Green Impreza WRX Wagon Build

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2014, 02:25 AM
Tom163
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green Impreza WRX Wagon Build

Hi all,

This is the first instalment of what is going to be a long-ish journey I will be taking with my newly acquired Impreza WRX Wagon in Savanna Green Metallic. This particular car was owned from new by an old Subaru dealer (Chapmans Of Pickering) as a demo car and it was pretty spec'd out with all the toys so they could show off their cars I imagine but for me it was more knowing it had been looked after no matter what (serviced every 5 to 7K on the dot)...after the dealer it was owned by 1 woman and my friend Mark who I then purchased it from .

To be honest I never really looked into Imprezas much but when I saw my friend was selling this one I decided to pop over to have a look round. The first time I sat in the bucket sport seat and started it up I was in love! the feeling of the engines power behind the wheel and the road presence sold it to me without much hesitation at all.

Mark explained to me how special this car is in the rare green colour, having a Webasto Sun Roof, Subaru Cat 1 Alarm System W/Pin Pad, premium audio system, uprated Head Lights, Splitter kit all round along with having a few extras he has added. But to be honest I was'nt too sure until I joined a Subaru forum and put up a welcome thread, instantly I got told from 1 front picture how the colour was rare and also the different headlights were not too common so it sort of sealed what had been told to me .

Aswel as the dealer added extras the car has a full turbo back 2.5' Prodrive exhaust system, the 3rd cat has been de-catted, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Filter & the car has been remapped but the boost pressure has not been altered one bit to keep the engine safe as houses! its estimated to be running around 240-250 BHP but I will get this verified by a dyno soon.

I think I will stop jabbering on now and post some pictures of the car after a detail session......

Even still has tire shine on the spare!!

So thats all up to yet I think.....I think engine wise I will not be pushing for much more power at all maybe to 300 BHP and leave it there. This project will be more about getting it to look as aggressive as it moves .

More to follow.

Thanks

Last edited by Tom163; 04 September 2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07 July 2014, 02:31 AM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Always liked that green on modded bugeyes. Look forward to seeing how you get on.
Old 11 July 2014, 02:08 AM
Tom163
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate.
Old 11 July 2014, 02:09 AM
Tom163
Scooby Regular

Not a big update I am afriad....getting through a bit of needed maintainence before the tuning begins so it will be a little boring lol. I have got the car booked in for the 1st of August at Sheffield Subaru Servicing due to the numerous great reviews, having the oil + filter, gear oil & diff oil done so then all servicing is up to date for another 7k .

Received my new brakepads from Scoobyworld the other day, I didn't decide to go for Redstuff in the end due to not running big power yet or doing track/alot of fast road driving so went with Subarus OEM pads for £50 cant argue for the price really. They were here the next day aswel which was nice.

As some of you may have saw I was asking about touch up paint a few days ago. I bit the bullet and went with a company off Ebay and to be honest I am quite suprised! the paint on the brush and paper looks a great match and they even sent me some cleaning cloths and wet & dry sandpaper if it was needed I will again update when the the paint is on the car with the colour match and so on...

Finally I had a boost guage lying around so I am going to pop that in aswel when I get a single pod for it....I wont be going guage crazy but I am a frim believe in knowing exactly what the engines doing pressure and temp wise so will be invesing in a OBD computer (Scangauge etc) aswel soon for digital gauges.

Thats all for now
Old 16 July 2014, 09:10 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

fast wagons are the coolest
Old 16 July 2014, 10:23 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trails
I love fast wagons they are the coolest one day if I ever get off my *** I might have a wagon that even drives...
EFA

Last edited by JGlanzaV; 16 July 2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 16 July 2014, 10:32 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Add an Sti front end conversions to the list. Looking forward to seeing how you get on - good luck.
Old 16 July 2014, 10:41 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
EFA
Mawahahahaha
Old 16 July 2014, 11:21 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked it till you started talking about 'stance' and godzila stickers Nice car and rare in that colour yes, special car mmmm no, desirable ? a bit marmite like all bugeyes Enjoy looks like a tidy wagon atm
Old 16 July 2014, 11:36 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53
I liked it till you started talking about 'stance' and godzila stickers Nice car and rare in that colour yes, special car mmmm no, desirable ? a bit marmite like all bugeyes Enjoy looks like a tidy wagon atm
I only saw the word wagon in the title and photobucket is blocked at work...have I got to edit my post Stu
Old 16 July 2014, 12:07 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Do like that dark green colour, looks nice motor
Old 16 July 2014, 01:24 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

When it comes to jdm cars, In fact it applies to all cars. The term "Godzilla" is reserved for the skyline bnr32 gtr. Just doesn't work with any other car in my opinion, I'd leave it out....

Looks a nice clean example you have there
Old 16 July 2014, 05:23 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Will watch this thread with interest

Green wagon will always rule the roads
Very rare bugeye in that colour and even more as a wagon
Old 04 September 2014, 06:21 PM
Tom163
Scooby Regular

Hey guys, been away for a while so didn't see the comments on the thread. First of all thanks for all the nice comments second of all you will all be happy to know I have scrapped this Godzilla naming rubbish and I have re-done my virtual shopping list with alot less stickers and tat that is not needed.

Again not a huge update due to financial responsibilities but got a nice front splitter finished in gloss black to help the fronts presence...just need an STI scoop and prodrive grill to finish the front off nicely. I also picked up a Skunk2 weighted gear **** which being green on the top suits the car .

Soon to come will be lowering the wagon a bit on some Eibach springs & a straight through custom made up pipe to replace my cracked/blowing one as I think I am loosing power.
Old 04 September 2014, 06:25 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Nice car mate,look forward to seeing it develop.SJ.
Old 04 September 2014, 06:30 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is it called godzilla??

i think this name is already used by one of the muppets on sioc. those tools like to name cars godzilla and vader like a load of ten year old then proceed to attach every crap ebay stick on mod imaginable.
Old 04 September 2014, 06:34 PM
Tom163
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Nice car mate,look forward to seeing it develop.SJ.
Thanks mate

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
why is it called godzilla??

i think this name is already used by one of the muppets on sioc. those tools like to name cars godzilla and vader like a load of ten year old then proceed to attach every crap ebay stick on mod imaginable.
Its not....read the latest update.....
Old 04 September 2014, 06:34 PM
Tom163
Scooby Regular

Any chance a mod can edit the title for me please? Just to remove the Godzilla bit.

Thanks
Old 04 September 2014, 07:07 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Splitter looks good... Please don't put a blob still scoop on it you will ruin it
Old 04 September 2014, 07:11 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tom163
Any chance a mod can edit the title for me please? Just to remove the Godzilla bit.

Thanks
Drop the mods a PM in the Scoobynet Policy section
Old 04 September 2014, 07:48 PM
Tom163
Scooby Regular

I am on the hunt for a bug STI scoop but they seem rare (?) don't think they are as aggressive as the blob ones are they? And thanks for the tip ill pm one of the guys.

😊