 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04 October 2010, 12:05 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by P20SPD
After Gav took it through the lake it missfired when i drove it on the handling circuit, so i took it straight to the drag strip and gave it some beans, it cleared the missfire once it 4th and ran sweet as a nut after that.

At that point, i got wheelspin in 5th gear at 130 at the end of the drag strip, and lost control as i tried to slow for the return road. At that point, my bottle had enough, and decided to quit whilst ahead.

I was in 1st on the drag overall, and 4th overall at that point on the handling (with my only run, sighting lap). Gav was 3rd overall on the drag and 1st in the handling, so all in all the Banana did very well.

The monsoon then came, so the day ended anyway.

Must say a huge well done to Paul Martin in the blue evo, deserved more than he got. Set fastest time of the day in the handling and fastest quarter of the day. He also should have won the grudgement day, as he was entered in that, but he didnt get anything for some reason.

Steven
Thanks for the Info, what a quality day even though it was dreadful weather. The Banana did do very well, and of course its drivers .

Im just please that not many cars suffered long term affects of the harsh weather. I believe a few cars suffered mechanical failure but not directly weather related.

Im greatful that the day went ahead as normal and almost everyone made a hard effort of contribution to the day.

Not sure of the Grudgement awards etc, but as specialx said the day was mainly a 'Scooby'shootout, thus the evos were not awarded de prize.

The Monsoon arrived, I departed very swiftly in my soaked jeans (well prepared clothing then)

Rob
Old 04 October 2010, 01:33 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by COSSIE
I was there yesterday and really didnt understand how it was run at all (by the looks of it the organisers didnt either)

But nothing what so ever for winning the class and setting the fastest 1/4 time of the day.

Steven, they don't like evo's turning up and winning, like we have all year

The scoob lads are a good laugh and its always been very close in essence, would have been good to see some mention of the Evo's and appreciation though as you say
Old 04 October 2010, 01:34 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by specialx
The event was call the "scoobyshoot" out hence why we (the main sponsor)did not give out trophies to evo's!

The evo's were only entered as part of the grudgment day and not the shootout.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Im sure the £70 they all put in your tin pot didn't mean jack **** then either, cheers nice one

Evo's 1st and 2nd in mod 4wd class, everyone else got trophy's except these two lads....I won the pro class twice at other rounds and got a pot then...so whats the difference?

Last edited by JimmyBFC; 04 October 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04 October 2010, 01:57 PM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

Originally Posted by dunx
It rained... I turned up... Probably that pesky DBM Ev* !

LOL

dunx

thats was one fast car, could'nt believe the quater mile time it set in the rain
Old 04 October 2010, 01:57 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
Rubish, it was a right good laugh
No well only if you had a submarine i'd been drier swimming the Channel LOL
I won the standard class on the handling and set 2nd fastest overall Subaru time on the handling also. The RE070's were a lot of fun in those conditions.
John very smooth and tidy driving and well done

The wet sorts out the men and boys

My memory kept failing and only did one/two laps without a getting lost and just got frustrated but always went back on track so never gained any time advantage.

Tony
Old 04 October 2010, 03:53 PM
COSSIE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE
Thanks for the Info, what a quality day even though it was dreadful weather. The Banana did do very well, and of course its drivers .

Im just please that not many cars suffered long term affects of the harsh weather. I believe a few cars suffered mechanical failure but not directly weather related.

Im greatful that the day went ahead as normal and almost everyone made a hard effort of contribution to the day.

Not sure of the Grudgement awards etc, but as specialx said the day was mainly a 'Scooby'shootout, thus the evos were not awarded de prize.

The Monsoon arrived, I departed very swiftly in my soaked jeans (well prepared clothing then)

Rob
Thats fair enough i can see why people are getting upset, with Evo's turning up and kicking *** !!

When you go to a MLR event scooby or Evo if you win you get a trophy even though its mainly a EVO day.
Old 04 October 2010, 03:58 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
Im sure the £70 they all put in your tin pot didn't mean jack **** then either, cheers nice one

Evo's 1st and 2nd in mod 4wd class, everyone else got trophy's except these two lads....I won the pro class twice at other rounds and got a pot then...so whats the difference?

Hi,

the £70.00 didnt end up in our tin, it went to straightliners if you were a grudgment day entry or a scooby shootout entry, straightliners own the evnt and therefore all entry fees and gate takings are theirs. have a pair back !

We sponsored the scoobyshootout event after being offered the chance by Trevor Duckworth, the organizer from straightliners, this was due to the amount of cars we put into the event, grudgment day was nothing to do with us.

Get your facts straight.

On another note what a great day, rain or not it was a whole lot of fun, a big thanks to all the cars and drivers for making the event worth while.

Cheers
Kev
Old 04 October 2010, 04:28 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Gaffer
Hi,

the £70.00 didnt end up in our tin, it went to straightliners if you were a grudgment day entry or a scooby shootout entry, straightliners own the evnt and therefore all entry fees and gate takings are theirs. have a pair back !

We sponsored the scoobyshootout event after being offered the chance by Trevor Duckworth, the organizer from straightliners, this was due to the amount of cars we put into the event, grudgment day was nothing to do with us.

Get your facts straight.

On another note what a great day, rain or not it was a whole lot of fun, a big thanks to all the cars and drivers for making the event worth while.

Cheers
Kev

thought you'd have sumat to say, normally do....and same as always, get thi eard back int shed kev
Old 04 October 2010, 05:04 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Jimmy, do one you clown. Most of what you're saying is unsubstantiated crap!

The clue is in the name scooby shoot out. Admittedly there should have been prizes for the faster other marques. Atleast Evo's were invited. Look at the MLR 30-130 for instance Exclusively evos on the saturday and then the other marques on the sunday.

I'm sure you'd be first to bitch if anything turned up on the saturday and got the best time.

Last edited by dazdavies; 04 October 2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04 October 2010, 05:06 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

thought you'd have sumat to say, normally do....and same as always, get thi eard back int shed kev

Hi,

what I have had to say is simply the truth.

If you have a problem regarding the way the grudgement day was run take it up with them not us.

We simply sponsored the scooby shootout our duty was to provide prizes and trophies for that event, personally I wasnt even aware that the grudgement day was to run along side the shootout and was as surprised as anyone to see other cars there.

Glad they did run though as it made for a very entertaining day.

cheers
Kev
Old 04 October 2010, 05:11 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dazdavies

Hi,

Thanks Daz, truth be known it cost us a lot of money to sponsor the event and to sort out 10 race cars, it was a great day and well worth it.

At least our intervention has concreted the event into next years calendar.

Hope to see you all there again in 2011.

Cheers
Kev
Old 04 October 2010, 05:36 PM
eggy1005
Scooby Newbie

i was impressed that some people where getting tyre squeling in the conditions!
Old 04 October 2010, 06:01 PM
neverneverman
Scooby Regular

It was a great day ! Ish , Could of done with just a bit less water around !
Seemed to be only one other car there that could of beat my car on the 1/4 mile @ 10.6 and that was the bannana but i think Steven was a bit close to cloth to get a quicker time ! Lol
Also in the Handling the Bannana was very close but even with the monsoon i had the FTD @ Not sure of the exact time 37 ?

I know it was the Scooby shoot out ! But if you invite other make there should be the fastest car on the day as a seperate thing not just missed off !

But never mind see you guys at TOTB next year Lol
Old 04 October 2010, 06:26 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I was next to go behind you when you did your quick run paul. It sure as hell hooked up well although you were a little close to the lane markers at one point

They defo should of had a fastest other marques prize. Didnt you get an award for best Evo?
Old 04 October 2010, 06:28 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry, but thats not what happened at all.

For the main event, i.e Scooby Shootout there were 3 classes, Standard, Modified and Pro in 3 disiplines, handling, drag and top speed (the top speed was cancelled due to conditions).

I won the Standard class on the Handling course, and recieved no trophy for that. The Modified class winner also didnt recieve a trophy. The Pro class winner didnt recieve a trophy either. Same for the Drag course, no trophies were given to the class winners.

The only trophies given for Scooby shootout were to the top 3 overall, plus an overall winner with all displines added up. It was expected that they would come from the Pro class cars so Trevor used the Pro class times to give the awards, sadly the organisors made a mistake as i was 2nd overall on the handling in my Standard car, therefore i should have been given the 2nd place O/A trophy, hopefully that can be sorted out and i receive that in due course.

The other awards given as part of scooby shootout were for privateer entries, i won the top privateer award and recieved two gift vouchers courtesy of scooby clinic and Super Pro bushes, which was greatfully recieved.

All other awards given on the day were not part of scooby shootout, they were for the grudgement day event which was part of a championship run throughout the year. Had i entered that event also on the day, which was an option for everybody, i would have won an award on handling, but i didnt, so am quite happy to see the rightful drivers receive their trophies for that seperate event.

There were no awards given for non Subaru's running in scooby shootout, maybe that could be looked at for next year and give one award as the MLR do at their sprints.

The awards for the Scooby Shootout were published in advance, they were as follows.

Prizes for Sunday’s ScoobyClinic Scooby Shoot-Out.

ScoobyClinic are proud to sponsor all 3 events, handling, drag and top speed as follows:

Pro 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each event will win a trophy, followed by 1st, 2nd and 3rd for private entries (non tuner)

If any privateer places in the top 3 of any of the disciplines, the trophy will be theirs.

Private entries will receive:

Handling circuit Final:
Sponsored by ScoobyClinic and SuperPro Bushes

1st place: Medallion + £50 ScoobyClinic Voucher + £100 SuperPro Voucher
2nd place: Medallion + £25 ScoobyClinic Voucher + £50 SuperPro Voucher
3rd place: Medallion + ScoobyClinic Cap + £25 SuperPro Voucher

Drag Final:
Sponsored by ScoobyClinic and Whiteline Suspension

1st place: Medallion + £50 ScoobyClinic Voucher + Whiteline Front ARB, Rear ARB and anti lift kit
2nd place: Medallion + £25 ScoobyClinic Voucher + Whitleline Front and rear drop links
3rd place: Medallion + ScoobyClinic Cap + Whiteline Anti lift kit

Top Speed Final:
Sponsored by ScoobyClinic and Prolong Lubricants

1st place: Medallion + £50 ScoobyClinic Voucher + Prolong Oil and goodie pack
2nd place: Medallion + £25 ScoobyClinic Voucher + Prolong Oil and goodie pack
3rd place: Medallion + ScoobyClinic Cap + Prolong Oil and goodie pack

There is also a special trophy for best overall car/driver of the day.
Thanks very much to the organisors and to Scooby Clinic for stepping up and making the event happen, it's very much apreciated. Now can i have me trophy please.

Last edited by johnfelstead; 04 October 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04 October 2010, 06:36 PM
Danny_P
Scooby Regular

You’ve really got to admire Kev/Scooby Clinic, most certainly a case of damned if they do or damned if they don’t.

They sponsored the event, got together 10 cars, provided prizes, dished out trophies and, no doubt, spent a significant chunk of the day providing free advice to all and sundry. It will have been a long day for all concerned, the weather was challenging to say the least and the very fact the event lasted as long as it did is a testament to the organisers, competitors and spectators alike.

Well done to all involved.
Old 04 October 2010, 06:43 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but thats not what happened at all.

For the main event, i.e Scooby Shootout there were 3 classes, Standard, Modified and Pro in 3 disiplines, handling, drag and top speed (the top speed was cancelled due to conditions).

I won the Standard class on the Handling course, and recieved no trophy for that. The Modified class winner also didnt recieve a trophy. The Pro class winner didnt recieve a trophy either. Same for the Drag course, no trophies were given to the class winners.

The only trophies given for Scooby shootout were to the top 3 overall, plus an overall winner with all displines added up. It was expected that they would come from the Pro class cars so Trevor used the Pro class times to give the awards, sadly the organisors made a mistake as i was 2nd overall on the handling in my Standard car, therefore i should have been given the 2nd place O/A trophy, hopefully that can be sorted out and i receive that in due course.

The other awards given as part of scooby shootout were for privateer entries, i won the top privateer award and recieved two gift vouchers courtesy of scooby clinic and Super Pro bushes, which was greatfully recieved.

All other awards given on the day were not part of scooby shootout, they were for the grudgement day event which was part of a championship run throughout the year. Had i entered that event also on the day, which was an option for everybody, i would have won an award on handling, but i didnt, so am quite happy to see the rightful drivers receive their trophies for that seperate event.

There were no awards given for non Subaru's running in scooby shootout, maybe that could be looked at for next year and give one award as the MLR do at their sprints.

The awards for the Scooby Shootout were published in advance, they were as follows.

Thanks very much to the organisors and to Scooby Clinic for stepping up and making the event happen, it's very much apreciated. Now can i have me trophy please.

John, this was my point, it was still a grudgement day attatched to the scoobyshootout, at the other rounds there have been trophy's...so what i couldn't understand is why its suddenly changed? Fair do's....its only a bit of plastic and metal but its the principle that they were given out on other occaisons, hell, they have even given me two this year lol
Old 04 October 2010, 06:55 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies

The clue is in the name scooby shoot out. Admittedly there should have been prizes for the faster other marques. Atleast Evo's were invited. Look at the MLR 30-130 for instance Exclusively evos on the saturday and then the other marques on the sunday.

I'm sure you'd be first to bitch if anything turned up on the saturday and got the best time.

Whilst you've been busy pottering around on your front lawn building your thing, others have been using their cars, and a few at these events this year....

My point, like I made on John's post, was why suddenly after 5 rounds where Straightliners acknowledge Evo's and other makes do they decide that Trophy's shouldn't be awarded to them, all because of the name of an event?

Paul won't give a crap about getting one or not, but as you suggested I did on specJap I did talk to him , the one and only one he got was basically a spare....myself included all paid £70 so not being "counted" is a bit of a letdown, thats all, nothing major, no disaster, but just think its weird how its suddenly changed, as Ive said, Paul just gets on with doing what he's good at, and he won't give a rats ****, its just the principle.

As for a clown, who builds a car over 2 years or so and then puts £50 a pop tyres on it and uses that as the excuse it did crap?

And as I love motorsport and have owned scoobs in the past and now moved on, I wouldn't care less if a scoob turned up at a MLR 30-130mph and got quickest time of the day, why would I?

Quick Reply: Scooby Shootout - Your support is needed