ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   East Anglia (https://www.scoobynet.com/east-anglia-435/)
-   -   Garage in Norfolk too check and pamper my WRX import. (https://www.scoobynet.com/east-anglia-435/922827-garage-in-norfolk-too-check-and-pamper-my-wrx-import.html)

scooby595 28 January 2012 09:28 PM

Garage in Norfolk too check and pamper my WRX import.

As title really, I've just bought myself a classic import WRX and am looking for a decent reliable garage to pamper and check the car over.

It's currently booked in for a checkup at AP Tuning but they openly admit they don't normally do Subarus.

Anyone recommend somewhere???

Cheers.

EOEUMC 28 January 2012 09:47 PM

Norfolk is a big area :rolleyes: Where abouts are you, that would narrow it down :thumb:

scooby595 28 January 2012 11:17 PM

Norwich, for a decent tuner though I'd be prepared to travel, a little bit, thus only saying Norfolk. ;)

EOEUMC 29 January 2012 10:01 AM

I know someone who lives in Yarmouth (unless hes gone back to Norwich way). If I can get hold of him I will let you know.
His name is Nick Lawrence, not sure as to how good he is but haven't heard anything bad and have heard others mention him :thumb:

MarkCSC 30 January 2012 11:48 AM

Try Clive Atthowe www.enginetuning.net

I haven't used him but other people have had good thing to say.

95turbowagon 30 January 2012 01:08 PM

For general stuff i use postmill garage in wymondham, they have done brake changes and cambelts for me plus other bits and bobs and been spot on.

As mentioned clive atthowe has a good rep for tuning.

Konan 01 February 2012 08:51 PM

Clive knows his stuff. The main dealer will send a car his way if they're stumped!

He's pretty 'no nonsense' and will tell it to you like it is ;)

scooby595 05 February 2012 06:07 PM

Clive Atthowe I will try then.

Thanks to all.

Brian the Sn@il 06 February 2012 02:25 PM

I can second Clive, he certainly knows his stuff, ive been using him for 10 years now for my Impreza repairs. He dosent like getting his hands too dirty though ! lol !

scooby595 06 February 2012 07:36 PM

Booked in for this Friday.

Thanks all.

the bear1986 29 February 2012 11:01 PM

How did u get on with Clive?

scooby595 01 March 2012 05:18 AM

it was Dan that looked after my car, they had it a week, changed water pump, cambelt, tensioners etc. oil seals, and gave it pretty much a clean bill of health. OK, it was expensive, but it's just unlucky all the servicable bits needed doing in one hit, hey ho !!

Would HIGHLY recomend them, and I'll be going back there for future work.

Hope this helps.

Steve

ScoobLou 01 March 2012 10:50 AM

I only went there last week as my check engine light came on.

Both Dan and Clive were great and I will be going back there for my mapping.

For servicing and maintenance I use Tim Farmer who is an ex Zen mechanic. He is mobile which means he can come to my house. This is better for me as I don't live in Norwich.

I highly recommend both. :thumb: