ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   ECU Remapping Help Needed.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/967059-ecu-remapping-help-needed.html)

LeeRBrown 26 February 2013 07:35 PM

ECU Remapping Help Needed..

Now then!

I have just bought an X reg 2000 Turbo and was wondering how I could go about remapping it. Firstly for fuel economy and secondly for performance. I'm not sure if both of these criteria can be met with a remap. I think the ECU is a Y7. The car is totally standard with the exception of a scorpion stainless exhaust and a green panel filter.

What are my options?

I'm from Middlesbrough and somewhere relatively local would be ideal. Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Cheers..

marshall332bhp 26 February 2013 07:56 PM

Join nesf mate loads of local lads to meet up with and give you some advice as well as on here. You have loads of options.

LeeRBrown 26 February 2013 07:59 PM

Yeah nice one. I'll look into that mate.. Cheers!

mickywrx 26 February 2013 08:34 PM

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/4436.html

You'll enjoy the drive home. :thumb:

LeeRBrown 26 February 2013 08:40 PM

Cheers Mickywrx.. I was in a garage the other day and somebody told me about AndyforrestPerformance. I have actually emailed him already asking for a bitta info.

Cheers mate.

stedee 27 February 2013 07:23 AM

economy lol

Bristol98 04 March 2013 01:16 PM

^^^^^

It's not that uncommon, remap gives better economy AND more power due to the standard map being so rich.

LeeRBrown 04 March 2013 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bristol98 (Post 11012559)
^^^^^

It's not that uncommon, remap gives better economy AND more power due to the standard map being so rich.

Yeah mate. I've read that on a few different sites/articles. Just need the funds to get it done now.. haha!!! Cant wait.

ByByR1 04 March 2013 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by LeeRBrown (Post 11005894)
Now then!

I have just bought an X reg 2000 Turbo and was wondering how I could go about remapping it. Firstly for fuel economy and secondly for performance. I'm not sure if both of these criteria can be met with a remap. I think the ECU is a Y7. The car is totally standard with the exception of a scorpion stainless exhaust and a green panel filter.

What are my options?

I'm from Middlesbrough and somewhere relatively local would be ideal. Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Cheers..

I am from Guisborough, and looking for a remap for my hawkeye. If i get fixed up I Will let you know, if you can do the same it would be much appreciated

LeeRBrown 05 March 2013 07:55 AM

No problem mate! Will do.

Dmacnz 05 March 2013 11:42 AM

ESL is fantastic for this year. You wont be disappointed

LeeRBrown 05 March 2013 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dmacnz (Post 11013683)
ESL is fantastic for this year. You wont be disappointed

Just had a quick look on google at this.. The first thread was saying don't touch it (Some american site). However.. The second google search brought me back to this forum and people are praising it. HHMMMMM!!! Interesting.. certainly gunna bare it in mind but a bit more research might have to be done first.

Cheers mate!!!

Tidgy 06 March 2013 04:53 PM

2000 plate ecutek, job done

sssssteeeee 09 March 2013 11:59 AM

ecu for 2 maps

i would say lacatek as u can have to maps as u would like. and mapping done by bob rawle he can do the anti lag and launch control, also if u buy the alcatek ecu its recently been updated as well! with new features. one being flat floor shifting of many.:thumb:

Wouldie 10 March 2013 03:41 PM

LeeRBrown and BYBY R1

Wondered if you lads had heard of www.eclipse-performance.com in Sunderland or knew of anyone who'd had any work done there. Was thinking of going up there myself to have some upgrades done.

mickywrx 10 March 2013 07:55 PM

Google them. :)

Wouldie 10 March 2013 09:02 PM

Just spent the last hour reading up on all the comments, good and bad. Bit of an eye opener to be honest.:confused:

ByByR1 11 March 2013 06:53 PM

I have just pm, jollygreenmonster to see if he can do a few of us in one day and a price for the remap. Will let you know if he gets back to me, others on nesf are also looking for remap so hopefully will be able to sort something out.
Cheers

dynamix 12 March 2013 09:46 PM

I travel up regularly to durham mapping up there. am up towards the end of this month ... :thumb:

marshall332bhp 13 March 2013 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Wouldie (Post 11019953)
Just spent the last hour reading up on all the comments, good and bad. Bit of an eye opener to be honest.:confused:

you must have looked hard to find some good comments haha