ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   JD Sports online, if your in a rush for something then don't bother placing an order. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/916403-jd-sports-online-if-your-in-a-rush-for-something-then-dont-bother-placing-an-order.html)

Rob_Impreza99 09 December 2011 07:00 PM

JD Sports online, if your in a rush for something then don't bother placing an order.

Ive never used JD Sports online before, seen a few things i fancied so i placed an order last Saturday 4th December. If you spend over £25 its free standard delivery, their website states that standard delivery is usually delivered within 3 days.

Anyway, nothing after 3 days. I rang them this afternoon as its 5 days since i placed the order just to find out when the stuff will arrive. Apparently its not even been dispatched yet, no warning on the website to state that they have a huge backlog with deliveries and no email to let customers know this, it seems as though they'd just prefer to keep you in the dark.

He couldn't even guarentee when its going to arrive, i said can you put it on a next day for next week, he said we can't even do that as we have had to cancel next day deliveries as we can't guarentee them.

So if your in a rush for something for xmas as a pressie for someone or just some new gear then don't bother with JD sports online as even they don't have a clue when you will get your order.

Ant 09 December 2011 07:10 PM

:lol1: funny you should say that we orderd these for our little girl

http://p.twimg.com/AfYi2SvCIAAket1.jpg

2 weeks later they arrived!!

You never guess who the use 'yodel' the ****test delivery company ever

jonc 09 December 2011 07:13 PM

They're probably still trying to recover their loss of stock from the chav riots this year.

Scooby Soon! 09 December 2011 09:32 PM

people do not want to pay for a high quality delivery service they want goods delivered as cheaply as possible, thats why you are waiting all of the cheap couriers are busy.

The Zohan 10 December 2011 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10372544)
:lol1: funny you should say that we orderd these for our little girl

http://p.twimg.com/AfYi2SvCIAAket1.jpg

2 weeks later they arrived!!

You never guess who the use 'yodel' the ****test delivery company ever

Yodel deliver for Amazon, delivered a telly on the first expected delivery date just over a week ago.

Ant 10 December 2011 08:10 AM

My wife work place has to distribute through yodel and the amount of accounts that complain about yodel is crazy. Not leaving cards do the their parcel being stuck at collection.

You must of been lucky.

But when I tracked my parcel it was at theirs distribution Center (one for my area) it was there for 5 days before it was ona van

CEL 10 December 2011 08:30 AM

Yodel are a complete waste of time.

I ordered a laptop 26th November and still don't have it. Apparently they have 'lost' it. Currys are not being much help either as its over a weeks since I called them about it.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't think it's just JD. Iwantoneofthose seems to be struggling too. I ordered something on Thursday and it's not due for despatch until 20th December apparently :Suspiciou

JDM_Stig 10 December 2011 08:41 AM

Tescos are struggling too at the moment, I paid for next day delivery and it arrived 6 working days later, normally Tescos are bob on with deliveries, must be the Christmas rush in full swing lol

Rob_Impreza99 10 December 2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 10372794)
people do not want to pay for a high quality delivery service they want goods delivered as cheaply as possible, thats why you are waiting all of the cheap couriers are busy.

This doesn't have anything to do with couriers, JD sports havn't even dispatched the order to the couriers yet so it probably hasn't even been picked.

If a company is snowed under with orders and they know its going to be late when they dispatch them then all they have to do is to put a message on their website saying this, or they can do a mass email to people that have placed orders explaining that they will be late sending them out.

Thats far better than leaving people in the dark, its how a competent business would run itself.

Scooby Soon! 10 December 2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99 (Post 10373379)
This doesn't have anything to do with couriers, JD sports havn't even dispatched the order to the couriers yet so it probably hasn't even been picked.

If a company is snowed under with orders and they know its going to be late when they dispatch them then all they have to do is to put a message on their website saying this, or they can do a mass email to people that have placed orders explaining that they will be late sending them out.

Thats far better than leaving people in the dark, its how a competent business would run itself.

Most will keep things quiet other wise they will lose a lot of money...