Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

TL1000r for sale

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2009, 01:51 PM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TL1000r for sale

Its a sad day, but with the arrival of my new R1, its time to sell my TL1000r.

I've owned this for over a year and have done in excess of 7000miles on it, without any faults, issues or anything!! It is a true testament to its build quality. I have used this bike pretty much every day, and its never let me down - I am only selling it, as I now have a newer Yamaha R1 so this is now surplus to requirements - I have religiously serviced this bike, with a new Chain, Sprockets, Brake Pads, Oil and Filter being fitted less than 1000 miles ago.

She comes with a few tasteful modifications which enhance both the performance and comfort.

Blue Tinted Double Bubble screen

URABANe Exhaust system (these are simply epic exhausts!!) I have also had some removable baffles custom made for these - these help with MOT's and track days

Anodised Bar Ends

Crash mushrooms on the Fairings

Enhanced Charging wiring loom

Spyball Alarm System Fitted - This even has a remote start system available!

The Bike has also had the following items fitted in the past 6 months

New pair of Bridgestone BT021r tyres

Both front Calipers have been stripped and reconditioned, brake fluid flushed and fitted with new EBC pads

New DID Chain

New Front and Rear Sprockets

New OEM Air Filter

New Rear Disc Pads

New Yusa Battery

New NGK Spark Plugs

New Oil and oil filter

Full Coolant Flush and change

Replacement Regulator/Rectifier

As you can see, the bike has been maintained regardless of cost! It has both the Rear Hump and pillion seat available and just for ease of mind I will perform another oil and filter change so its ready for the new owner!

The bike has only a few minor blemishes to the bodywork. The major points are a small crack in the fairing by one of the crash mushrooms - this is about 1 ½ inches long and not noticable unless you REALLY look for it, this was caused by me over tightening the securing bolt. The only other item to mention is that the top of the rear hump has a scratch about the size of a 50p coin. It has been "touched up" and has never bothered me, but it is much better to be honest about these things! None of these defects do anything to detract from the overall beauty of this bike, but as I said, I'm quite fastidious about my bikes, so better to mention it so you know what you're getting.

Any Inspection is welcome and test rides are invited, as long as you can provide proof of insurance and full payment as a deposit

£2500 ono

Possible PX considered for a cheaper commuter bike, something like an aprillia pegaso, BMW f650, supermoto etc... As winter is coming and I dont want to risk the R1

Old 15 September 2009, 08:26 AM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 17 September 2009, 08:18 AM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

bttt...