ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Germany bans circumcision (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/942873-germany-bans-circumcision.html)

22BUK 13 July 2012 01:46 PM

Germany bans circumcision

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18793842

What's your view?

JackClark 13 July 2012 01:54 PM

Good. Butchering a child because he might believe in fairy tales later in life is a joke.

banny sti 13 July 2012 01:58 PM

http://www.steadyhealth.com/My_Fores...S_t147318.html

Maz 13 July 2012 01:58 PM

It's more hygienic, looks & smells better. Uncircumcised men can produce a lot of smegma. You need to clean under the foreskin daily to prevent this. The downside is that you MAY lose some sensitivity.

TelBoy 13 July 2012 02:00 PM

I might start a thread on Kosher bacon, just so we have a full compliment of Jewish related threads :D

Gear Head 13 July 2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10705702)
It's more hygienic, looks & smells better. Uncircumcised men can produce a lot of smegma. You need to clean under the foreskin daily to prevent this. The downside is that you MAY lose some sensitivity.

So, wash and you will be fine! :thumb:

I think performing this on a perfectly healthy child is quite frankly, barbaric.

banny sti 13 July 2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10705706)

I think performing this on a perfectly healthy child is quite frankly, barbaric.

The majority of white people struggle to wash their fecking hands after going to the john never mind washing their bell ends :lol1:

Wurzel 13 July 2012 02:15 PM

I disagree on the sensitivity part, speaking from experience. Infact it is the contrary.

Gear Head 13 July 2012 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 10705720)
I disagree on the sensitivity part, speaking from experience. Infact it is the contrary.

When were you 'snipped'?

Wurzel 13 July 2012 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10705729)
When were you 'snipped'?

I was snipped at 5 for medical reasons.

JTaylor 13 July 2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 10705708)
The majority of white people struggle to wash their fecking hands after going to the john never mind washing their bell ends :lol1:

:o

Maz 13 July 2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 10705720)

Did you lose sensitivity Wurzel? It's not clear from your post.:)

specialx 13 July 2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 10705708)

Now that's just blatant racism banny! ;)

Maz 13 July 2012 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10705706)

Do you wash your cock on a daily basis? I apologise for asking such a personal question but it is pertinent to the discussion.

Wurzel 13 July 2012 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10705782)
Did you lose sensitivity Wurzel? It's not clear from your post.:)

Well obviously at 5 I had no idea if it was sensitive or not :D but I find it sensitive now even at my ripe old age. Don't get me wrong the old fella can take a beating but during sex it is sensitive.

Butkus 13 July 2012 03:17 PM

Surely Mother Nature put it there for a reason, so why would you cut it off?

Wurzel 13 July 2012 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Butkus (Post 10705795)
Surely Mother Nature put it there for a reason, so why would you cut it off?

Where do you think Hula Hoops come from ???

Dedrater 13 July 2012 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10705689)
Good. Butchering a child because he might believe in fairy tales later in life is a joke.

What this man says is correct, to mutilate a child in this day and age is absolutely horrifying, it should be left up to the person to make such decisions later on in life 18+

It will be banned in all modern countries soon enough.

Maz 13 July 2012 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 10705792)
Well obviously at 5 I had no idea if it was sensitive or not :D but I find it sensitive now even at my ripe old age. Don't get me wrong the old fella can take a beating but during sex it is sensitive.

Got you. I'd take the decrease in sensitivity statement with a pinch of salt! My own sensitivity (circumcised btw) over the years is anywhere from extremely sensitive to flippin' hair-trigger:D

Dedrater 13 July 2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10705787)
Do you wash your cock on a daily basis? I apologise for asking such a personal question but it is pertinent to the discussion.

Who doesn't? We live in a civilised society, who hasn't got access to a shower on a daily basis? :lol1:

Edit: are you saying you do not shower on a daily basis because you are circumcised?

TelBoy 13 July 2012 03:22 PM

You haven't been to Basildon, have you? :Suspiciou

Saxo Boy 13 July 2012 03:23 PM

I'm circumcised for medical reasons. Never bothered me that much either way really. However....

The judgement added: "The child's body is permanently and irreparably changed by the circumcision. This change conflicts with the child's interest of later being able to make his own decision on his religious affiliation."
^^^ This, IMHO.

Maz 13 July 2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10705805)
You haven't been to Basildon, have you? :Suspiciou

:lol:

David Lock 13 July 2012 03:24 PM

As collected by a university rugby team and spread into the sandwiches of the opposing team :thumb:

dl

Wurzel 13 July 2012 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10705801)
Got you. I'd take the decrease in sensitivity statement with a pinch of salt! My own sensitivity (circumcised btw) over the years is anywhere from extremely sensitive to flippin' hair-trigger:D

^^^^^^ :D

warrenm2 13 July 2012 03:29 PM

I agree with the ban as per Jack post, you are hacking off bits of a kids body who gets no say to it.

I also agree there can be compelling medical reasons for doing so, another is that have a circumcision actually helps prevent HIV infection for example. It should be the boys choice or only performed for genuine medical reasons

specialx 13 July 2012 03:29 PM

If we are going down the it's better for your health route should we have our appendix's out at the same time just to be safe? :wonder::D

22BUK 13 July 2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 10705800)
What this man says is correct, to mutilate a child in this day and age is absolutely horrifying, it should be left up to the person to make such decisions later on in life 18+

It will be banned in all modern countries soon enough.

+1

Not sure why it hasn't been banned before...

fivetide 13 July 2012 03:32 PM

It's more hygienic,

Only for scrubbers. Otherwise it protects the old chap from all sorts of stuff.

looks & smells better.
In your opinion. Personally, I'm not one for sniffing wiener.

Uncircumcised men can produce a lot of smegma. You need to clean under the foreskin daily to prevent this.
Never been an issue

The downside is that you MAY lose some sensitivity.
You definately will.

It's wrong to cut bits off kids for no reason whatsoever.

Personally, I'm thinking of having my circumsion reversed. Does anyone have any tips?*

5t.

*Thankfully it's all in one piece as the parents aren't fruitcakes.

Geezer 13 July 2012 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 10705771)
I was snipped at 5 for medical reasons.

So you are in no position whatsoever to comment on whether it increases or decreases sensitivity!

If you had said 25, or even 15, maybe.

Geezer