Notices
Private For Sale - Car Parts & Accessories Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

Rare anthracite STi Alloys (ex WR1) with Michelin Winter Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2007, 12:56 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare anthracite STi Alloys (ex WR1) with Michelin Winter Tyres

I have for sale a set of 4 very rare 7.5 x 17inch STi alloys. These are factory finished in an anthracite colour, and were the wheels that were fitted to the WR1s when they first landed in the UK, before prodrive fitted the 18 inch PFF7s to them. They will fit any Impreza up to the 2005 cars, when the new PCD was introduced on the STi.

They have my winter tyres fitted (about 5k miles in total) in 225/45x17. These are the superb Michelin Alpin PA2 mud & snow tyres, which are one of the best winter tyres you can get. They are H rated, so you can drive up to 130mph with them fitted! You have to work hard to break traction in snow (needs full boost!), and braking is transformed. Most of the time, you cannot tell that the roads even have snow on them they are that good. They work better than normal/summer tyres on cold/wet roads as well - stopping up to 7m shorter on a damp/wet road at 7 degrees C or below from 60mph than a normal summer/sports tyre, and they seem to stop you on snow covered/icy roads in about 1/3 to 1/2 of the distance of normal tyres - without any of the drama!

The tyres still have about 7mm of tread all round, so they are barely used. The downside to these tyres is that on dry roads, the soft sidewalls give a very spongy feel to the steering, and the chunky/flexible tread blocks with lots of sipes mean that dry grip isn't as good as normal tyres, but they are very quiet in terms of road noise!

Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2

These tyres are about £130 each new without fitting (see www.mytyres.co.uk), so you could probably get a set of 4 fitted for about £550.

The wheels are in generally good condition (run 100% true, never kerbed etc), but they do have some marks where the original hammer-on balance weights were fitted , and there's a few very small scratches/stone chips if you look at them close up. I'll be honest and admit that I never cleaned behind the spokes of the wheels during winter, so they have lots of brake dust deposits built up behind the spokes. It didn't bother me, as I only used them during winter, but you may want to spend a few hours cleaning them all up if you have the time. There's also some very small bubbles around the very inside edge of one or two spokes if you look closely.

Reason for sale: The new STi has a different PCD to the old one, so the wheels won't fit!

Price: Looking for around £500 for the wheels and tyres.

Will I split them ? Obviously it's easier for me to sell them as a package, but I would be prepared to split them if no-one was interested in both the wheels and tyres. I would be happy to keep the tyres for the new car if someone just wanted the wheels (offers plus cost of removing tyres).

Would prefer local collection, but could deliver to anywhere within the Aberdeen/shire area, or down at Knockhill on Saturday 26th May (when I can get the tyres expertly removed by Wheels Around).

Please contact me preferrably by email on john@sidc.co.uk, or by PM (can't check so regularly during the day).

John

Old 25 April 2007, 01:35 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now provisionally sold