ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   What is 'Accident Management services' (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/940225-what-is-accident-management-services.html)

Jamiesti01 20 June 2012 10:20 PM

What is 'Accident Management services'

Just got my renewal through and noticed this is added on the premium for an extra £22 is it worth having and what it about??

any info thanks.:thumb:

bugblue1 20 June 2012 10:37 PM

with nowin no fee compan around just use one of them m8,get rid.

Moley 21 June 2012 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by bugblue1 (Post 10674770)
with nowin no fee compan around just use one of them m8,get rid.

What about if you have a fault claim? ;)

bugblue1 21 June 2012 05:26 PM

i beleive you are in the insurance industry moley what would your advice be?also there are companies who will now do everything for you even if your fault they pay your excess n sort the lot m8.

Moley 21 June 2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by bugblue1 (Post 10675559)
i beleive you are in the insurance industry moley what would your advice be?also there are companies who will now do everything for you even if your fault they pay your excess n sort the lot m8.

I'd say take it TBH.

bugblue1 21 June 2012 06:02 PM

respect your opion,i had a major ins' company who wouldnt stay out of a inccident that happened a idiot was trying to say id hit his van on both sides i wanted his ins' to take me to court as i had pics witness,they just would not leave it to me then they repaired his 200pound van which cost 1200,now i no that ins usualy goto 60% of a vehicles worth,work that out,they even paid for a hire car they admitted they didnt have,so i just take everything off now.

Jamiesti01 21 June 2012 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 10675547)
What about if you have a fault claim? ;)

So what would these companies do that my insurance would'nt do if i had a fault claim:confused:

Just try to find out what these companies actually do???

thanks for help:thumb:

bugblue1 21 June 2012 06:35 PM

in case of fault claim m8 i looked at 1 who would pay ya excess get ya car repaired n sort anything else you needed,if you have high excess that can be bloody handy & they dont charge you.

Moley 21 June 2012 10:23 PM

So it's an accident management company who'll pay your excess for you and get your car repaired, even if you have a FAULT claim? (ie hit a tree)

nigelward 27 June 2012 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jamiesti01 (Post 10674741)
Just got my renewal through and noticed this is added on the premium for an extra £22 is it worth having and what it about??

any info thanks.:thumb:

Phone up the insurance company and ask what part the Accident Management Company will play if your claim is disputed or you are at fault.

When I renewed with Sky I had the £22 premium removed from my Insurance for Accident Management. The previous year I did pay the premium but when it came to the crunch (sic) there was little or no interest once the claim became disputed. The reason given was they had no line of communications with the policy underwriter and I ended having to sort it out myself, so confirm this will not happen if you do part with the cash.

SRSport 28 June 2012 08:00 AM

Surely if you pay your money to an insurance company you are paying for them to manage a claim otherwise what are you paying for? Its like estate agents that charge you rip off fees and then charge you an admin fee for the privilege of charging you the fees in the first place.

Jamiesti01 28 June 2012 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by nigelward (Post 10684204)
Phone up the insurance company and ask what part the Accident Management Company will play if your claim is disputed or you are at fault.

When I renewed with Sky I had the £22 premium removed from my Insurance for Accident Management. The previous year I did pay the premium but when it came to the crunch (sic) there was little or no interest once the claim became disputed. The reason given was they had no line of communications with the policy underwriter and I ended having to sort it out myself, so confirm this will not happen if you do part with the cash.

Mine also is with sky, i have knocked it off anyway now (£22) just couldnt see why they were needed???

Originally Posted by SRSport (Post 10684541)
Surely if you pay your money to an insurance company you are paying for them to manage a claim otherwise what are you paying for? Its like estate agents that charge you rip off fees and then charge you an admin fee for the privilege of charging you the fees in the first place.

Exactly what i was thinking and the reason for posting, thought this was one of the reasons for car insurance in the first place.

bugblue1 28 June 2012 09:01 PM

its crap you dont need get rid,what did they do before some1 thought of it they still sorted it out,personally i get rid of everything as end of day you can do it yourself..