ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Brilliant customer service... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/939703-brilliant-customer-service.html)

Ant 16 June 2012 06:25 PM

Brilliant customer service...

i'm sorry as i hate these threads as much as everyone else now but apple have done it again.

My 4S is still in warranty and i accidentally leant on the phone whilst in my pocket, rang apple customer services to see how much a repair would be.

the kind lady asked me to email a picture of the single 1" crack she said "i'm sure i can get that replaced foc for you mr ant"

Booked a genius appointment for next week to exchange my phone.

:notworthy

Sorry for the it being apple related but i'd be doing the same if it was any other company.

mart360 16 June 2012 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10668524)
i'm sorry as i hate these threads as much as everyone else now but apple have done it again.

My 4S is still in warranty and i accidentally leant on the phone whilst in my pocket, rang apple customer services to see how much a repair would be.

the kind lady asked me to email a picture of the single 1" crack she said "i'm sure i can get that replaced foc for you mr ant"

Booked a genius appointment for next week to exchange my phone.

:notworthy

Sorry for the it being apple related but i'd be doing the same if it was any other company.

I upflashed a new rom to my blackberry and it fell over a couple of weeks later.....

took it back to the shop, who pronply sent it back to RIM, 10 days later i had a brand new blackberry waiting for me...

And your point is ????

Mart

dpb 16 June 2012 06:48 PM

Gracious me , you leant slightly on it whilst it was in your pocket

And this resulted in a one inch gash

Im afraid it would have merited an instant refund in my book before small claims

Ant 16 June 2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 10668550)
I upflashed a new rom to my blackberry and it fell over a couple of weeks later.....

took it back to the shop, who pronply sent it back to RIM, 10 days later i had a brand new blackberry waiting for me...

And your point is ????

Mart

No point just saying it was good customer service looks like blackberry did for you that time.

Good service should be applauded.

Ant 16 June 2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10668572)
Gracious me , you leant slightly on it whilst it was in your pocket

And this resulted in a one inch gash

Im afraid it would have merited an instant refund in my book before small claims

Are you psl in disguise?

DYK 16 June 2012 06:55 PM

So many Apple haters,do they all work at Nokia :D

JackClark 16 June 2012 07:00 PM

Does anyone work at Nokia?

BULLITT 16 June 2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10668574)
Good service should be applauded.

Agreed :thumb:

People in general are quick to complain and kick off when things don't go their way, it's very rare that Good/Great customer service is recognised and acknowledged.

mart360 16 June 2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10668600)
Does anyone work at Nokia?

Dosent look like it after the announcement last week,

10,000 to go according to press releases

Mart

pslewis 16 June 2012 07:39 PM

Agree that good service should be applauded ..... however, in this case, a warranty claim, I would suggest that it is actually 'normal' service?

Fantastic service compared to CURRYS or any of the DGSi Group of companies, granted, but normal service from people who actually care.

Ant 16 June 2012 07:46 PM

No it doesn't come under warranty though as I damaged it myself accidentally which in apples t&c they shouldn't have to replace it foc.

BULLITT 16 June 2012 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 10668664)
Agree that good service should be applauded ..... however, in this case, a warranty claim, I would suggest that it is actually 'normal' service?

Fantastic service compared to CURRYS or any of the DGSi Group of companies, granted, but normal service from people who actually care.

The repair Ant mentioned would not normally be covered under warranty claim terms and conditions as the damage is not due to a fault with the item, it's damage caused by the operator, it would have been so much easier for the woman at Apple Customer Service to simply state this and leave it there but she chose to help go through the process and try and get the repair done under warranty which is what most would consider good customer service.

pslewis 16 June 2012 07:55 PM

I thought you said that your 4S was still in warranty?

Leaning on a phone is an everyday event ... surprised the phone cracked, and so is Apple which is why it was replaced I guess?

Also, we all know that when you buy an Apple product you are getting well and truly shafted on the price ... with this massive margin built-in they can be very generous with replacements.

But, it's noted, Apple are good at Customer Service ..... I still won't be getting ripped off by buying one though ;)