ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   air bag (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/955984-air-bag.html)

Blob90 13 November 2012 05:36 PM

air bag

Anyone know about airbag wiring and ecu.
can i remove the air bag wiring and ecu as have jdm dash with double glove box and changing steering wheel?
if i do so will the airbag light stay on? if i leave it in will the airbag light stay on because dont have a passenger airbag?
Cheers in advance for any info.

The Trooper 1815 13 November 2012 05:46 PM

I assume your talking about a Classic?

Yes you can - face lift for facelift, pre-facelift for pre-facelift - but you will need to by some 12v resistors from Maplins or the like to stop the warning lights illuminating.

nick! 13 November 2012 05:56 PM

Or take the dials out and remove the bulb which illuminates the airbag warning.

Nick.

TonyBurns 13 November 2012 06:07 PM

Airbag warning lights are now an MOT failure, removal may have changed due to the changes to the laws to the MOT.

Tony:)

The Trooper 1815 13 November 2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10867250)
Airbag warning lights are now an MOT failure, removal may have changed due to the changes to the laws to the MOT.

Tony,

As I understand it unless they are supposed to, they must not be "constant" after the ignition phase.

ronjeramy 13 November 2012 07:15 PM

Can you retro fit a passenger airbag into a version 5 classic where the cubby is? I'm presuming there's a plug for it?

Blob90 14 November 2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10867221)
I assume your talking about a Classic?

Yes you can - face lift for facelift, pre-facelift for pre-facelift - but you will need to by some 12v resistors from Maplins or the like to stop the warning lights illuminating.

yeah facelift classic and will get down to maplins
cheers

Blob90 14 November 2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 10867335)
Can you retro fit a passenger airbag into a version 5 classic where the cubby is? I'm presuming there's a plug for it?

Going on my wiring mate yeah you should a plug under the cubby ready for it?

Thanks everyone for helpful replys

spuker1 15 November 2012 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10867250)

I have called my garage where I just did MOT and asked them: "I want to change my steering wheel for one without and airbag, is the SRS light staying on an MOT failure or is it just rumors" and the guy said: "It's just the rumor, SRS light on dash staying on isn't an MOT fail and the law might or might not come in next April (or some month early summer, I can't remember which one he said)"

So.... Put a piece of tape over it and job done! :)