ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Headlight Adjuster Loom (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/916501-headlight-adjuster-loom.html)

dodd1980 10 December 2011 06:46 PM

Headlight Adjuster Loom

Where can i find the plugs that connect to the electric adjusters?

I have a Bug WRX, i'm removing the UK300 lights which seems to have larger 3 pin plugs on which don't fit standard lights

alcazar 10 December 2011 07:18 PM

I would imagine those would be loom specific, so impossible to get.
How many wires in them?

dodd1980 10 December 2011 07:22 PM

they have 3 wires, basically i want to go back to standard so they should be in every car i guess?

alcazar 10 December 2011 09:39 PM

Agreed, but unless you cut them off a loom on a scapper, you won't get them, I reckon.

dodd1980 10 December 2011 09:52 PM

Not really what i want to hear but it is probably true!!, i think the plug is made by AMP, so might try to find a catalogue

alcazar 11 December 2011 01:11 PM

Plenty of scrappers about, can't see anyone NOT wanting to sell them to you......

Or try here: www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk

JonMc 11 December 2011 01:13 PM

If you are putting standard WRX lights on I'm changing to the STI 6-pin connectors if I can get some - I'll cut mine off and let you have them for £10 delivered (plus paypal fees or gift it):wonder:

dodd1980 11 December 2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 10374875)
If you are putting standard WRX lights on I'm changing to the STI 6-pin connectors if I can get some - I'll cut mine off and let you have them for £10 delivered (plus paypal fees or gift it):wonder:

That would be great,

Thanks very much

JonMc 11 December 2011 07:39 PM

If you can wait until next weekend so I can cut them off in daylight:thumb:

PM me you address and I'll respond with my paypal details:thumb:

martin850 11 December 2011 07:46 PM

Have you got the connectors now then Jon?

I have managed to get hold of a pair plus JDM switch and the plug that goes into it from scoobyspares. :thumb:

JonMc 11 December 2011 07:49 PM

No I haven't mate, plan B is in force which will involve rewiring the factory loom and using 18 x 2.8mm crimps and some insulating sleeves:norty:

I also have some universal 6-way connectors to make it easier:D

Being a time-served spark has it's benefits:thumb:

martin850 11 December 2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 10375604)
No I haven't mate, plan B is in force which will involve rewiring the factory loom and using 18 x 2.8mm crimps and some insulating sleeves:norty:

I also have some universal 6-way connectors to make it easier:D

Being a time-served spark has it's benefits:thumb:

Sounds like it mate cos what you just written confuses the hell out of me. I have asked for as much wire on each of the plugs as possible and hopefully it should be easier to see which wire goes to where. May need to pick your brains if I get problems?

JonMc 11 December 2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by martin850 (Post 10375629)
Sounds like it mate cos what you just written confuses the hell out of me. I have asked for as much wire on each of the plugs as possible and hopefully it should be easier to see which wire goes to where. May need to pick your brains if I get problems?

:angel:

I've looked at it and you can re-use the 4 factory wires for the signals and then just need to find a live and earth at each end which is a piece of cake TBH, use the live from the dipped beam so the leveler motor only works when the lights are on and anything at the switch end. If you need some help I have the subaru workshop manuals which includes the wiring diagrams:thumb:

martin850 12 December 2011 04:33 AM

That doesn't sound too bad. Thanks Jon :thumb:

JonMc 19 December 2011 09:27 PM

Posted them out today for you:thumb: