ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   New Xbox (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/975396-new-xbox.html)

Shaun 19 June 2013 10:47 AM

I haven't got any mates! :D

Firez34 19 June 2013 12:42 PM

So when these consoles breakdown in the warranty period will they guarantee getting a replacement to you in 24hr's so it can connect and not **** you.

Ant 19 June 2013 05:09 PM

it wont make the xbox stop working :lol1:

CREWJ 19 June 2013 10:04 PM

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Microsoft have performed a U-turn.

LSherratt 19 June 2013 10:34 PM

Just heard about this, all I can say is fantastic news.

Microsoft are back in there and are biting at Sony's heels now.

Im a 360 owner and was considering getting a PS4, but now Im swaying back towards the Xbox :)

An0n0m0us 19 June 2013 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by CREWJ (Post 11126076)
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Microsoft have performed a U-turn.

Blimey that's a big backtrack and a most welcome one. It was going to cost them too much user base going to PS4 if they had continued with those plans.

stedee 20 June 2013 01:59 AM

Wow bill has phoned up his croneys

DYK 20 June 2013 09:55 AM

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

MS should have realised from the start that restricting gamers how they were going to was a bad move.

Ant 20 June 2013 05:45 PM

the u-turn has seemed to do the job!

http://www.redmondpie.com/microsofts...ake-ps4-in-uk/

bioforger 20 June 2013 07:10 PM

Who cares its still £80 dearer and Live isn't free :D

belliott69 20 June 2013 07:10 PM

Anyone else like me and think that this was MS plans all along, create a stir then make the world think they listen to their customers.

Ant 20 June 2013 07:28 PM

But you get an kinect with it :)

Neither will ps4 (free that iS)

bioforger 20 June 2013 07:59 PM

but kinect is for benders (perfect for u) or kids! who wants kinect! :)

ps4 online isn't going to be free?

Shaun 20 June 2013 09:09 PM

The PSN service is a proper crock compared to MS's service.

You pay peanuts and you end up with monkey ****.

Shaun 20 June 2013 10:08 PM

:D

CREWJ 20 June 2013 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11127051)
:D

"Party hats and hand jobs"

:lol:

bioforger 20 June 2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11126962)
The PSN service is a proper crock compared to MS's service.

You pay peanuts and you end up with monkey ****.

Who cares i only want it for multiplayer and its free, no brainer.

P1Fanatic 21 June 2013 08:40 AM

Someone please tell me what makes XBL better than PSN? I have never used XBL in anger but I hear a lot about how good it is but never really any detail as to why its deemed superior other than "it must be because I pay for it".

P1Fanatic 21 June 2013 08:52 AM

I think the main reason the PS3 eventually outsold the 360 even with a later release date was due to the inclusion of a blu-ray drive as many people used it (myself included) for their first foray into the world of blu-ray for films. Will be interesting to see what happens this time with a similar release date and lower pricing of the PS4 but no blu-ray type advantage. I am not really worried about keeping my progress from previous games and must admit I do like the Xbox controller. Unless BF4 looks spectacular on the consoles then I can see myself going back to PC for gaming.

New_scooby_04 21 June 2013 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 11127347)
Someone please tell me what makes XBL better than PSN? I have never used XBL in anger but I hear a lot about how good it is but never really any detail as to why its deemed superior other than "it must be because I pay for it".

Can of worms here mate. Most of it probably comes down to "horses for courses" and personal preference.

I think the one thing that might meaningfully be used to distinguish them is performance and most pundits seem to put the Live network ahead on that count, which resonates with my experience of the two: live is just slicker and more stable. MS are making a real big deal out of investment in the infrastructure too, and I've yet to hear anything comparable from Sony

That said, they both suffer from the same core problem: The users ;) :D

New_scooby_04 21 June 2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11127051)

Every time I see this guy a profound wave of sadness and pity washes over me ....... :cry: :wonder:

Geezer 21 June 2013 12:04 PM

Having both I have to say that Xbox Live didn't really seem any better. I'm sure there are some benefits, but I couldn't see where it was TBH. I binned XBL off and played exclusively on PS3. The Xbox sits gathering dust now.

Now that online play on PS4 is going to be paid for, that is a bit of a bummer!

Geezer

scoobyverysoon 21 June 2013 12:39 PM

in my ownership of my PS3 the PSN has been down once (when it got hacked) ive never had any issues getting on when I want and for it being free was a bonus

I should be ordering my ps4 anyday now coming in at £280 after a discount :D

P1Fanatic 21 June 2013 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 11127469)
Can of worms here mate. Most of it probably comes down to "horses for courses" and personal preference.

I think the one thing that might meaningfully be used to distinguish them is performance and most pundits seem to put the Live network ahead on that count, which resonates with my experience of the two: live is just slicker and more stable. MS are making a real big deal out of investment in the infrastructure too, and I've yet to hear anything comparable from Sony

That said, they both suffer from the same core problem: The users ;) :D

I like worms :)

What does slicker really mean in real world terms - better ping times or just better menu system for joining your buddies, sending PM's etc? I never found that a major issue on PSN. Sure it was clunky in places but performance seemed fine to me. If I do stick console I may just go Xbox a) just to try the other side and b) if Sony are to charge for online play that evens things up for me. £40 isnt a lot a year but thats £200 over the 5 years I had the PS3 (before it died).

But the big sticking point for me is the £529 price tag as add £250 more and I have the budget for a pretty kick ass PC for gaming and I am only really bothered about playing BF4.

belliott69 22 June 2013 09:02 PM

The only thing I liked more was the party chat where you can talk to any of your mates and not have to be in the exact same lobby. Great when playing single player games to see what each of you is doing, other than that there is no difference.

tony de wonderful 23 June 2013 03:58 PM

I've been an Xbox devotee since Xbox...er...one ;) but I've ordered a PS4 now.

Gear Head 24 June 2013 01:24 PM

Considering I have onyl bought around 8 games in 6 years of xbox 360 owner ship, I dount I will purchasing either the Xbox One or PS4 for quite some time!

Flaps 25 June 2013 09:14 PM

I bet they are regretting not killing off the 360 now!