Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

2003 WRX BLOBEYE FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2004, 10:40 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 WRX BLOBEYE FOR SALE

Silver Euro import bought from David Hendry in Malmesbury in May 2003 for 18,250.

Modified with all the classic impreza mods:
  • TEK 3 ECU REMAP
  • FULL DECAT H&S EXHAUST
  • EIBACHS
  • PAGID FAST ROAD BRAKE SET UP (DISKS, PADS, HOSES)
  • 18" Aerospeed KEI racing alloys
  • Eagle F1s
  • Alpine Head unit
  • Prodrive gear ****
  • All engine and brake mods by xtreme scoobies, call Knowlesey he'll confirm!
  • cost of mods about 4k
  • Tax for 7 months
  • Estimated 285 BHP
  • I nearly forgot it has a trackstar too.
What more do you want to know? please call me on 07776 228 398 or PM me but I have gaps in time when I check scoobynet! or email me on adam.ramsay@mitie.co.uk and I can send some pictures. It's on ebay with a reserve of the same price as below.

Price, 13,950 which is a great price for a fully sorted blob eye with only 22k miles on it. UK versions unmodded are around the the 16k plus mark.

Interior is immaculate. Exterior about three unremarkable and probably wouldn't notice minor scrapes or dings. two windscreen dings (not a replacement issue). I am just being honest. Otherwise looks brand new.

I have got a new job meaning lots of motorway miles and it seems a shame to be doing it in this car, also currently thinking of going for the company car.

I have owned a classic and I like this one much more as it is more refined and much stiffer chassis. With the mods it flies. The brake upgrade is an absolute eye opener, I was really impressed when I had it done.

Anyway, over to you guys and hope you like it!

Cheers
Old 28 October 2004, 08:48 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

boing
Old 31 October 2004, 03:23 PM
Joel555
Scooby Newbie

Have you still got the original alloys, and have the mods increased the insurance much?

Originally Posted by Wrexy27
Silver Euro import bought from David Hendry in Malmesbury in May 2003 for 18,250.

Modified with all the classic impreza mods:
  • TEK 3 ECU REMAP
  • FULL DECAT H&S EXHAUST
  • EIBACHS
  • PAGID FAST ROAD BRAKE SET UP (DISKS, PADS, HOSES)
  • 18" Aerospeed KEI racing alloys
  • Eagle F1s
  • Alpine Head unit
  • Prodrive gear ****
  • All engine and brake mods by xtreme scoobies, call Knowlesey he'll confirm!
  • cost of mods about 4k
  • Tax for 7 months
  • Estimated 285 BHP
  • I nearly forgot it has a trackstar too.
What more do you want to know? please call me on 07776 228 398 or PM me but I have gaps in time when I check scoobynet! or email me on adam.ramsay@mitie.co.uk and I can send some pictures. It's on ebay with a reserve of the same price as below.

Price, 13,950 which is a great price for a fully sorted blob eye with only 22k miles on it. UK versions unmodded are around the the 16k plus mark.

Interior is immaculate. Exterior about three unremarkable and probably wouldn't notice minor scrapes or dings. two windscreen dings (not a replacement issue). I am just being honest. Otherwise looks brand new.

I have got a new job meaning lots of motorway miles and it seems a shame to be doing it in this car, also currently thinking of going for the company car.

I have owned a classic and I like this one much more as it is more refined and much stiffer chassis. With the mods it flies. The brake upgrade is an absolute eye opener, I was really impressed when I had it done.

Anyway, over to you guys and hope you like it!

Cheers
Old 31 October 2004, 05:50 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

no I haven't got the orignals but I'm sure you could buy some pretty easily on here if you wanted.

Yes the insurance was more but still acceptable for me (from Tesco) I have lots of no claims.

Cheers
Old 06 November 2004, 06:11 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

Default BOING!

hey I just reduced the price to 13250

any one interested?
Old 06 November 2004, 10:05 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

have u got the link for it on ebay mate?

any pics?
colour?
Old 09 November 2004, 10:04 AM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

It is silver.

Give me an email address and I can send you some pictures. Or if someone can explain how I post to this forum then I will do that.

the ebay auction has ended.

I will probably re list it on ebay shortly.

Cheers

Originally Posted by AsianGunner
have u got the link for it on ebay mate?

any pics?
colour?
Old 09 November 2004, 10:06 AM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

I meant to add I am now going to list on ebay with a reserve of 12,250 which means I will accept offers in excess of that figure.

I have found a car I want to buy you see.

Thanks
Old 09 November 2004, 11:12 AM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

Here is the link to the ebay listing.

I hope it works

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting
Old 09 November 2004, 11:43 AM
The Fixer
Scooby Regular

It would be better to say look on ebay and search items by seller in the name of adjoesar or item number 4502943285 as I'm sure the mods will remove your ebay link soon.
Old 10 November 2004, 09:01 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Conrad_Bradley
It would be better to say look on ebay and search items by seller in the name of adjoesar or item number 4502943285 as I'm sure the mods will remove your ebay link soon.
Thanks for the tip, BTW why would they remove the link?

Cheers
Old 10 November 2004, 10:48 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam,
Can you tell me where the 'dings' are please, and how big they are, just asking for info at this stage, seems too cheap!
Old 11 November 2004, 09:28 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

Hi Ron,

It is cheap but I bought it cheap so I am not hooked on getting top money as I am being realistic. As long as I don't lose too much I'm happy and knowing it goes to someone who is a scoob enthusiast is pretty important.

Ding-wise, there are two small dings which are difficult to 'iron' out on the right hand side rear behind the passenger door but you can hardly see them, I am just being totally honest. I reversed not very hard into a wooden bollard so the rear bumper has a small crease near the number plate, I can live with it but being picky it is not perfect. The windscreen has two stone chips but they are fixable I am told. The wheels have no dings that I have noticed. there are no stone chips to the bonnet or roof. There are one or two very minor scuffs which can be polished out located on left rear bumper and left front passenger door. I really cannot think of anything else.

This really is a chance to buy a blobeye for bugeye or even decent classic money and that is because it is a euro import and I bought it cheaply - no catch. In fact you can trace the original purchase from David Hendry, all the mods done by extreme scoobies and my period of ownership. I don't have the standard wheels or exhaust but Knowlesey at Extreme told me he could keep me one for free if I wanted as he takes off and bins so many of them. Standard alloys wise I am sure that you could pick some up off here if that was your thing.

The inside is immaculate, nothing more to say. It has an alpine single CD head unit and a prodrive gear ****. I spent almost a grand getting the trackstar fitted and doing the brake upgrades, otherwise the previous owner who was a doctor and who I got to know pretty well did all the other mods and how I got to speak to extreme and verify everything. They did the brake mods also and serviced it at 19k.

Do give me a call if you like but this really is a genuine chance to get a well sorted and good condition low mileage blobeye for not much money. I like changing my car regularly and I always try to find bargains and I think I got one when I bought this so I am quite happy to get a reasonable price for it as opposed to top whack as I have not spent my life, soul and family inheritance on it!

Cheers

Adam

Mileage wise I bought it at 16k and it is now on 23,500 and I have changed the oil twice and run it on optimax and looked after it.

Originally Posted by RON
Adam,
Can you tell me where the 'dings' are please, and how big they are, just asking for info at this stage, seems too cheap!
Old 11 November 2004, 10:32 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that comprehensive reply, I wasn't really questioning the price, I am considering changing my yr 2000 classic at some point, but it's going to take a very special car I think, and sadly for you, yours isn't, to me anyway. Sorry.

Good luck.

Ron.
Old 12 November 2004, 05:44 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Smile

What a lovely car your selling! I recently sold my WRX 03 PPP and bought an Evo 7 FQ 300, and hand on my heart, I miss my Scooby so very much, to the point that I will sell my Evo soon and either get 03 WRX or 03 STi. If I had just sold my Evo, you would very likely have a buyer for your super car.
Old 12 November 2004, 08:11 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

Blimey, well good luck with selling FQ 300. I never even got round to testing one although I did walk into the gates of hell and looked around a Mitsi showroom once...

I very much like my car but it seems the newer wrxs / imprezas are not quite as popular as the original classic - which is strange because it is a much nicer car to live with.

This does mean that someone will get super car performance for secondhand mondeo money. Its a funny old world. anyway I enjoy it everytime I own a scooby and no doubt I will own another some day soon.

Right now I need an m-way tourer which makes Jack a dull boy (temporarily)..

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
What a lovely car your selling! I recently sold my WRX 03 PPP and bought an Evo 7 FQ 300, and hand on my heart, I miss my Scooby so very much, to the point that I will sell my Evo soon and either get 03 WRX or 03 STi. If I had just sold my Evo, you would very likely have a buyer for your super car.
Old 15 November 2004, 11:07 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest, did this sell??
Old 15 November 2004, 11:20 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ron, put that cheque book down ! LOL
Old 15 November 2004, 11:23 PM