ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Federal 595 RSR -Awesome tyres! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/985774-federal-595-rsr-awesome-tyres.html)

rickya 19 September 2013 06:33 PM

Federal 595 RSR -Awesome tyres!

My thoughts so far see my thread posts 515 & 531.
Or if you cant be bothered to read through, basically they're fookin awesome! :D

https://www.scoobynet.com/873748-bac...etrack-18.html

Moley 19 September 2013 07:06 PM

I'm going to give them a go soon, seem to get very good reviews

rob84 19 September 2013 07:12 PM

Look an awesome tyre, I've just fitted Dmack's to my hatch, seems like its fit to pull the suspension out of the car on hard cornering in the dry. wet is a little different at the moment, still scrubbing them in

speedflash 19 September 2013 07:53 PM

I run them on my hawk spec c fantastic tyre.

F1 CJE UK 19 September 2013 07:57 PM

Same with me after good feedback from Frayz. Good apart from deep water but I guess they are all like that

jayallen 19 September 2013 08:05 PM

Quite a few of the Clio track boys are using them, some have reported similar grip to 888's for a lot less money.

Steve Whitehorn 19 September 2013 08:08 PM

Best Road legal track tyre I have used. Way better than 888s
Not such a good allrounder as a good road tyre. They need temp in them to work - and on a damp cold day on the road you might not get them working properly. But once warmed up in the dry especialy - superb.

Gary if you read this. Hoping to get car back and running by Christmas. So will be intouch - with the latest spec sheet now a 2.1 not a 2.5

53 19 September 2013 08:18 PM

Depends what size you want :) AD08's are only £88 more in 225/45/17 for example :)

I would defo buy them for a Classic and Widetrack STi though as you save nearly £160 over the AD08's for a classic and nearly £140 on a widetrack :)

bustaMOVEs 19 September 2013 08:21 PM

Watch out for some inferior ones from Europe as they are not the same , although they look the same but cheaper.
So cheap for a reason, buy from well known uk sellers IMO.

Dmak, maxis and silverstone track tyres are good too.
888s are getting hard to get hold of nowadays and will/are rocketing in prices due to factory being demolished.

JonMc 19 September 2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11213574)
Watch out for some inferior ones from Europe as they are not the same , although they look the same but cheaper.
So cheap for a reason, buy from well known uk sellers IMO.

Hmmm, Ricky didn't you buy some cheaps ones from a well known seller:wonder:

bustaMOVEs 19 September 2013 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 11213583)
Hmmm, Ricky didn't you buy some cheaps ones from a well known seller:wonder:

Well there was a roumer that camskill was selling some a while back cheap. (how true the roumer is I can't comment)

jayallen 19 September 2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11213574)
Watch out for some inferior ones from Europe as they are not the same , although they look the same but cheaper

Moobs, that story about cheap inferior RSR's supposedly came from some fella who races MX5's and said his lap times were slower than when he was his old set....

No doubt just more internet jackanory..:lol1:

bustaMOVEs 19 September 2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11213610)
Moobs, that story about cheap inferior RSR's supposedly came from some fella who races MX5's and said his lap times were slower than when he was his old set....

No doubt just more internet jackanory..:lol1:

Correct although hes a trader and sells tyres, (hence roumer and cant comment how true it is or not)
Maybe fishing for business, who knows what these traders say to fool you

rickya 19 September 2013 10:08 PM

Got mine proper from mytyres.co.UK
This fake RSR' s are a load of rubbish, people are confusing the old pre 2009 non RSR tyres with these.

frayz 19 September 2013 10:43 PM

Had 3 sets of these now on my Clio. Drive on them daily, snow, sun wind and rain. Superb rubber, wouldnt buy anything else for the clio... ever

Henrik 20 September 2013 06:51 AM

Have these on the track car.

Absolutely fantastic value for money. Outright grip i'd say is very slightly less than my previous a048 tyres, however for the cost diff (nearly 100 quid a corner!) I'm definitely sticking with the rsr.

They are easy to control on the limit IMO, better than the 048s. Not brilliant in the wet, but no worse than e.g road tyres on track, as long as its not bucketing it down.

JonMc 20 September 2013 08:35 AM

Until know I had heard mixed reviews on these and was edging towards Nankang NS2Rs but they don't come in the widths I want so RSRs it is:D

rickya 20 September 2013 09:52 AM

Didn't realise so many Scoobynetters had tried them & with good feedback too :)

There is an interesting video review done in Japan: (video below)

"A team of evaluators spent a full track day behind the wheel were treated a taste of tire test at Nikko Circuit. To quantify, equalize and determine its real worth of a tire, five of the more recent releases in the ultra-high performance category from various makers were tested on a well prepared Impreza GRB, equipped with new; full tread depth tires in size 235/40R18. Publication has conducted a comprehensive evaluation by undergoing a series of time attack and drifting which encompassed all 5 hot laps each to monitor and analyze steering characteristics of every tire as a measure of overall balance.

By the end of the test, the 595 RS-R competition tire was recognized to offer quicker response and higher levels of grip, as well as more consistency lap after lap. According to the magazine in the May 2009 edition, 595RS-R performed particularly well in all factors that drive overall satisfaction. Two test drivers Mr. Takashi Oi and Mitsuhiro Kino****a were both enthusiastic about the Federal’s performance, they gave a comment on the independent commendation stated:” There is always a phenomenal amount of traction on the tread for Federal 595 RS-R, its steering performance remained responsive when initially turning off center as the vehicle accelerated around some of the tighter corners on the test track. ” In addition, they also advises drivers who shod Federal tire to differ tire pressure based on how, what and where you drive for a smooth ride."

If the Jap boffins think its good...then its good for me!! lol

http://www.streetfire.net/video/federal-tires-595-rsr_643696.htmhttp://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-tir...tires-out.html

LewisScoob 20 September 2013 04:30 PM

Noted for future tyre purchase. I see camskill are selling them at £95 each plus delivery for 225/45 17's...