ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Swindon Meets (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/997778-swindon-meets.html)

domino46 25 March 2015 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Civic Duty (Post 11652383)
Where is the meet on the 14th going to be?

The next one is being held at emersons green beefeater in bristol 1pm ,, join up and get your name down as there is prob a convoy from your area coming as we have members from all over the UK now ,, either way please come and make yourself known as we are a very friendly bunch who love to meet new members :thumb:

fl@ four 25 March 2015 10:38 AM

Isn't the next meet on the 19th?

domino46 25 March 2015 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by fl@ four (Post 11652655)
Isn't the next meet on the 19th?

Yes correct ,, sorry my bad it being held on the 19th ,, not sure where I got the 14th from lol :lol:

fl@ four 26 March 2015 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 11653023)
Yes correct ,, sorry my bad it being held on the 19th ,, not sure where I got the 14th from lol :lol:

Cool. I might join you guys, will confirm nearer the time

Edmondo 28 March 2015 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11651189)
Where about in swindon did you used to hold the meets?

Alternativelly we could all meet in swindon for next BBS meet and travel down there alltogether, i will get onto BBS forum and have a look if they are meetin then

Used to be the last Friday evening of the month at the Sun Inn

Edmondo 28 March 2015 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11650568)
If there enough of us in swindon then we cloulld always have a little meet somewhere in the pub round swindon? Or even go and join bbs but go down to their meets as a group ?

Let us know if you do

Edmondo 28 March 2015 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by mickeymouse (Post 11652242)
Looks a good turn out:thumb:

What sort of power was people making??

What did you get yourself?

Really wish I had gone :cry:

Me and my lad went - it was a good day

My version 5 STI made 286 / 243
My lad's version 3 STI made 302 / 253

See loads of scoobies around Swindon but very few wave

Have to laugh a couple of times we have seen scoobies come down our road - stop outside our house cos there is 2 classics on the drive and then drive off again lol

Impreza2417 28 March 2015 01:16 PM

I wont be at the meet on the 19th as have commitments but would be great to see some more Swindon members. Ive been a BBSCOOBYS member for 3 years now and would be great to convoy to the meets and events at Coombe, come and see us at the club stand at Performance car action day if you can?

Im known as Jimbo in the club and have a blue blob ending OMX.

mickeymouse 28 March 2015 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Edmondo (Post 11654886)
Me and my lad went - it was a good day

My version 5 STI made 286 / 243
My lad's version 3 STI made 302 / 253

See loads of scoobies around Swindon but very few wave

Have to laugh a couple of times we have seen scoobies come down our road - stop outside our house cos there is 2 classics on the drive and then drive off again lol

I certainly don't see as many as I used to.. I always give a little wave also.. But I don't think I ever had a response back..!!

I've seen you around many times.. You got a black classic with stickers on??

Edmondo 28 March 2015 03:57 PM

I used to have a dark classic with Red Bull Graphics.......I have now got a silver version 5 STI and my young un has a version 3 STI

Filski 29 March 2015 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mickeymouse (Post 11655039)
I certainly don't see as many as I used to.. I always give a little wave also.. But I don't think I ever had a response back..!!

I've seen you around many times.. You got a black classic with stickers on??

I had a wave in Swindon from blue blob wagon once in Swindon I usually wave or flash, had a lot more responses from people in classics though:)

Filski 29 March 2015 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Edmondo (Post 11654875)
Used to be the last Friday evening of the month at the Sun Inn

Originally Posted by Edmondo (Post 11654880)
Let us know if you do

Yeah will do I mean there is nothing wrong with having little meet up in Swindon even with people that are already part of bbs, as surely 5 min trip down the road is easier than 50 miles to Bristol:)

Edmondo 29 March 2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11655469)
Yeah will do I mean there is nothing wrong with having little meet up in Swindon even with people that are already part of bbs, as surely 5 min trip down the road is easier than 50 miles to Bristol:)

Looks like the job is yours.....lol

Filski 30 March 2015 09:05 PM

So who is up for a meet at some point in April ? As well as making a trip to BBS meet?

Edmondo 31 March 2015 06:41 AM

I am due in hospital for a time starting sometime in April ( probably ) so if I haven't gone in then yep be interested and will get my young to bring his as well

Filski 31 March 2015 03:02 PM

Thinking about it i just realised that its bankholiday weekend, is anyone about at all this weekend and up for a small meet!?

fl@ four 31 March 2015 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11657035)
Thinking about it i just realised that its bankholiday weekend, is anyone about at all this weekend and up for a small meet!?

Monday could work for me, if that suits people?

Filski 31 March 2015 03:06 PM

My car is a mess but monday works for me too. Any one else!?

Edmondo 31 March 2015 07:31 PM

Monday should be ok here - 2 cars

Filski 31 March 2015 07:53 PM

That means we have four cars already, i say we are onto something here :)

1. Fl@ Four
2. Edmondo x 2
3. Filski

Hopefully the other lads will come along too

Edmondo 31 March 2015 08:19 PM

Just where and when..................we originally started with 4 cars many many years ago and before long it kinda mushroomed lol..............stick at it - it will happen........Facebook the meet....I will put it up on Wiltshire Scooby club - people look in from time to time.

Filski 31 March 2015 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Edmondo (Post 11657221)
Just where and when..................we originally started with 4 cars many many years ago and before long it kinda mushroomed lol..............stick at it - it will happen........Facebook the meet....I will put it up on Wiltshire Scooby club - people look in from time to time.

I will pop an event onto the Subaru page and Subaru wagons page too.

You mentioned Sun Inn in Swindon might as well stick with that unless there is a problem, as long as we keep civil it should be ok :)

What time would be good for all? Im thinking Lunch time ish say 1 or 2?

Edmondo 31 March 2015 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11657279)

You mentioned Sun Inn in Swindon might as well stick with that unless there is a problem, as long as we keep civil it should be ok :)

What time would be good for all? Im thinking Lunch time ish say 1 or 2?

Sun Inn on a Bank Holiday will be rammed especially if nice - Is there another place around Swindon with a decent size car park......what about the White Hart on the Oxford Road?

Filski 31 March 2015 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Edmondo (Post 11657298)
Sun Inn on a Bank Holiday will be rammed especially if nice - Is there another place around Swindon with a decent size car park......what about the White Hart on the Oxford Road?

Yeah White Hart would be even better especially if some people are coming from M4 and 420.

what time shall we still do 1 / 2 or later?

Edmondo 31 March 2015 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11657309)
Yeah White Hart would be even better especially if some people are coming from M4 and 420.

what time shall we still do 1 / 2 or later?

Bit later - let the lunchtime rush get out the way........say 3ish - then play it by ear.......could kick a few tyres, have a drink and then have a drive ( not boy racer styleeeee ) for an hour - go somewhere picturesque - take a few piccies and then see.....just a few ideas but up to you squire as you are organising lol.

Filski 01 April 2015 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Edmondo (Post 11657315)
Bit later - let the lunchtime rush get out the way........say 3ish - then play it by ear.......could kick a few tyres, have a drink and then have a drive ( not boy racer styleeeee ) for an hour - go somewhere picturesque - take a few piccies and then see.....just a few ideas but up to you squire as you are organising lol.

It is evident that i have never organised anything like this :wonder: but going by your experience i think you are quite right :)

Ill have a think where it would be good to go, providing that the weather turns out to be ok.

3ish sounds good, @ White Hart and it should be easy to drive from there without too much traffic.

fl@ four 01 April 2015 12:40 PM

Sounds good lads

Impreza2417 01 April 2015 03:58 PM

If im back from holiday in time i will come

Edmondo 02 April 2015 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Impreza2417 (Post 11657592)
If im back from holiday in time i will come

cool

Edmondo 02 April 2015 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11657411)
It is evident that i have never organised anything like this :wonder: but going by your experience i think you are quite right :)

Ill have a think where it would be good to go, providing that the weather turns out to be ok.

3ish sounds good, @ White Hart and it should be easy to drive from there without too much traffic.

Car Park around the back rather than the front