ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Credit card question! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/945083-credit-card-question.html)

CEL 01 August 2012 10:53 PM

Credit card question!

Can you apply for a new credit card, for arguments sake from Barclays if you already have one with Barclays? :wonder:

You have probably guessed the reason for the question, but if not. Barclays are offering 22months interest free on balance transfers with a 1.45% transfer fee.

From what I can see, that is the best deal going at the moment and I want it :D

Boro 01 August 2012 10:59 PM

If not, could you transfer it to another one, cancel barclays, reapply and transfer it back?

JohnSmith 01 August 2012 11:23 PM

probably something in the small print that says 'new customers only'

CEL 01 August 2012 11:28 PM

The account I have with Barclays has zero balance as it's elsewhere. Perhaps I should see if it can be closed :wonder:

John, I'm sure you are right!

ScoobyWon't 01 August 2012 11:38 PM

The small print always says it's for new customers only. Open it in your wife's name instead.

CEL 02 August 2012 09:56 PM

Well I've applied for another Barclays credit card anyway - interesting to see what if anything happens!

P1Fanatic 03 August 2012 05:57 AM

How is it high interest? And I assume by that logic you don't have a mortgage?

Jamescsti 03 August 2012 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bearice (Post 10735156)
Credit card is a high interest loan. I think people who earn $20,000 per month, they get credit cards which can buy expensive cars. Please confirm.

If people get credit cards and bury themselves with a 29% interest rate when they could have gotten a debit card then that is their stupidity not mine or yours.

Why do banks spoil people by allowing them to spend money which they do not have by giving credit cards? :sleep:

The guy is asking for advice on transferring a balance not asking for a lecture on the rights and wrongs of credit cards!

To the op.
I know mbna say you can't transfer balances from one mbna card to another but I'm sure you can hold more than one mbna card. I think you should be ok.

Gear Head 03 August 2012 01:37 PM

No, I seriously doubt it. The whole point of the offer is to entice you to come over to their company. You are already there, so it will be for new customers only. You can leave, get a different card and them come back when that deal runs out. This is what I do all the time.
I have had to juggle about £2-£3k on my card over the last few years and the most I pay in interest every time is the 3% trasnfer charge. £90 is better than £500 odd. :thumb:

Neanderthal 03 August 2012 02:00 PM

I've somehow got a gold Barclaycard and a platinum one so you can have more than one card with them at a time. Wallet is downstairs but I think the gold one is a mastercard, the plat one is a visa.

rossyboy 03 August 2012 05:28 PM

It'll be interesting to see if their systems are good enough to pick up the fact that you are already a customer.

stevebt 03 August 2012 05:34 PM

Is it a Barclays credit ? I have a little balance I could do with transferring over and that would do me nicely. Don't suppose you have a link :)

Mattiepkr1984 03 August 2012 05:44 PM

i have a barclaycard credit card its got a low interest rate of 6.8% :D