Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

GT BEETLE FOR SALE 1972 EXCELLENT CONDITION

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2007, 09:29 AM
Motleybeast
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT BEETLE FOR SALE 1972 EXCELLENT CONDITION

OK, so it's not a Subaru, but this is my other toy. I finally have to sell my GT Beetle due to lack of space. It's an original lemon yellow GT Beetle with the original engine and gearbox. If you are unfamiliar with this model, it's a limited edition (2500 I think) that was produced when VW made the transition to the later shape bodyshell (1303 type). So it's a bizarre mix of the old (lighter) shell and suspension, but with the later 1600cc engine, disc brakes and lights, etc.

The condition is very good and original throughout although it's had a respray in the last 10 years. There are a couple of areas where the paint is beginning to bubble, but there's no serious rot.

The engine has been lightly modified, and produced about 80bhp at the flywheel when it went on a rolling road (better than the 55bhp that it had originally). It has twin Dellortos, ported heads, lightened flywheel, uprated distributor, alternator and a free flowing exhaust. I still have most of the original hardware (except the carb, but I've still got the manifold, airbox,exhaust, etc) so it can be put back to factory spec in an afternoon.

The suspension has been stiffened up a bit with a front anti-roll bar and adjustable dampers all round.

Brakes have been recently reconditioned, and it's made the car a joy to drive, but unfortunately it has to go . I'm open to offers, but I'm hoping for somewhere around £2500.

If your interested or have a friend, family member interested give me a buzz or mail.

Im in Banbury, Oxfordshire.

collier100@hotmail.co.uk
07769 665041

Thanks