Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

1999 V Subaru imprezza sti 5 (V) Wagon Silver 6 pots/prodrive suspension + more

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2010, 11:34 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1999 V Subaru imprezza sti 5 (V) Wagon Silver 6 pots/prodrive suspension + more

Genuine 1999 V Subaru imprezza sti 5 (V) Wagon silver 107,000 miles
MOT due May 2010 tax due June 2010
Engine and gearbox standard with many desirable performance and styling modifications as listed below.

Purchased by myself in November 2008 from Glenburgie Subaru with 99,000 miles.
One previous owner from new, car was imported and supplied new in 1999 by David Hendry cars at a cost of £26,000.

All UK mileage.
Regularly maintained by Glenburgie throughout its ownership from 1999-2008 in Scotland

Original engine and gearbox, in very good condition.
Mechanically superb.

Features:
Engine and drivetrain:
standard sti 5 300ps
Aftermarket aluminium radiator

Brakes:
Wilwood 6 pots on the front with drilled and grooved discs
Wilwood 4 pots on the rear with drilled and grooved discs.
Braided SS lines all around
I paid £2k fitted for the brakes on this car.

Suspension:
Prodrive professional suspension kit (PDSK-IMP99A & B) – complete set of new springs and dampers made by eibach/bilstein to prodrives specifiacations.
Whiteline ARBs front and rear
Whiteline alloy drop links
Whiteline castor (anti lift) kit
The suspension set up on this car cost me £2k fitted and aligned.

Exhaust:
100 Cell sports Cat with Fujitsubo stainless cat back exhaust.

Body styling:
P1 front Splitter
C west side skirts
C west rear skirts
De tangoed

Wheels:
17” Subaru alloys from a new shape WRX fitted with new 215/40/17 vredestein ultrac Sessanta tyres last summer.

In car entertainment:
Pro sport stepper boost guage, also have oil temp and pressure gauges but these are not fitted.
Comes with unbranded DVD/CD flip out 7” TV entertainment system with digital TV tuner.

Cat 1 allarm/immobiliser

Usual sti 5 features including:
300ps engine
Sti body badges
Sti gauges
Sti interior
Short shift gear lever
Long 5th gear
8k prm redline
Larger sti rear spoilers
Body coloured door handles
Electric windows
Clear STI rear lights

Mechanically superb.
Had major service last May with splugs, ancilliary belts, coolant flush, brakes bled and flushed, gearbox oil changed, oil and filter changed, air filter changed.

Cambelt done at 60k miles, due again at 120k miles.

Condition is very good, the car has been used but not abused.

Engine is very powerful, gearbox is very smooth. No knocks or rattles anywhere. Drives better than a lot of cars with half the mileage.

This wagon has been very tastefully modded, I purchased it as a standard sti 5 in November 2008 and then transferred the suspension, brakes and exhaust from my old WRX wagon. These parts were aquired in 2006 brand new by myself. The brakes came from Gruppe-s in the USA and the suspension came from a Subaru dealer in Swindon (I forget the name now). Whiteline parts supplied by demon tweaks.

Car drives very well, and its extremely well balanced for a fast road set up. Pulls all the way to 8k prm, stops as you’d expect with such a good brake set up and is very well composed through the corners.

For sale due to changing needs, I am going to purchase a 7 seater shogun as I am continually lugging things around with my job and have no need for 2 cars at the moment.

There are £5k+ worth of parts alone on this car when you consider the brakes, suspension, exhaust and body kit. Please do not be put off viewing this car due to the mileage, it really is in very good condition.

Bad bits.
P1 front splitter not a great fit, there are a few gaps where it meets the bumper.
Car has some signs of rust here and there. Nothing on the bodywork.
Front left indicator does not flash – I replaced the lights with clear lights last month, I pulled the wire too hard when fitting the new bulb and it snapped, needs locating and rewiring.
Few light dents and scratches here and there, nothing major, the type of thing you find on a 10 year old impreza as they do have very thin lightweight panels.
The alarm is tempramental - will explain this in full to interested party's.

pm for number if interested

£4995 ono
better pictures to follow once the weather improves

Last edited by borat52; 05 January 2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08 January 2010, 11:33 AM
BattyTwollox
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous wagon mate.Why are you putting a dolphin on the roof?? lol